Deleted member 324588

Engaged Member
Dec 9, 2017
Focus on your strenghts and don't mislead the public.
Easy.
so they took their strengths, making quality smut films and combined it with hiring experienced game devs to make an actual game with quality smut and…

also if anyone was misled it’s probably cuz they read something calling it the XCOM/Mass Effect of adult games and overhyped themselves without looking into what the game was gonna be.

Reactions: caporalll

Deleted member 324588

Engaged Member
Dec 9, 2017
The animations are good but not well implemented into the actual game.
The combat is repetitive and get's boring really fast.

Just take a look at the reviews here, people are not satisfied with the game. It is lacking content and gameplay quality.
And I’d balance that against the people that are happy with it, be it on steam or discord, and say the negative are very much in the minority.

Reactions: caporalll

Furabia

Donor
Jun 23, 2019
And I’d balance that against the people that are happy with it, be it on steam or discord, and say the negative are very much in the minority.
Whether the people who criticize the game are a minority or not is besides the point, it is moot to the discussion.

It doesn't change the fact that from a game design point of view (and even by adult game standards) Subverse is at best an underwhelming game with many flaws, given the budget and overall production quality.

Most people are simple creatures; you need only see what is popular across different media such as music, games, television, etc to realize that just because the majority of people like something, it doesn't make that something good or above criticism. Nothing is perfect of course and everything has haters and critics who most of the time are a very small minority.

But the point is that even Subverse's the critics are a minority, it is definitely a much more sizeable minority than usual for a piece of media (in a percentage), which in itself speaks volumes and is a testament to the game's design failings, regardless if the majority of people liked the game, because as we established, most people have simple needs and don't have enough knowledge to know when something is flawed.

The conclusion is that the majority of sfow's audience were of people who are into adult videos, and not adult games, so if Subverse happens to be one of your first adult games that you played then it will surely seem like an impressive thing, because the presentation is great. But for people who have more experience with adult games in general, then the sub-par execution is more clear, which consequently generate the displease seen here.

Deleted member 324588

Engaged Member
Dec 9, 2017
Whether the people who criticize the game are a minority or not is besides the point, it is moot to the discussion.

It doesn't change the fact that from a game design point of view (and even by adult game standards) Subverse is at best an underwhelming game with many flaws, given the budget and overall production quality.

Most people are simple creatures; you need only see what is popular across different media such as music, games, television, etc to realize that just because the majority of people like something, it doesn't make that something good or above criticism. Nothing is perfect of course and everything has haters and critics who most of the time are a very small minority.

But the point is that even Subverse's the critics are a minority, it is definitely a much more sizeable minority than usual for a piece of media (in a percentage), which in itself speaks volumes and is a testament to the game's design failings, regardless if the majority of people liked the game, because as we established, most people have simple needs and don't have enough knowledge to know when something is flawed.

The conclusion is that the majority of sfow's audience were of people who are into adult videos, and not adult games, so if Subverse happens to be one of your first adult games that you played then it will surely seem like an impressive thing, because the presentation is great. But for people who have more experience with adult games in general, then the sub-par execution is more clear, which consequently generate the displease seen here.
forgot the ‘in my opinion part’ there.

From my own experience played other adult games or not doesn’t really mean that much to the experience here. I’ve played illusion games, rpgmaker games, plenty of VN’s, both in development and fully completed ones, and this just goes above and beyond all of them, which is a good thing.

“The conclusion is that the majority of sfow's audience were of people who are into adult videos, and not adult games”

Yes, and people gave them money for a game. Of which they’re getting.

“Whether the people who criticize the game are a minority or not is besides the point, it is moot to the discussion”

So that there’s people with negative views of the game completely nullifies the positive ones? Your next paragraph seems to imply that the negative reviews are the most important ones, which I think would be a big mistake. That just screams ‘Last Jedi to Rise of Skywalker’ where the negative criticism was taken the most in, and the trajectory of the films went way off track.

There’s plenty of ways to present criticism, there’s many positive posts that also ask for things for the next update. But most of the reviews here are not the kind that a dev would care to read.

Reactions: caporalll and sx78

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
Looks like steam mods have the subverse forum on overwatch or something. Some "chinese" threads get deleted as soon as they appear. Next up, steam get under siege by Cbinese for denying them the "freedom of democracy" to protest... :ROFLMAO:

Deleted member 324588

Engaged Member
Dec 9, 2017
Looks like steam mods have the subverse forum on overwatch or something. Some "chinese" threads get deleted as soon as they appear. Next up, steam get under siege by Cbinese for denying them the "freedom of democracy" to protest... :ROFLMAO:
think that’s steam actually, I believe there’s some system they use when a review bombing like this occurs

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
think that’s steam actually, I believe there’s some system they use when a review bombing like this occurs
Yeah, but saw not just regular mods there today, saw some with actual VALVE tags on them doing some enforcing.

Razrback16

Jul 20, 2020
Can review bombing actually harm the game sales?
Eh, only for lazy people who don't read some of the actual reviews and just look at the percentages (and in my experience most people read the reviews or even inquire on messageboards if they want more information). It's important to actually read what people have to say. When I'm interested in a game on Steam, I read reviews from verified owners, and I use the options in the filters to only read reviews from people who are not only verified, but have played the game for a specified # of minimum hours and I look for commonalities in the positives and negatives to see what people think is good, bad, and mediocre before deciding whether to buy a game, and for how much $.

With the whole Chinese language translation issue, devs gave their answer to that topic, and some people were angry about it and cited it in their reviews as it was apparently important to them.

Ultimately it doesn't matter if people just read what the reviews have to say. When there's a criticism of something that doesn't matter to a potential customer, that customer just skips over that review as it doesn't apply to them.

Another route some who aren't sure will take is to the high seas where they can test drive the game and decide if it's for them and then if they like it they may then choose to buy it.

Reactions: Danlorn

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
I think some of the most recent positive reviews will trigger some people down there in China land.. :ROFLMAO:

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠟⠋⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⢁⠈⢻⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠃⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠈⡀⠭⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⣿⣿⣿⣿⡟⠄⢀⣾⣿⣿⣿⣷⣶⣿⣷⣶⣶⡆⠄⠄⠄⣿⣿⣿⣿
⣿⣿⣿⣿⡇⢀⣼⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣧⠄⠄⢸⣿⣿⣿⣿
⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⣼⣿⣿⠿⠶⠙⣿⡟⠡⣴⣿⣽⣿⣧⠄⢸⣿⣿⣿⣿
⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣾⣿⣿⣟⣭⣾⣿⣷⣶⣶⣴⣶⣿⣿⢄⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡟⣩⣿⣿⣿⡏⢻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣹⡋⠘⠷⣦⣀⣠⡶⠁⠈⠁⠄⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣍⠃⣴⣶⡔⠒⠄⣠⢀⠄⠄⠄⡨⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣦⡘⠿⣷⣿⠿⠟⠃⠄⠄⣠⡇⠈⠻⣿⣿⣿⣿
⣿⣿⣿⣿⡿⠟⠋⢁⣷⣠⠄⠄⠄⠄⣀⣠⣾⡟⠄⠄⠄⠄⠉⠙⠻
⡿⠟⠋⠁⠄⠄⠄⢸⣿⣿⡯⢓⣴⣾⣿⣿⡟⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄
⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⣿⡟⣷⠄⠹⣿⣿⣿⡿⠁⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄
特別上來看熱鬧XDDDD
Respect! Studio FOW

Also it seems like Steam taken a ZERO tolerance of Chinese threads (threads/posts started in Chinese) on the Subverse forum atm. Not just locked, but removed all together. Rather than deal with translate these things I think they doing a "no fucks given" approach.

• Haha
Reactions: replica and yen72

replica

Aug 27, 2017
west taiwan so fragile, so weak.

well if they are really "chinese" why they can't read Traditional Chinese :ROFLMAO:

if emperor xi know they play this kind of game, their hard earn social credit score 'll gone

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
I'm relatively new to this site, so I also have a question: is there a reward for the 100th user asking the same question? It would explain a lot.
Use the search box and check how many posts about crack show up in this thread. (or steam)

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
They made a comment in their new post about the 'GIF loops' for the h scenes. They say they are not an animation studio with 80+ animators working on this. As the most crowd funded adult game of all time I expected better tbh
Maybe you should mention it's not actual gif loops as well.

What you expect means nothing, you are not the one that employ the people and pay the wages.

rf96

I rape lolis with my tentacles
Uploader
Donor
Aug 11, 2017
2021-11-13_01h50_37.jpg

Chinese review bombers. Apparently they didn't like the localisation made in traditional Chinese (Taiwan). :KEK:

Reactions: jscott313
2.90 star(s) 249 Votes