VN Ren'Py STWA: Unbroken [Pt. 7] [STWAdev]

4.70 star(s) 112 Votes

Rannell

Jul 29, 2020
Got some good progress with Vi + a nice scene with her so I'm satisifed. There were good moments with each of the characters too, particularly the snowball fight. Katie's awful sex banter was a sneaky highlight of the episode, and she probably has the best sex scene variable so far bangedthebaker = True.

It was a great update but the sex animations definitely need some work. The unnatural movements (particularly during the Kana scene) were a bit awkward. Overall though, it's a very good chapter.
I'm going to have to disagree about the animations on how nice you are being about them. Unless I have the wrong setting for them they looked horrifying. Some of them didn't look like real people let alone the people they should have been. The movements were awkward and not human-like at all. Would be so much if you just took them out. You don't have to have animations to be a good AVN.

Last edited:
Reactions: Issikka

Rannell

Jul 29, 2020
If this is not a harem game, let God come down and see.. I'm not saying things won't explode in front of MC's face eventually if you choose to follow all the ladies, but so far so good for harem fans.

Regards
In his prior game you could do everyone, but towards the end you would have to choose.

PipeLayer2000

Dec 24, 2020
I knew this update would be light on Elspeth, after she got a pretty big spotlight last update. But it still doesn't make me any less sad.

Reactions: VOYEUR

Kazy

Feb 3, 2018
Koga has made a partial mod update and a port from it.
And where is it? I'm glued to his website and ready to jump on patreon if i see a port for this game, usually he is the fastest to port this game, but now looks like nobody have an android port, iam on holiday and i really want to play the game, idk why i don t have patience, oh i know, bc this game rocks.... Hopefully in a couple of days max is gonna be here.

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
And where is it? I'm glued to his website and ready to jump on patreon if i see a port for this game, usually he is the fastest to port this game, but now looks like nobody have an android port, iam on holiday and i really want to play the game, idk why i don t have patience, oh i know, bc this game rocks.... Hopefully in a couple of days max is gonna be here.
Checking the mod thread might be an idea........

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
Hmm, i figured her trauma was mostly related to losing her brother.... We don't know what happened there... and yeah, her service without any doubt added some... But the story tells us she joined the army as a pacifist... Army service being one of the family traditions, her reason may very well be related to losing her brother and taking his place as a result of her guilt or some self inflicted penance or just to prove him wrong for something he said.... Elspeth not being able to watch the fight seems more like a hint she's seen her brother getting beat up in a similar way... Compared to witnessing frontline casualties any MMA fight is like a day at the beach getting a suntan...
Joining the military became her duty when her father chose her to be his successor as head of the family after her brother's death.

It is all part of the noblesse oblige of being who they are. Unlike many today, some people of "nobility" believe that it is both a duty and obligation to serve the country that gave them and their ancestors the opportunities to become wealthy and influential. Being a pacifist at heart, Els went further by using her influence and family wealth to establish a center for the less fortunate who served and came back damaged and in need of some support to move on.

Last edited:

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
I've played through the Part 5 a fair bit now, but I'm still struggling with how to talk about it. On a subjective level it's easy: I borderline hated it. The episode felt like a cavalcade of broken promises, uninteresting teases for new suplots, and confusingly vague choices, all culminating in a lewd scene about as fun as nails on a chalkboard. But that's just me. On an objective level, I can't figure out how much of that was a case of me completely misreading what this game was supposed to be like, versus the game itself is drunkenly swerving across lanes as development goes on. There's definitely good stuff in here and it works much better if you approach it with a different mindset (though it's still far from perfect). The question is how valid was my mindset? Hard to say.

So my apologies if this review is more of a rambling mess, but when I'm this lost I think it's better to pick a direction and just start moving. Spoilers ho!
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Well, that's my take, as best I can sum it up. I still like the game, but I'd be lying if said I was anywhere near as enthusiastic as I was before playing Part 5.

tl;dr Extremely frustrating, at least for me. YMMV depending on what you think this game is about.

Mr. Muscles

Mar 30, 2021
I'm going to have to disagree about the animations on how nice you are being about them. Unless I have the wrong setting for them they looked horrifying. Some of them didn't look like real people let alone the people they should have been. The movements were awkward and not human-like at all. Would be so much if you just took them out. You don't have to have animations to be a good AVN.
I can see what you're saying. Yeah, the animations were somewhat average, but it didn't affect my experience that much. I did find funny how the MC goes full shiny bald/hairless during animations.

misfolk

Jan 22, 2021
@ename144, I agree with most of what you have written, but I think you're wrong about the main plot of the Author. If anything, it's a bigger nothingburger than the one of the Unforgiven. The Unforgiven is a slice-of-life story with a bunch of mystery boxes and no central plot arc, just like the Author, but at least we're getting a glimpse into the main mystery box. If we learn that Davis did nothing wrong and it was Valentine himself who got his rebel sweetheart killed, the way the Author tricked us with its main mystery box, I'll be very disappointed.

Reactions: Redd23

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
Hi, so I wanna do a solo Els route but Kana keeps kissing the MC, is there a way to avoid that?
Nope, the girls are very persistent in their behavior. At some point they will be friend zoned, but Kana does what she does no matter how you reacted to her up to now. (possibly if you turn her down this time it's friend zone for her, it should by now) Probably going "man whore route" will give the least problems... It would make sense to play it like that since it's MC's chosen way of protecting himself; who will expect any commitment or any deeper romantic connection from a guy like that? (And that's exactly why Elspeth is dangerous..... she is smart enough to look right through that!)

Reactions: ksuha

kartolas

Apr 10, 2021
Nope, the girls are very persistent in their behavior. At some point they will be friend zoned, but Kana does what she does no matter how you reacted to her up to now. (possibly if you turn her down this time it's friend zone for her, it should by now) Probably going "man whore route" will give the least problems... It would make sense to play it like that since it's MC's chosen way of protecting himself; who will expect any commitment or any deeper romantic connection from a guy like that? (And that's exactly why Elspeth is dangerous..... she is smart enough to look right through that!)
Yeah. I caught myself thinking I would probably prefer the MC be McNab... I know, shocking.

Jericho85

Apr 25, 2022
You didn't like AOA?!
Oh, AOA was trash tier. Fuckin awful.

Unbroken is miles ahead of it by literally every measure, and I still wouldn't even call it one of the "great ones" either. Not yet anyway. It's still one of my favorites. STWADev is one of the better ones that I've seen at character writing and dialog though.

Last edited:
4.70 star(s) 112 Votes