Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
Like you said It's better to pay upfront...

and since you mentioned the price will go up once the game does get finished the more reason why it is better to wait for the full-priced product than this early access stuff...
Uh, why? You get the "full game" with the early access. You don't have to pay any more to get the full product. Next content update, steam will update the game for those that got it there.

Kernist

Dec 1, 2017
You get the "full game" with the early access.
Except you don't. There are games that never come out of EA. There are games where developer is just bored and says "meh, ok, this build is final, let's say it's "finished" game). It is more of "Maybe in the future you will get a full game with the Early Access". And with the pace Studio FOW is doing it I am afraid I will die of old age before final release.

Reactions: drpavelcia

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
Except you don't. There are games that never come out of EA. There are games where developer is just bored and says "meh, ok, this build is final, let's say it's "finished" game). It is more of "Maybe in the future you will get a full game with the Early Access". And with the pace Studio FOW is doing it I am afraid I will die of old age before final release.
Which you can say about every game on this site that doesn't have the complete tag. And issue is again? I guess you don't pledge to any creator at all, because of that risk right?

fricknaysh420

Apr 23, 2019
I do think its better to just buy it at EA state because in the case that it does "release" and it still feels like its in EA state then you still saved like an extra 30 dollars. I feel like people that think its better to buy in its "completed" state are kinda scamming themselves. we live in time where games will never feel completed because of over promise that devs screw themselves with. so with that logic why buy a non completed game for full price when you can get it for half or less then half lol.

Kernist

Dec 1, 2017
I do think its better to just buy it at EA state because in the case that it does "release" and it still feels like its in EA state then you still saved like an extra 30 dollars. I feel like people that think its better to buy in its "completed" state are kinda scamming themselves. we live in time where games will never feel completed because of over promise that devs screw themselves with. so with that logic why buy a non completed game for full price when you can get it for half or less then half lol.
What kind of logic is that?
1. Game will not be 30$ more expensive after release, only 10$ iirc.
2. That's why this site exist. You can test the game before purchasing and decide on your own if you want to buy it or not.
3. If you decide you want the game but not for 30$ you can wait for sale and buy it cheaper one day.

Your reasoning is one of the most stupid things I ever read on this forum.

Kernist

Dec 1, 2017
Which you can say about every game on this site that doesn't have the complete tag. And issue is again? I guess you don't pledge to any creator at all, because of that risk right?
Yes, exactly. Subverse was the first and made me regret it. If you don't know what the issue is here then I am afraid I cannot help you.

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
Yes, exactly. Subverse was the first and made me regret it. If you don't know what the issue is here then I am afraid I cannot help you.
Well, someone is leeches all their life and others support creators.. If no one ever did take a chance on early access or pledge to creators during the creation process, you would had very slim pickings when it come to adult games on this site.

Kernist

Dec 1, 2017
Well, someone is leeches all their life and others support creators.. If no one ever did take a chance on early access or pledge to creators during the creation process, you would had very slim pickings when it come to adult games on this site.
It only applies to western releases. Eastern releases sell us already finished products on dlsite. Sadly adult market on the west is not developed at all and everything is based on KS/patreon, that means pay for the product before you even know it's worth. I am the person who prefer to wait for finished game. If that makes me "leecher" then I am proud of it.

Reactions: ArisVangua

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
It only applies to western releases. Eastern releases sell us already finished products on dlsite. Sadly adult market on the west is not developed at all and everything is based on KS/patreon, that means pay for the product before you even know it's worth. I am the person who prefer to wait for finished game. If that makes me "leecher" then I am proud of it.
I guess you can show to a waste library on steam of adult games that was released at full then. Or maybe not?

Razrback16

Jul 20, 2020
1. Game will not be 30$ more expensive after release, only 10$ iirc.
2. That's why this site exist. You can test the game before purchasing and decide on your own if you want to buy it or not.
3. If you decide you want the game but not for 30$ you can wait for sale and buy it cheaper one day.
Ya I'm really thankful for this site. There's a few I've played that I'm just waiting to become available on Steam and I will buy them immediately at full price. It's nice being able to test drive things you've either never heard of until this site, or a game like Subverse where I was following it closely for two years but wasn't sure about some things and wanted to check it out before pulling the trigger on it. Being able to take that test drive really saves us from disappointment sometimes.

Evilfish82

Jul 25, 2018
It's only a few for a number of reasons: 1) its 0.1, the amount given is just enough to be unlocked by what's currently in the story. I'm sure if they'd packed in like 20 for each girl so far, there'd be complaints that there's no way to get everything at the current build.

2) They've explained that they only put a small amount of animations in there to see if the system functioned properly, and to gain initial feedback. Imagine if every animation had been done already, but then it turned out (as comments here and elsewhere show) that not everyone liked it? That'd be a whole lot more work to redo.

Look, I'm not a hater or anything but I'd be pretty fucking deluded not to see the whole thing going through the motions. I really want the game to be completed, but it's looking more and more like one of those scams. The tide of fanboys who have to personally apologize for every post that is short of praising the ground the devs walk upon while assuring them that they can take all the time in the world for their updates. In fact if the next update comes in a century that would be too soon, their bones would be unworthy. Those are the first symptom of the failure and while it's not under the dev's control (make no mistake, they love fanboys) the fact that they are starting to make excuses, that the work is too hard even if they got a small fortune, miles better than they could have hoped for, the updates are small and far in between. Not a peep from them for two weeks. That kind of silence is odd if nothing else.

Anyway, I hope I'm wrong, I hope that's me being overly negative but from something from the graveyard of scam games which is quite huge, tells me I'm not.

2.90 star(s) 250 Votes