benisfug

Aug 18, 2018
Nah it was a firestorm cuz of FOW declaring the languages it would eventually have the game translated to. One was too nice to Taiwan and we all know that's a hot topic for China.

Also, and someone can surely find the dates, but I don't think we got the GoG version for a while til after this shitstorm
They made a joke about how since they couldn't see any traffic from China due to VPNs that all the requests for translations must be from Taiwan. Chinese review bombs were infamous around that time so odds are they knew what would happen. Now when people ask about the negative reviews suckups can deflect it all to the review bomb, even though places that didn't get review bombed like this thread and GOG also have negative to mixed reviews.

Deleted member 324588

Engaged Member
Dec 9, 2017
They made a joke about how since they couldn't see any traffic from China due to VPNs that all the requests for translations must be from Taiwan. Chinese review bombs were infamous around that time so odds are they knew what would happen. Now when people ask about the negative reviews suckups can deflect it all to the review bomb, even though places that didn't get review bombed like this thread and GOG also have negative to mixed reviews.
And most of those negative and mixed reviews are from people that greatly misunderstand what constitutes NTR, or just don't want to play a game to get to the smut. Which in that case, just watch a film :p

jscott313

Aug 24, 2021
How dare you bring such an accurate observation here.

Reactions: Razrback16

Deleted member 324588

Engaged Member
Dec 9, 2017
Actually the top GOG reviews are from backers who are upset about the state of the game they backed.
Aye. There were those turned off by the initial early access changes, going from that to a full game plan, then a compromised version of EA. Many also didn't read the dev diaries and just presumed they were getting Mass Effect XXX Edition. When it should never have been that expected from a small budget and a first time team (yes this is considered small by actual game dev standards).

benisfug

Aug 18, 2018
Aye. There were those turned off by the initial early access changes, going from that to a full game plan, then a compromised version of EA. Many also didn't read the dev diaries and just presumed they were getting Mass Effect XXX Edition. When it should never have been that expected from a small budget and a first time team (yes this is considered small by actual game dev standards).
Most of them are complaining about simple things like the cringe writing and repetitive combat. I'd like to see some of the reviews you're referencing.

Deleted member 324588

Engaged Member
Dec 9, 2017
Most of them are complaining about simple things like the cringe writing and repetitive combat. I'd like to see some of the reviews you're referencing.
The writing and by extension the comedy is always gonna be subjective, so that isn't much of a factor. If you couldn't tell the tone of the game from the first trailer, I don't know what to tell ya there.

And as for combat, that's been noted numerous times in various place, including the official discord. That is why they made efforts to vary up the story missions with unique approaches to them, as well as side quests. But I wouldn't expect that level of diversity to be applied to every single encounter.

benisfug

Aug 18, 2018
The writing and by extension the comedy is always gonna be subjective, so that isn't much of a factor. If you couldn't tell the tone of the game from the first trailer, I don't know what to tell ya there.

And as for combat, that's been noted numerous times in various place, including the official discord. That is why they made efforts to vary up the story missions with unique approaches to them, as well as side quests. But I wouldn't expect that level of diversity to be applied to every single encounter.
When these complaints have been going on for several years across multiple platforms from both people who backed the original kickstarter and new people there's a point where you can't keep sweeping them away with "it's subjective" and "they're working on it".

Deleted member 324588

Engaged Member
Dec 9, 2017
When these complaints have been going on for several years across multiple platforms from both people who backed the original kickstarter and new people there's a point where you can't keep sweeping them away with "it's subjective" and "they're working on it".
Yes...I can? Cuz the script isn't gonna stop not having humor, and the game is in development...so repeating the same thing when its already been said, read, and noted is kinda just a waste of time, no?

benisfug

Aug 18, 2018
Yes...I can? Cuz the script isn't gonna stop not having humor, and the game is in development...so repeating the same thing when its already been said, read, and noted is kinda just a waste of time, no?
So you've whittled it down from "negative reviews are just misinformed about NTR/don't want to play a real game", to "negative reviews are just setting their expectations too high for an early access indie game", to "negative reviews don't mean anything because of subjectivity", to "stop wasting your time replying to me". You got me, I can't really argue with that one.

Deleted member 324588

Engaged Member
Dec 9, 2017
So you've whittled it down from "negative reviews are just misinformed about NTR/don't want to play a real game", to "negative reviews are just setting their expectations too high for an early access indie game", to "negative reviews don't mean anything because of subjectivity", to "stop wasting your time replying to me". You got me, I can't really argue with that one.
I mean I'm replying for conversation's sake. But airing grievances here won't do anything because they ain't looking here for feedback. If everything you've said is there is in the reviews, its been read. So why repeat it?

2.90 star(s) 249 Votes