VN Ren'Py STWA: Unbroken [Pt. 7] [STWAdev]

4.70 star(s) 112 Votes

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
Until this update, Kana was one of my favorites along with Elspeth (Els has always been the one at the top for me, out of them all. Though I guess Sir Pounce a Alot would be giving her a run for the money now :KEK: ) & Viridiana.
But having played and finished the update, I have to say Damn, I think her character sadly went downhill with this update.

The last sex scene with her I just felt was bizarre and too rushed.
As ename144 mentioned in his post, it just felt like a "flip of a switch" where Kana just turned into a nympho all of a sudden (with lines like "I love sex so much. Now you must take responsibility for my libido.").

Really think the dev should have taken her arc at a more slower pace like Elspeth (that train station scene with her was just lovely), and Viridiana (quite enjoyed being the same team as her in the snowball fight).

Jericho85

Apr 25, 2022
Until this update, Kana was one of my favorites along with Elspeth (Els has always been the one at the top for me, out of them all. Though I guess Sir Pounce a Alot would be giving her a run for the money now :KEK: ) & Viridiana.
But having played and finished the update, I have to say Damn, I think her character sadly went downhill with this update.

The last sex scene with her I just felt was bizarre and too rushed.
As ename144 mentioned in his post, it just felt like a "flip of a switch" where Kana just turned into a nympho all of a sudden (with lines like "I love sex so much. Now you must take responsibility for my libido.").

Really think the dev should have taken her arc at a more slower pace like Elspeth (that train station scene with her was just lovely), and Viridiana (quite enjoyed being the same team as her in the snowball fight).
Oddly, Teaming up with Ines in the snowball fight turns into another nice Vi moment too.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
While ename144 does trend towards significant verbosity, most of the review Is can reasonably agree with. The flipping of Kana's switch, however, reminds me very much of a nice girl I knew who had attended a. Catholic private school until her final year, where ahe went to the public school instead. Once that button had been pushed you really had to hang on for safety, or she'd make you hurt. Mostly in good ways, of course.

Yamura

Mar 14, 2019
While ename144 does trend towards significant verbosity, most of the review Is can reasonably agree with. The flipping of Kana's switch, however, reminds me very much of a nice girl I knew who had attended a. Catholic private school until her final year, where ahe went to the public school instead. Once that button had been pushed you really had to hang on for safety, or she'd make you hurt. Mostly in good ways, of course.
The update seemed full of brooding self reflection but I guess that happens a lot around Christmas/New Year. Looking forward to Elspeth’s return after the 1st of the year though.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Okay, but it's the button that really gets me. Did your friend only transition from gropey make-out sessions to non-stop fuckfest after you bought her a stuffed animal?

misfolk

Jan 22, 2021
A more Doylist explanation is that STWADev doesn't usually try to punish the player for not having enough points. There are games where you must get like 30 out of 32 possible points with a character to get a scene, but in STWA games you can afford to make bad jokes and bad decisions and still get the girl you want. My Valentine courted Kana, so a steamy sex scene made sense, but I guess the threshold for it is *too* generous and people are hitting it while trying to be good friends with her.

UPD: Oh, MrBubu came through and it looks like it's a basic love>trust check. No wonder it's so easy to pass.

Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
Okay, but it's the button that really gets me. Did your friend only transition from gropey make-out sessions to non-stop fuckfest after you bought her a stuffed animal?
As I recall it was her favorite flower, and then I bit her ear, but everybody is different.

Am I surprised by Kana this time out? Absolutely. Do I find her behavior inexplicable? No.

I was, however, a bit surprised by Amrit, who kept acting like my MC had been leading her on, when I was trying to keep things professional. Maybe I made an error somewhere.

Reactions: jigga51

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
would make a lot of sense storywise
It might but..... there's something i noticed when replaying. There's a girl walking from the direction of Elspeth's garage box, that looks awfully like the girl behind the pc, in the scene we learn people are looking into his backgrounds.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

DaFlurbIsHere

Jun 3, 2022
I've played through the Part 5 a fair bit now, but I'm still struggling with how to talk about it. On a subjective level it's easy: I borderline hated it.

tl;dr Extremely frustrating, at least for me. YMMV depending on what you think this game is about.
Wow, impressive and very well-argued post! I agree with much of what you are saying, and especially Kana. Just like you, I like the backstory, the new training goal etc. and the way she subtly forced MC to like Christmas, but I was dismayed by the sex scene - it wasn't fun at all whereas I was expecting something romantic and sweet (as well as hot) with Kana. Especially since I'm going a solo Kana route with no love for anyone else, no matter how many times they keep throwing themselves at me/him. Get out of my bedroom, Amrit! And stay out! (there is a sex scene here if you say that the time has finally come, don't know why some people think there is no action with her). Seriously, I told her no, not in a million years last time around, now it's as if MC and her have been doing things together and he's 'not there yet' which implies that someday soon he will be. In the previous game there also was a very strong tendency not to understand that no means no.

Kana is the only girl that gets me interested (in The Author I played a totally celibate route as none of the LI's floated my/MC's boat), and now to have this energetic but unemotional fuckathon (do you want anal with that, sir?) felt totally off. I hope the relationship regains the depth and warmth it had in the previous chapters). And I would also really like it if Elspeth just left MC alone forever once he has turned her down definitively (as he did last update, in my case).

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
In the previous game there also was a very strong tendency not to understand that no means no.
And I would also really like it if Elspeth just left MC alone forever once he has turned her down definitively (as he did last update, in my case).
This developer likes to give players a second chance at romancing potential LIs. Some players actually like that option. In your case, just keep declining.

camube

Jun 4, 2022
gotta admit, after playing The Author, and this portion of The Unbroken, STWA does make an efficient game. Like you'd have confident he'd finish his games.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
He already has the request. It usually takes him a little less than a week.

Leeches certainly are impatient, and don't take the time to see that people have already made the same post nearly a dozen times.
Nor do they take into account that he has a lot of mods, and that it takes time to create or update a good mod.

Patience may be a virtue, but it's in short supply on pirate sites like this one. "I know I'm getting it for free, but I still want it RIGHT NOW!!!"

4.70 star(s) 112 Votes