VN Ren'Py STWA: Unbroken [Pt. 7] [STWAdev]

4.70 star(s) 115 Votes

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
These points are a bit strange because they seem to represent how she feels about you, but you can alter them with inner thoughts that she's not privy to. For example, when the game asks you to pick a muse to dedicate your fight to, that will increase your love points by 2 to the one you pick.
Just an FYI: most relationship points in a game are two-way streets. They can mean how the MC feels about the potential LI, but they can also mean how that LI feels toward the MC, or both. It just means that the relationship grows stronger, irrespective of the source of the attraction. In these cases, doing or saying or thinking something may all affect relationship points. There is no strangeness. It's just the way these things work in almost every game that uses them.

Jericho85

Apr 25, 2022
These points are a bit strange because they seem to represent how she feels about you, but you can alter them with inner thoughts that she's not privy to. For example, when the game asks you to pick a muse to dedicate your fight to, that will increase your love points by 2 to the one you pick.
Just an FYI: most relationship points in a game are two-way streets. They can mean how the MC feels about the potential LI, but they can also mean how that LI feels toward the MC, or both. It just means that the relationship grows stronger, irrespective of the source of the attraction. In these cases, doing or saying or thinking something may all affect relationship points. There is no strangeness. It's just the way these things work in almost every game that uses them.
To be fair, this is why I'm generally not a fan of RP systems in comparison to simple True/false checks to certain variables. It can be difficult sometimes for a dev to balance it.

The comparative system in Unbroken is even worse than straight RP points. The balance between Love and Friend can be tipped easily at several stages, which can make things feel inconsistant. That and to Alfred's point, some choices aren't very clear or sensible.

It's not perfect, but it's nowhere close to a deal breaker for me. I like the characters too much to worry over little things like that. I'm far more offended by weak characters and bad storytelling. *cough*Summer's Gone / Where It All Began *cough*

Last edited:

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
Finished a complete run on one of my routes for this release and I can't help but wonder if the Dev is using a different method to create animations now. I went back to some earlier scenes, and they were just fine - well paced and nearly natural looking. However, the animations for this release appear much jerkier, somewhat rushed in pace, and MC's dick looks like it is stretching and almost bending in some of them. Also, Vi's face in certain scenes, particularly her "big scene", seemed elongated a bit at times. May have been a matter of the way the model morphs during changes in perspective, or part of the same issue that's making the animation rendering look off.

Maybe there was something said and I just didn't see it come through. Nothing about a new method in the change log. Anyone have any info or thoughts?

I won't get all dramatic and say it ruined it for me, but it does appear to be a step back - or at least learning curve on a new process...:unsure:

Last edited:

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
Finished a complete run on one of my routes for this release and I can't help but wonder if the Dev is using a different method to create animations now. I went back to some earlier scenes, and they were just fine - well paced and nearly natural looking. However, the animations for this release appear much jerkier, somewhat rushed in pace, and MC's dick looks like it is stretching and almost bending in some of them. Also, Vi's face in certain scenes, particularly her "big scene", seemed elongated a bit at times. May have been a matter of the way the model morphs during changes in perspective, or part of the same issue that's making the animation rendering look off.

Maybe there was something said and I just didn't see it come through. Nothing about a new method in the change log. Anyone have any info or thoughts?

I won't get all dramatic and say it ruined it for me, but it does appear to be a step back - or at least learning curve on a new process...:unsure:
noticed that too, they seem to be of lower quality than in the past. I don't mind it too much coz the story and characters are interesting enough to keep my attention.

Reactions: Jericho85

Chuck_Bass

Nov 25, 2022
Ines is protective of Vi (there was a particular scene where this was explained)... so if you want her to be less protective, avoid choices that increase those points
The thing is, at this point in the game they don't seem to matter at all.
I wonder how her protectiveness level will influence the plot in the future.
I hope she is not going to cock block the MC.

• Haha
Reactions: cxx

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
The thing is, at this point in the game they don't seem to matter at all.
I wonder how her protectiveness level will influence the plot in the future.
I hope she is not going to cock block the MC.
true, they didn't influence anything so far as far as I can tell... still, I think that's the intention the dev had, could be a point check later in future

Jericho85

Apr 25, 2022
is this a harem game? can you have more than one girl in love with you?
Not a harem game, and I'm not entirely sure there's any hints of a throuple path yet either. If there is one, it'll probably be Vi and Ines. There's definitely going to be some more threesomes though. Probably with Vi & Ines, or Amrit & Kana. Maybe even Trinity & Kana. Who knows.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Not a harem game, and I'm not entirely sure there's any hints of a throuple path yet either. If there is one, it'll probably be Vi and Ines. There's definitely going to be some more threesomes though. Probably with Vi & Ines, or Amrit & Kana. Maybe even Trinity & Kana. Who knows.
mc hops from room to room and fucks every1. :p

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
The hints are the choices that indicate points for "lesbian" leanings. They've been there for Amrit, Kana & Vi, maybe even one interaction for Els, but I can't recall.

Jericho85

Apr 25, 2022
The hints are the choices that indicate points for "lesbian" leanings. They've been there for Amrit, Kana & Vi, maybe even one interaction for Els, but I can't recall.
Those interestingirls variables don't necessarily suggest throuple or threesome (though the threesome is a likely outcome). It could just mean what it says it means... That they're interested in girls. Every main LI has that variable, even Serena (and I think she's still considered a side girl?). Take Amrit or Kana for example. They could very well become scissor sisters if their lesbo points are high enough and MC isn't a in a relationship with either of them. No MC involved in the equation.

It's also possible that not all of those variables will ever be used. This VN has a lot of unused variables in the current version.

Reactions: Walter Victor

hysepReC

Feb 16, 2022
Damn, this game has its own version of the montreal screwjob or hmm... maybe it's closer to the incident... Kana kind of deserved it though, you're supposed to put someone over on your way out, not beat the entire locker room. :KEK:

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
A couple of more teasers from the developer at Patreon:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Sneak Peak? I guess... 01/15/2023

Howdy y'all.

Obviously I'm still fairly early in the process so not a ton of sexy things to show off. As I mentioned in the weekly update most of my time has been spent building and refining new sets, which is very unsexy work. Sometimes you get lucky and find a set that perfectly gives you what you need, but more often than not that isn't the case these days. So it's either, refine an old set into something new or build one yourself. Retexturing, adding furniture and such. Mostly finished all that up, with some minor modifications still to stand this weekend, but in a decent place to start some script work this week.

The above renders were just little tests I did to see around how long a scene will take to render in them, obviously it's no good for me if they exceed 6 hours a piece, but I lucked out with them this time.

I'll be doing an art stream for Blue Belts and above next Sunday, most likely won't be a spoiler stream though so if you usually avoid them for spoiler fears this may be the one for you.

Thanks as always for the support and I hope you have a lovely upcoming week.

Sláinte!

4.70 star(s) 115 Votes