HardcoreCuddler

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Don’t think that’s a great example, given the first post is dated in 2017. Despite the years of Patreon income, they also tried a kickstarter earlier this year and didn’t even make half the goal from what I remember.

For consistency I’d probably put up NLT as a decent dev time-wise.
I don't see the relevancy of the first post date, same with the failed kickstarter. It's not as if people were going to pay on Patreon AND kickstarter
also, yea, compare NLT (which as far as I can tell from a search on F95, is just another crappy VN creator) to the WL devs...lol
not even in the same realm of complexity

Sasek

Aug 2, 2017
[v0.4.5]
I'm stuck at combat tutorial battle and I can't do anything in this point. Lily's ultimate is not raised. No E button for movement, no Q button for atack, Restarting the battle don't help. What I can do here? Nothing works...
132.jpg

Reactions: Jackpot_LiAng

GuT-Media

Jun 23, 2022
Interesting concept. (y)
Thanks for upload.
Little afraid of the data size, but I will give it a chance. I am attracted by the combination of the mechs.

vgbestly

Jul 11, 2017
is there a cheat/save file that I can get unlimited points/all scenes?

edit: I was horny enough to scroll through posts to find a guy sharing a save file at #6,892....works for me on 0.4.5 version

Last edited:

jailman

Feb 11, 2018
What's the "severity" setting in the gameplay option? Difficulty?
(nvm i'm an idiot, it's for the severity of color blindness)

Last edited:

GuT-Media

Jun 23, 2022
Someone a solution for this error?
LowLevelFatalError [File:Unknown] [Line: 3417]
Pak Decompression failed. PakFile: ../../../Subverse/Content/Paks/pakchunk0-WindowsNoEditor.pak. EntryOffset: 3073608294, EntrySize: 13060592, CompressionMethod:Zlib Output:00000173BB3F0000 ProcessedSize:65536 Buf:00000173B7B32AE0 Block.DecompressionRawSize:9586
Crash in runnable thread TaskGraphThreadBP 20
Makes game unplayable anymore. Error starts at Akt 2.

Purple_Heart

Oct 15, 2021
Someone a solution for this error?

Makes game unplayable anymore. Error starts at Akt 2.
That's a low level error causing a fatal error, you need to grind error levels to make error level high so it won't cause a fatal error.

Jokes aside, I can only guess either your download is corrupted or your hdd is dying. I'd just download the game again, in a different folder if I were you.

GuT-Media

Jun 23, 2022
you need to grind error levels to make error level high so it won't cause a fatal error.
:LOL: nice solution

Yes, think its a download prob.
Don't know if i reload 30GB or just go on and leave it unfinished.

SajuukKhar

Jul 12, 2017
I know this is an old post but I just can't stand such gibberish

Software used has nothing to do with the quality of animation, textures and to some extent lighting even (you can fuck up lighting in Blender too). The only reason some animations are better and some are worse is because different artists spend different amount of time working on single animations,some will do more animations but the quality of animation might be worse, some will put in more effort but this will result in less animations, obviously they make it for money and fans want content, so most favor simpler animations over complex ones to release more videos, they still deliver quality video due to high quality of models, textures, lighting but animations may be done simpler.
It literally does though. You can't make something as good as a Blender animation in Gmod because Gmod, and the source engine version it uses, doesn't have the same sort of tools as blender does since it was never made to do it.

Software absolutely has EVERYTHING to do with the quality of animation, because if software doesn't have X,Y, or Z, tool to do something, you wont have the same quality as if made in software that does. Obviously you can fuck up things in Blender(no one ever said otherwise so this whole comment is a strawman from the get go),, but Blender easily allows for much higher quality animations compared to SFM because it was made for it, and has tools to do it SFM doesn't.

Personally I don't like work of some of those Blender artists, a lot of of their animations are quite boring and simple indeed, but I never liked Studio FOWs animations that much either, they aren't bad and they do have a lot going on but quite often because it was done in SFM the animations seem rough, unfinished, most Blender artists have better control over animtion in it so theirs usually fees more fluid and realistic. Still there are some amazing guys that animate really well in both Blender and in SFM, some guys even manage to make SFM look good (rare but happens).

Textures can look good in SFM, it's down to models.

Blender is not a resource hog, it's a 3D package that does path tracing which is demanding and takes time, SFM is a game engine tool based on ancient video game engine, obviously it runs fast. Also Blender now has Eevee real time engine that far exceeds SFM's Source Engine capabilities and delivers high quality while taking a fraction of the time needed compared to Path tracing renderer.
this part of your posts just contradicts your first part
>software doesn't matter!
>but because other artists used blender which had all these extra control their videos look better
So software does matter?

I haven't posted here in a long time but this post was so dumb, and contradictory, it made me.

Reactions: d0ct0rd00m

professorx10

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2018
So I download all 5 gigs of Part one and RAR extract frog says there is an error and won't unpack so I use PK-Zip and I get the following error that it is missing the following file (and Missing volume : Subverse_0.4.5.part2.rar--which I understand)

Data error : Subverse 0.4.5\Subverse\Content\FMOD\Desktop\SidequestVO.bank

So What's the deal... Bad file? or just par for Part 1?

Razrback16

Jul 20, 2020
So I download all 5 gigs of Part one and RAR extract frog says there is an error and won't unpack so I use PK-Zip and I get the following error that it is missing the following file (and Missing volume : Subverse_0.4.5.part2.rar--which I understand)

Data error : Subverse 0.4.5\Subverse\Content\FMOD\Desktop\SidequestVO.bank

So What's the deal... Bad file? or just par for Part 1?
Not sure, but I'd say just hang in there another 1-2 weeks and there will likely be an update posted. When there is, download the torrent.

professorx10

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2018
Not sure, but I'd say just hang in there another 1-2 weeks and there will likely be an update posted. When there is, download the torrent.
Thanks for the reply,
I saw there was a torrent file on page 1 of this thread. and I did down load it. But maybe I'm a newbie at this, what the hell is the torrent file for? ...or do?
...and at 5 GIGS for the Part 1 (and 30 gigs for the whole thing) I'm not sure I want to wait/download this monster unless I know it will unpack and run. ...and no one else seems to have had a problem as i searched the thread for unpack issues??
I'd at least like to give it a try...

Razrback16

Jul 20, 2020
Thanks for the reply,
I saw there was a torrent file on page 1 of this thread. and I did down load it. But maybe I'm a newbie at this, what the hell is the torrent file for? ...or do?
...and at 5 GIGS for the Part 1 (and 30 gigs for the whole thing) I'm not sure I want to wait/download this monster unless I know it will unpack and run. ...and no one else seems to have had a problem as i searched the thread for unpack issues??
I'd at least like to give it a try...
Depends on who the torrent is from - most of the time they'll have some instructions and if it's pre-cracked like most are, you'd just decompress the game folder to wherever you want it installed and then launch subverse.exe but it's been a bit since I've done it.

A new version of Subverse with the latest content update is supposed to release on 7/25 so hopefully Lady Darkness will have an updated torrent released within 3-5 days of that and she will likely have instructions. If not just ask me then and I'll help you with it once I've given it a go, myself.

Reactions: thevideowatcher65

EngineofDeath

Feb 5, 2019
On July 25, 2022 where the second update for Sova will release. Can anyone create a repack for this game? This game is really big especially the 4k optionals and if removed, can save up to 9-11 GB of space (based on my Taron Update). Which leaves the game down to 21GB and if also highly compressed, might reach up to 14-17 GB (Using WinRAR Best option compression). A repack can really save a lot of bandwith.

Last edited:
2.90 star(s) 247 Votes