NBV

Jun 26, 2017
And you're just suggesting. Which is easy to do from the outside looking in. But they have the story scripted out already, so anything like additional scenes would require a devotion cap raise, and more dev time to go into scenes. So your path is unlikely to occur until a post 1.0 game, when they have a steadier flow of income.
I'm not suggesting. I'm saying it's easy to do and doesn't require new coding. It's a literal copy + paste job or changing the number to add more. You don't know what you're talking about.

If you're exclusively referring to the devotion thing, why can't we just keep having them "level up" that doesn't give combat points but continue giving PP? The point is that you're acting as though this is some impossible to change task, when it's not. What's worse is that you won't even allow people to even talk about these things within Subverse's own discord. You quickly chime in to shut them down and act as though you know more.

EDIT: There are people even in the Discord who dislike you for this behavior. Those who still enjoy the game in high regards simply don't like how often you act like a know it all. You're not a mod anymore and they never paid you to endlessly defend them to begin with. It's one thing to have a debatable opinion or argument, and it's another to do it when your usually 100% wrong on these game dev things.

NBV

Jun 26, 2017
So anyway, I completed Ela's main quest content. I'll give a small review of it later. Here's a quick save for people. It has most/all of the part 1 Sova update's missions completed and only the main quest to unlock Sova completed for the part 2 update. The rest of the missions are left open for you all the play with. All the girls have either 99 or around 80 PP points. Everyone but Sova has all her scenes unlocked, but you can use the 99 PP points to unlock the rest yourself. The new Mantic is unlocked too.

Dragon x Hunter

May 8, 2017
I think we really should review the product as a whole, now that I think about it, every update comes with good and bad stuff, even I bought the freaking game because I have hopes for it on the long run.

NBV

Jun 26, 2017
I bought the game and stuck with it because I want to hope it can improve in the long run. It was a massive disappointment at launch and has made some improvements in some areas, and some... not so improved additions in others. There will always be unreasonable people making useless comments. There will always be the ass kissers that take everything dished at them with a smile. What tends to turn reasonable people sour is the latter group being the one's who the moderators constantly side with, which means even reasonable and informed discussion on these subjects can easily get shut down and ignored. Subverse's feedback first gets curated by their mods, so a lot of it heavily depends on how unbiased a mod is about something. It's not hard to see how that can put people on edge.

Deleted member 324588

Engaged Member
Dec 9, 2017
I'm not suggesting. I'm saying it's easy to do and doesn't require new coding. It's a literal copy + paste job or changing the number to add more. You don't know what you're talking about.

If you're exclusively referring to the devotion thing, why can't we just keep having them "level up" that doesn't give combat points but continue giving PP? The point is that you're acting as though this is some impossible to change task, when it's not. What's worse is that you won't even allow people to even talk about these things within Subverse's own discord. You quickly chime in to shut them down and act as though you know more.

EDIT: There are people even in the Discord who dislike you for this behavior. Those who still enjoy the game in high regards simply don't like how often you act like a know it all. You're not a mod anymore and they never paid you to endlessly defend them to begin with. It's one thing to have a debatable opinion or argument, and it's another to do it when your usually 100% wrong on these game dev things.
"There are people" has about as much weight as "I have been told by a friend of a friend". If I ever went too far with a member, the mods would've shut the convo down or given me a warning. Neither has occurred in a very long time.

It is not a copy/paste job. And until someone actually experienced in UE4 steps up and shows otherwise, that endless back and forth will stop. And from what I remember in this very forum, people weren't exactly kind to the repeated scenes. Now suddenly ya'll would rather have that than wait for them to come later.

I don't shut anything down, I present reasons why its unlikely. I'd gladly be wrong and it meant we got more scenes, but I'd rather not get people's hopes up and expect 100 scenes with only 40 devotion levels, guaranteeing there'd be scenes still locked in the end. FOW has stated in the past that if you do everything, you can unlock everything, which implies there's an exact amount needed to provide every gal up to 40 and get their devotion quest. Adding more scenes means adding more planets, more combat scenarios to provide the points to earn that further PP. Which is more work and more time than they have planned.

As I said before, what are you asking for is unlikely to occur now. I did not say it is impossible, it just isn't right now. Right now they need to focus on completing what they already penned from beginning to end.

NBV

Jun 26, 2017
"There are people" has about as much weight as "I have been told by a friend of a friend". If I ever went too far with a member, the mods would've shut the convo down or given me a warning. Neither has occurred in a very long time.
Given the fact that you lost mod over going to far and mods have shut down past conversations with you in it, I'd say history is already there. Besides, like I said, they mods themselves tend to side with those who endlessly defend the game. Even reasonable users have been banned from their Discord server because a staff member didn't like how they talked about the game.

It is not a copy/paste job. And until someone actually experienced in UE4 steps up and shows otherwise, that endless back and forth will stop. And from what I remember in this very forum, people weren't exactly kind to the repeated scenes. Now suddenly ya'll would rather have that than wait for them to come later.
It is a copy and paste job for scenes involving Lily, Demi, and Kili. Why do you think it's different for UE4? What experience do you have with UE4 that makes you know better? What experience do you personally have with other 3D animation programs? You do know that most of these files are universal, right? You import Blender files into UE4 natively. Tell me how how more complicated it is to swap the models that share the same bones armature in UE4 for an animated scene.

And why are you acting as though us saying we'd rather have something over nothing is akin to hypocrisy?

I don't shut anything down, I present reasons why its unlikely. I'd gladly be wrong and
You do attempt to shut things down. You've it here and in the Discord. You toss out a guess and argue it as though it is a confirmed fact by the developers. You have never gladly been wrong. You have consistently been proven wrong or called out throughout the history of these threads and then refused to acknowledge them. You and the other guy have spoken about games like Honey Select, Koikatsu, or other subjects you personality had zero knowledge about and then simply moved on when people who either played or developed for them (modding) had to tell you otherwise.

it meant we got more scenes, but I'd rather not get people's hopes up and expect 100 scenes with only 40 devotion levels, guaranteeing there'd be scenes still locked in the end. FOW has stated in the past that if you do everything, you can unlock everything, which implies there's an exact amount needed to provide every gal up to 40 and get their devotion quest.
That's a hard guess at best. Them saying you would be able to unlock every scene just means they're going to make sure players won't be able to complete the game with content not unlockable. You have to be intentionally disingenuous to hold a stance that they meant there would only be an exact amount of PP points to align with each girl's maximum devotion quest level.

Adding more scenes means adding more planets, more combat scenarios to provide the points to earn that further PP. Which is more work and more time than they have planned.
You're kidding, right? Adding more ground and space combat is not a lot of work. The space combat is just them choosing different waves to spawn at you.

Last edited:

NBV

Jun 26, 2017
So do we know which girl will be in the next update?
We don't know anything yet. The ending of the current update shows the Huntress tailing us with a few allied ships. People think it will be her for that reason.

Reactions: Grozar

Gwedelino

Game Developer
Sep 4, 2017
I'm probably just gonna pass for this one, she's the least interesting girls to me.

Could be different if they added scenes for others characters in this update, but I guess I'm unlucky this time.

Lurker

Apr 30, 2017
Didn't expect much from the Sova-Update so the lack of scenes and generally content doesn't really surprise me.

However, the screeching of some people every single update is extremely annoying. Can't you just wait until 1.0 is released and then pass judgement?
Just to make a point from where I'm coming from: They "might" (pretty sure that's the devs-team train of thought right now, I wouldn't do it any different) just try and rush the introduction of every Subverse-girl and get through the story as quickly as possible, collecting first feedbacks along the way on which "gallery"-system works for the users and which doesn't (see the 3D-rotation-scene). That way they can focus on the lewd stuff and it's implementation at the end/before release. And even then they can update stuff, no big deal and it reduces repeated work-loadout.

I would assume it's something along those lines - It would at least make more sense than just assuming "devs lazy hurr durr", especially with comments where they are doomed if they copy/paste scenes and doomed if they don't. Calm down a bit. I get the frustration, really I do, but man the lot of you keep acting like spoiled little children.
Just hold your pitchforks in check until release because that's the product they are officially selling by then.

And no, I'm not defending anything - If that's what you got out of this you lack reading-comprehension. Maybe you should get away from Twitter for some time and get back to reality. You're insane.

Cheers!

Volgar1991

May 2, 2018

New Features

FOW Interactive's Subverse has updated to version 0.5.0! Continue your quest and recruit the newest waifu, Sova!

CONCLUSION OF THE SOVA ARC
Sova’s recruitment storyline comes to a conclusion on planet Teatakanya, as you partake in one winner-takes-all championship bout in the Teelee Fighting Championship.

NEW SOVA NSFW SCENES
New scenes have been added in Pandora for Sova containing a wide variety of fetishes, alongside a new foreplay video sequence that will play automatically as you progress through the story.

NEW NEBULA – YETI
All of the Yeti nebula is now accessible for exploration. We will be updating the planets and progression system in a later patch so please treat most of these as placeholders for now.

NEW UI ADDITIONS
More of the UI has been overhauled including a complete revamp of the Gallery UI, with interactive preview materials.

NEW EQUIPPABLES SYSTEM
We are trialing an equippable system for grid combat, which will hopefully add some flexibility when deploying waifus. Please let us know what you think and how we should improve upon it!

DEVA MODE FOR REST OF CREW
DEVA form should be unlocked for all previous waifus now (provided they reach level 20) along with some balance changes to the system.

NEW MANTICS - PERVEDILLO & LAMARSE
Two additional mantics have been added for players to discover and recruit to the team.

MORE MUSIC TRACKS
A few new songs have been added to Grid Combat gameplay.

Tweaks
  • Improvements to the lip flap system during dialogue sequences.
  • Updated Sova’s idle animation in the Locker Room onboard the Mary Celeste.
  • Added 3 new poses to the Gallery. Ela “Kloi Please”, Taron “Rawr” and Taron “Furball”.
  • Added explanation of Clear Input Cache under Settings/Controls tab. Primarily required between updates if there are issues with key-bindings.
  • Added character level visibility on the character selection screen during Grid/Space Combat.
  • Reduced the amount of asteroids in Huntress Fight 2 second phase.
  • Added wave data to random scenarios in Space Combat.
  • Added warning that player will embark on a long quest when starting a new waifu storyline. This currently is only applicable for Elaisha, Taron and Sova quest.
  • Added completion percentage counters to galaxy, nebulae and systems in Navigation. Note: This is a WIP and there are currently some inconsistencies with how they update. Some known areas are Doochi-Kabana, Tychedemus and systems where there are unknown missions or sidequest that have multiple encounters where the mission is unknown until the required one is completed.
  • Replaced previous controls prompt with help box in Navigation.
  • Sex scenes that take place during dialogue story sequences no longer play the idle pose before the sex scene. New sequence is foreplay cinematic then sex scene. Idle scene will display as before when replaying.
  • Redesigned gift icons for Fashionable Boots and Illegal Narcotics.
  • Added Socialite status effect/icon “Bitch Please”.
  • Texture memory optimization pass.

Bug Fixes
  • Fixed issue where exclamation marker was still visible after completing one section of a quest that spans more than one anomaly in Navigation.
  • Fixed issue with indicators not rendering in Space Combat when the larger ships spawned for the Scoundrel faction.
  • Fixed issue with Tibold’s ship in Grid Combat where there were broken active tiles.
  • Fixed issue where there was invisible blocking from lancer attacks.
  • Fixed issue where New Mantic tag missing for Equicox & Rekall when onboard the Mary Celeste.
  • Fixed some cinematics where no subtitles were rendering or displayed inconsistent text.
  • Fixed issue if character is talking while exiting the gifting screen, the voice can still be heard.
  • Fixed several issues with clipping on some PANDORA scenes.
  • Fixed several issues with lighting on some PANDORA scenes.
  • Fixed several issues with animations on some PANDORA scenes.
  • Fixed several issues with texture & post processing on some PANDORA scenes.
  • Fixed several issues with focus and framing on some PANDORA scenes.
  • Fixed several reported physics issues during dialogue sequences.
  • Fixed several inconsistencies with the text during dialogue sequences.

Known Issues (Does not include all issues)
  • Low texture resolution rendering for some users during dialogue sequences throughout the game.
  • Some users reported odd textures when loading Ela and Taron in PANDORA and Gallery.
  • Framerate drop can cause Mary Celeste to shoot out of the jump-gate in Navigation.
  • Bridge projector fails to update the color scheme throughout Mary Celeste consistently. This will be fixed in later builds once all nebulae are unlocked.
  • Physics on dangling pieces such as tentacles or hair (i.e. Huntress or Killi) may clip through the character's body or rapidly vibrate.
  • Yellow/White screen flashing artifact during space combat when using the FXAA aliasing method. Most likely due to the lens flare and or high bloom values.
  • On rare occasions, an unintentional song plays during some areas of the game.
  • On rare occasions, clicking the Help button in the dialogue section of the game can remove the help text but can't be re-enabled until restarting or starting a new scene.
  • Potential stuttering when playing back cinematics for some systems. Note there is an option to disable 4k videos from the graphics tab under settings. This has improved performance for some users.
  • Reports of performance issues on some Space Combat random scenario maps.
  • Animation in You’re Mine Now scene needs finalizing.
  • Replay icons and navigation icon concepts are a work in progress, inconsistencies are known.

Notes
  • Sova’s quest will resume the next time the navigation button is clicked. In the full release there won’t be a break to explore navigation.
  • Optimizations have been made that should help with low texture resolution during dialogue sequences. Please let us know if you have seen an improvement.
  • Currently equipables are associated with the completion of random scenario missions and waifu levels. If you have completed a mission that would have dropped an equipable, it will display in the locker room. Note: Once an equipable is acquired a short tutorial will play when you return to the Mary Celeste on how to equip them.

Reactions: mercykillme
2.90 star(s) 247 Votes