VN Ren'Py STWA: Unbroken [Pt. 7] [STWAdev]

4.70 star(s) 112 Votes

Chuck_Bass

Nov 25, 2022
Latest progress report from the developer at Patreon:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Check in 01/11/2023

Hey all! We now are returning to our regular post schedule.

Thanks everybody who showed up to our QnA on Sunday I hope had a nice time. For those who missed it the above render is for 500 patrons. I'd like to a little something extra as well for that landmark, but I haven't quite decided on what so keep an eye out.

So after my refreshing week off I'm back to hitting the pavement and getting started on update work. Most of this week will focus on building sets, getting things converted and organizing the script outline. It's not really that glamourous, but it's part of the job.

I'd love to have more exciting news but that's about it for now, just getting all my early update work done, I'll let you know how it's looking next week, but most likely I'll be all finished by then and on to some heavier work.

As I always say, thank you so much for your support it really means the world to me. I hope you have a lovely rest of your week!

Sláinte!
Man, I hope the new chapter will come out soon, I really took liking to this game, It's probably in my top 3 VNs so far.

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
Latest progress report from the developer at Patreon:

Check in 01/11/2023

Hey all! We now are returning to our regular post schedule.

Thanks everybody who showed up to our QnA on Sunday I hope had a nice time. For those who missed it the above render is for 500 patrons. I'd like to a little something extra as well for that landmark, but I haven't quite decided on what so keep an eye out.

So after my refreshing week off I'm back to hitting the pavement and getting started on update work. Most of this week will focus on building sets, getting things converted and organizing the script outline. It's not really that glamourous, but it's part of the job.

I'd love to have more exciting news but that's about it for now, just getting all my early update work done, I'll let you know how it's looking next week, but most likely I'll be all finished by then and on to some heavier work.

As I always say, thank you so much for your support it really means the world to me. I hope you have a lovely rest of your week!

Sláinte!
Yowza!

Dec 29, 2018
I hate it when games give you fake choices.

I've chosen to reject every woman in the game except for Amrit because I'm waiting to see what her reaction is when she starts to figure out why the sudden change in Valentine is happening. And so far it's been going well, as she's noticed that he hasn't been interested in other women lately. But now, Kana seems to messing that up.

We are given the choice to kiss Kana or not to, and I chose not to. But then they kiss immediately afterwards anyways, and he goes and asks for a second one automatically. We are given the same choice again later, and the exact same thing happens. I choose not to kiss her, and then my choice is ignored again. A few scenes after that, she jumps on his lap and asks him to fuck her. Then we are given a choice, and I chose not to. Fortunately, the game actually registered that choice this time and he didn't disregard my decision as it had the previous two times.

So what's up with that? Why does the game ignore our choices here? Were those unavoidable moments crucial to the rest of the game? Was there a paparazzi in the bushes snapping photos for a story about Kana and Valentine to be released when she tries to get back in the squared circle? Who would care about that? It's such a minor thing that I can't see a reason for it to be forced on us. Is there something I did wrong? Is this one of those situations where choosing to be polite has confused the game into thinking I was interested in Kana?

• Haha
Reactions: cxx

Jericho85

Apr 25, 2022

I've chosen to reject every woman in the game except for Amrit because I'm waiting to see what her reaction is when she starts to figure out why the sudden change in Valentine is happening. And so far it's been going well, as she's noticed that he hasn't been interested in other women lately. But now, Kana seems to messing that up.

We are given the choice to kiss Kana or not to, and I chose not to. But then they kiss immediately afterwards anyways, and he goes and asks for a second one automatically. We are given the same choice again later, and the exact same thing happens. I choose not to kiss her, and then my choice is ignored again. A few scenes after that, she jumps on his lap and asks him to fuck her. Then we are given a choice, and I chose not to. Fortunately, the game actually registered that choice this time and he didn't disregard my decision as it had the previous two times.

So what's up with that? Why does the game ignore our choices here? Were those unavoidable moments crucial to the rest of the game? Was there a paparazzi in the bushes snapping photos for a story about Kana and Valentine to be released when she tries to get back in the squared circle? Who would care about that? It's such a minor thing that I can't see a reason for it to be forced on us. Is there something I did wrong? Is this one of those situations where choosing to be polite has confused the game into thinking I was interested in Kana?
She pulls MC into a kiss, not the other way around. And she only does it if kanalove >= kanafriend. So your choices very much do matter.

As far as the "Christmas as Kana's" scene, again the scene changes if you have more "friend" points than "love" points with her. You can still get the sex scene with her even when friendzoning her, but she won't jump into MC's lap. Instead she'll sit across the sofa and you have the choice to seduce her:

Last edited:

Chuck_Bass

Nov 25, 2022

Stop sending her mixed signals and she won't try to kiss you, it's that simple.

Dec 29, 2018
She pulls MC into a kiss, not the other way around. And she only does it if kanalove >= kanafriend. So your choices very much do matter.
I went and used the unren tool to enable the console and extract the scripts to figure out where I went wrong. It turns out that I had three more love points than I did friend points for her. So then I had to try and figure out where all these love points were coming from since I never once flirted with her, or checked her out, or showed any romantic interest in her.

It turns out that just being polite is enough to get a bunch. Which is doubly troublesome since you are missing out on friendship points at the same time. For example, after your race she says "You better find some time for me, though" and you can either respond with "Sure" (love points) or "Maybe" (friend points). I had expected the latter choice to lose friendship points because it seems like you aren't really interested in hanging out with her at all, so those are the sorts of choices that tripped me up.

Another example was when Kana tells you that you are bad at interviews. Listening to her explain why she thinks that leads gives you a love point, while disagreeing with her removes a love point and adds a friendship point. I had initially chosen to listen to her because I was hoping to learn how to make more money by working the audience. It had nothing to do with being romantically interested in her, so having a three points swing there seems excessive.

These points are a bit strange because they seem to represent how she feels about you, but you can alter them with inner thoughts that she's not privy to. For example, when the game asks you to pick a muse to dedicate your fight to, that will increase your love points by 2 to the one you pick.

4.70 star(s) 112 Votes