4.70 star(s) 115 Votes

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Progress report from the developer at Patreon:

Check In 06/22/2022

Let's get ready to read updates!!!!!!

Pretty easy

Script finished official word tally is about 31,000 and change.

About 2,017 renders posed, I most likely will finish up poses this weekend, then it's just down to finishing the actual backlog of renders. I have1573 of the renders completely rendered and postworked. That leaves around 500ish to finish actually rendering. That's gonna take a majority of my time. ATM the current scene I'm rendering takes about 45 minutes per render. You extrapolate that and you see why time is ticking away.

Animations are at 40 of 41. Just one last one to pose and render and those should be complete. Thank God.

Coding is at about 75%. Finished with every current render I have and just slowly adding them in as I finish.

Based on my current average render time, I'm still pretty confident that next month somewhere will be the sweet spot. Of course things can go bad, or good in fairness so we'll see exactly where. But the window is shrinking up so I'm feeling decently good.

That's it for today, going to go crush some more poses now.

Hope you all have a lovely rest of your week, and thank you so much for your support.

Sláinte!

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018

Check In 06/22/2022

Let's get ready to read updates!!!!!!

Pretty easy

Script finished official word tally is about 31,000 and change.

About 2,017 renders posed, I most likely will finish up poses this weekend, then it's just down to finishing the actual backlog of renders. I have1573 of the renders completely rendered and postworked. That leaves around 500ish to finish actually rendering. That's gonna take a majority of my time. ATM the current scene I'm rendering takes about 45 minutes per render. You extrapolate that and you see why time is ticking away.

Animations are at 40 of 41. Just one last one to pose and render and those should be complete. Thank God.

Coding is at about 75%. Finished with every current render I have and just slowly adding them in as I finish.

Based on my current average render time, I'm still pretty confident that next month somewhere will be the sweet spot. Of course things can go bad, or good in fairness so we'll see exactly where. But the window is shrinking up so I'm feeling decently good.

That's it for today, going to go crush some more poses now.

Hope you all have a lovely rest of your week, and thank you so much for your support.

Sláinte!
It looks like we completed 84 renders and 5 animations this week. The overall average is now ~87 renders and 2.2 animations per week since Part 3 launched. Words now seem locked in at 31,000, an increase of 1000 from the last report. Here are the charts:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
It looks like animations should be complete next week, so renders are the gating item now. We still don't have a solid estimate for the final numbers, but we're on pace to match Part 3's render count (which is close to our current posed count) by around the start of August. I suspect the rate will increase once the animations are done; we've definitely had higher render rates in past. If we can get to 150/week (high, but still only the third fasted rate in this development cycle), that would let us hit the Part 3 benchmark by ~July 20. We'd still need a little time for polish and testing, so that would probably translate to a late July, early August release.

That's probably a reasonable estimate for now, but there's definitely room for both optimism and pessimism. It really depends on how much the render completion process can speed up when the other tasks are done; the actual rendering is probably fairly inelastic but presumably whatever is rendering the animations can pitch in and the post-production work would definitely benefit from some undivided dev attention. We should know more next week once the animations are complete and the coding nears the finish line.

Last edited:

drisarter

Jun 12, 2017
As always ename144 appreciate your breakdowns. Elsewhere too but especially here as I really, really, really love this game! You too Walter Victor although I am a patron... but this way I don't have to bogger logging in to patreon (and, also, others get info about the updates). Said all this before but think good to repeat "thanks" again every now and again. So, thanks!

camube

Jun 4, 2022
It looks like we completed 84 renders and 5 animations this week. The overall average is now ~87 renders and 2.2 animations per week since Part 3 launched. Words now seem locked in at 31,000, an increase of 1000 from the last report. Here are the charts:
It looks like animations should be complete next week, so renders are the gating item now. We still don't have a solid estimate for the final numbers, but we're on pace to match Part 3's render count (which is close to our current posed count) by around the start of August. I suspect the rate will increase once the animations are done; we've definitely had higher render rates in past. If we can get to 150/week (high, but still only the third fasted rate in this development cycle), that would let us hit the Part 3 benchmark by ~July 20. We'd still need a little time for polish and testing, so that would probably translate to a late July, early August release.

That's probably a reasonable estimate for now, but there's definitely room for both optimism and pessimism. It really depends on how much the render completion process can speed up when the other tasks are done; the actual rendering is probably fairly inelastic but presumably whatever is rendering the animations can pitch in and the post-production work would definitely benefit from some undivided dev attention. We should know more next week once the animations are complete and the coding nears the finish line.
how many chapter was the author? this game's story is barely just begun, right?

i played it to the end of what's been released and it seems like the meat of the story hasn't even begin yet.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
how many chapter was the author? this game's story is barely just begun, right?

i played it to the end of what's been released and it seems like the meat of the story hasn't even begin yet.
author ended on 7.1.

camube

Jun 4, 2022
author ended on 7.1.
Is it possible for me to compare that with the unbroken and for it to mean that we are already at 30%-40% of the story here?

It feels like this story barely just begin tbh. Unless things escalate very quickly from this point.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Is it possible for me to compare that with the unbroken and for it to mean that we are already at 30%-40% of the story here?

It feels like this story barely just begin tbh. Unless things escalate very quickly from this point.
nope, this can end on 5 or go longer than stwa.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
A couple of preview pics from the developer on Patreon:

Sneek Peak 06/26/2022

Howdy all!

Have some fun little renders this weekend. A little light lewdness. I have to say even as her creator I was absolutely gobsmacked by the cleavage she's packing here.

That's it for today, still working on editing my stream so I'll need a little longer before I post it, but it's coming soon.

Hope you all have a lovely upcoming week and thank you as always for the support.

Sláinte!

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
A couple of preview pics from the developer on Patreon:

Sneek Peak 06/26/2022

Howdy all!

Have some fun little renders this weekend. A little light lewdness. I have to say even as her creator I was absolutely gobsmacked by the cleavage she's packing here.

That's it for today, still working on editing my stream so I'll need a little longer before I post it, but it's coming soon.

Hope you all have a lovely upcoming week and thank you as always for the support.

Sláinte!
Thank you for all of your efforts!

Does the Dev ever post full size previews? Some of them are really nice.

Reactions: Walter Victor

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Thank you for all of your efforts!

Does the Dev ever post full size previews? Some of them are really nice.
You can see some of them in a larger format if you click on the images at Patreon, but that's as big as they get when copied here.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017

Check In 06/29/2022

Keeping it b today.

Script 100%. No changes

Render posing is now complete at about 2,132 renders posed. Number might bounce a bit either way as I decided if I need renders or decide to move a scene to next update. That typically happens after I run my first Alpha and see everything all set up together. 1829 of the renders completely rendered. I expect all renders will be complete next week and implemented post haste.

Animations are at 40 of 40. I decided the last one wasn't really needed and time could be better spent elsewhere. So animations are now complete.

Coding is at about 81%

Once all renders are finished and implemented I'll move into alpha stage. Run through the games multiple times and make sure everything is happening as coded, and there aren't any art inconsistencies. I usually end up with around 80 renders that need to be fixed and out back in. Then it's off to the beta testers. They do their business, I fix what needs to be fixed from them and then it's release time.

Puts us in a decent place, the pieces are coming together. It's mostly now just a function of waiting on those last renders to finish cooking.

Sláinte!

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018

Check In 06/29/2022

Keeping it b today.

Script 100%. No changes

Render posing is now complete at about 2,132 renders posed. Number might bounce a bit either way as I decided if I need renders or decide to move a scene to next update. That typically happens after I run my first Alpha and see everything all set up together. 1829 of the renders completely rendered. I expect all renders will be complete next week and implemented post haste.

Animations are at 40 of 40. I decided the last one wasn't really needed and time could be better spent elsewhere. So animations are now complete.

Coding is at about 81%

Once all renders are finished and implemented I'll move into alpha stage. Run through the games multiple times and make sure everything is happening as coded, and there aren't any art inconsistencies. I usually end up with around 80 renders that need to be fixed and out back in. Then it's off to the beta testers. They do their business, I fix what needs to be fixed from them and then it's release time.

Puts us in a decent place, the pieces are coming together. It's mostly now just a function of waiting on those last renders to finish cooking.

Sláinte!
It looks like we completed 256 renders , 0 animations and 0 words this week. Overall, that puts the average at ~96 renders and 2.1 animations per week since Part 3 launched. We also learned that we've (probably) reached the final count for both animations and words, and that there are somewhere on the order of 300 renders left to complete. Here are the charts:
SWTAdev expects renders to be finished by next week; that's a little ambitious based on this week's render rate, but it's possible (and it should will only take a day or two more if he fall short). After that it's just finishing the code, then testing and polishing the game. So we're probably in for a release ~mid July, depending on just how long the final stages take. We're definitely getting close, but we're not quite there. We just need to find something to distract us from watching the nearly-boiling pot.

drisarter

Jun 12, 2017
...We just need to find something to distract us from watching the nearly-boiling pot...
The good thing about this situation - unlike the nearly-boiling pot - is that if we do get distracted and let it boil longer than necessary, the meal will still be delicious when we come back to it. The problem of course is finding a worthy distraction.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
A couple of teasers from the developer at Patreon:

Sneak Peak 07/03/2022

Yep I definitely didn't forget today was Sunday...

Have some skin to make up for my tardiness.

Fun fact, both of these scenes took way too long to render.

4.70 star(s) 115 Votes