EngineofDeath

Feb 5, 2019
So I download all 5 gigs of Part one and RAR extract frog says there is an error and won't unpack so I use PK-Zip and I get the following error that it is missing the following file (and Missing volume : Subverse_0.4.5.part2.rar--which I understand)

Data error : Subverse 0.4.5\Subverse\Content\FMOD\Desktop\SidequestVO.bank

So What's the deal... Bad file? or just par for Part 1?
You have to download all parts eg: part 1, part 2, part 3...
Use WinRAR to unpack most of the archive files. If the files doesn't have the same names (except for part number/s), It won't recognize the sequence of parts and you'll be prompted to direct to the next file on sequence.

Last edited:

raygetard10

Apr 17, 2021
So I download all 5 gigs of Part one and RAR extract frog says there is an error and won't unpack so I use PK-Zip and I get the following error that it is missing the following file (and Missing volume : Subverse_0.4.5.part2.rar--which I understand)

Data error : Subverse 0.4.5\Subverse\Content\FMOD\Desktop\SidequestVO.bank

So What's the deal... Bad file? or just par for Part 1?
Just get free download manager or bit torrent and use the torrent download alot less hassle

professorx10

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2018
You need to download all of the parts before extracting. Part 1 by itself is an incomplete file.
Ok Thank you for that clarification. I think that should be put on page one or there will be a lot of 'newbies' like me who can't figure our why they can't the game to run...even after 5 GIGS of downloading (which is exceptionally high to start!)
Somebody please put that on the Op page!!

Eye Yi Yi... this a monster of a game...
After reading all the reviews, I'll think about it.

But thank you for helping me understand what went wrong.

EmIarMitee

Jan 21, 2021
It literally does though. You can't make something as good as a Blender animation in Gmod because Gmod, and the source engine version it uses, doesn't have the same sort of tools as blender does since it was never made to do it.

Software absolutely has EVERYTHING to do with the quality of animation, because if software doesn't have X,Y, or Z, tool to do something, you wont have the same quality as if made in software that does. Obviously you can fuck up things in Blender(no one ever said otherwise so this whole comment is a strawman from the get go),, but Blender easily allows for much higher quality animations compared to SFM because it was made for it, and has tools to do it SFM doesn't.

this part of your posts just contradicts your first part
>software doesn't matter!
>but because other artists used blender which had all these extra control their videos look better
So software does matter?

I haven't posted here in a long time but this post was so dumb, and contradictory, it made me.
Quality of animation doesn't have much to do with software, both blender and sfm allow you to make animations with keyframes, blender has few other options but lazy person will make crap while patient animator can make decent ANIMATION (I'm talking about movement, not the graphics, lighting, textures) even in SFM, that's what I meant when I said I don't like stuff most Blender stuff because they are lazy in terms of animations and try to make up for it with graphics which Blender out of the gate does better, but even that can be fucked up, which again, supports my argument that software doesn't actually matter that much, at least to some extent.

SFM was actually made to make animations, it is basic and based on video game engine but it absolutely was made only to animate stuff, that's the whole point, it's in the name - Source FILM maker. Blender is a complete 3D packge and it can do more than just animate.

Also what's up with the personal attacks? You can't have civilized dicussion? Take a chill pill.

Maleficus04

Oct 24, 2018
Sorry for the long-winded speech in advance, just really needed to express my thoughts on the update.

I'm so disappointed in this...

I certainly have my problems with the way the game has gone, like many others, but I've been trying to enjoy each update to some degree. But not only does this update not have any scenes for other girls - which I would have been okay with if not for the fact that - its scenes for Sova are also very lackluster. The thing I was looking forward to the most, due to the overall lack of it so far, and the fact that they teased it in the lead-up conversations, was a blowjob scene with Sova. Not only did she not have one at all (I don't count sucking tentacles as a real blowjob), the picture I thought was a teaser for it from Twitter ended up being her pegging the captain... Fantastic.

After I unlocked Sova and was initially bummed that her recruitment mission was not a blowjob, I went to PANDORA to see if she had anything else that may be good. While there was certainly some variation in positions, it was mostly the same cowgirl or missionary-esque positions with different partners. I used a trainer to unlock all of them to confirm, because I certainly wasn't going to play through the same two combat mission types over and over to unlock everything when I was pretty sure they were going to be a let down.

More than anything, I'm just sad that I actually got my hopes up for this update more than the others. I don't expect this to be any kind of ground-breaking, incredible game, given what it is. I also understand that updates can take time and have never complained about how long it takes for them to release anything. I just wish that when they DID release things, they would at least spend a bit more time on making the biggest draw of the game (the story-driven sexual payoff) live up to at least their older works. The voice acting and foreplay scenes are actually really great, which is disheartening because at this point, it definitely seems like they would've been far better off just making a long movie or series with varied scenes for each character, and putting in more of that higher quality animation and voice work.

Anyway... hopefully this doesn't start another giant flame war. I'm just really saddened when something is so close to being great, only to continuously fall shorter and shorter of that ideal as time goes on.

Last edited:

Deleted member 324588

Engaged Member
Dec 9, 2017
I’d wager the prior ladies not having scenes is due to most of them being near max devotion and/or being related to mantics/waifus not recruited yet.

Another possibility is they’re saving stuff for the overhaul.

Sova’s scenes will obviously be a matter of taste, but the lack of a starting bj isn’t exactly new, every girl ain’t gonna start with the kama sutra. Remember she’s gonna have to be maxed like the other ladies, so there’s plenty more scenes to fill up.

Maleficus04

Oct 24, 2018
I’d wager the prior ladies not having scenes is due to most of them being near max devotion and/or being related to mantics/waifus not recruited yet.

Another possibility is they’re saving stuff for the overhaul.

Sova’s scenes will obviously be a matter of taste, but the lack of a starting bj isn’t exactly new, every girl ain’t gonna start with the kama sutra. Remember she’s gonna have to be maxed like the other ladies, so there’s plenty more scenes to fill up.
Fair enough on the point about taste and I totally get why they may not have added scenes for the others this time around. However, I don't think it's unreasonable to expect that if a girl says "if you help me, I'll suck your dick," that her recruitment mission will involve said reward.

I would say more about my desire to see more foreplay scenes given to each individual girl in general - especially when you first recruit them (blowjobs, thigh jobs, paizuri, etc.) - but that's just my opinion, so I won't say that's definitively "the right thing to do." And just to throw this out there in case it comes up - I own the game. So, I'm not complaining about something I didn't buy. I'm just tired of repeatedly being disappointed.

Reactions: Danlorn

NBV

Jun 26, 2017
I don't think that reasoning works in the slightest. There is already Jawz and a couple of other Mantics who have yet to get any scenes with the current girls. Why couldn't they release some more for the Mantics we already have in our ship? I fail to see the connection between the girls nearing max devotion status and their Mantic scenes as well, since they're two entirely separate things. We already have the ability to choose what we spend our PP points on, which means many will have a fair bit to spare. I already have over 10 legitimate PP points earned on Taron, while already having all her Pandora scenes unlocked. We have plenty of PP farmed points to spare in the current game.

Reactions: Cpt.SumTingWong

Deleted member 324588

Engaged Member
Dec 9, 2017
Fair enough on the point about taste and I totally get why they may not have added scenes for the others this time around. However, I don't think it's unreasonable to expect that if a girl says "if you help me, I'll suck your dick," that her recruitment mission will involve said reward.

I would say more about my desire to see more foreplay scenes given to each individual girl in general - especially when you first recruit them (blowjobs, thigh jobs, paizuri, etc.) - but that's just my opinion, so I won't say that's definitively "the right thing to do." And just to throw this out there in case it comes up - I own the game. So, I'm not complaining about something I didn't buy. I'm just tired of repeatedly being disappointed.
I understand, but do also keep in mind that its early access, things will change as it goes along. Remember that as they add all these scenes, they'll become available on fresh runs. so if you were to restart now, you'd see a majority of say Lily's scenes available for viewing.

So yeah the scenes'll likely be drip-fed as they develop, but once the game is at 1.0, you'll have a plate of a ton of scene variety available as soon as you get each girl.

2.90 star(s) 247 Votes