drwood

Jun 12, 2019
If they had an unlimited budget and all the time in the world, sure. But they don’t.

It’s very easy to look at it from the outside and be like ‘well they could just do ____’

I’d suggest downloading SFM or Blender, grab some models from SFMLab or Smutbase, and try making something yourself. Then try animation, then try designing cum and getting it to move properly (liquid physics are sooooooo fun).

Then multiply that effort by 400 (40 scenes per waifu in Pandora), accounting for various body types and positions, in addition to the eventually lengthier devotion scenes. And all the cinematic cutscenes on top of that.

I used to be like you. But then I got some perspective trying it myself. But these guys, as well as most of the creators on here, aren’t lazy.

Save that term for the ones that pump out asset flip games on Steam.
There literally is nothing with the same quality that subverse has and people will still find a way to bitch. I'm honestly surprised it updates as quick as it does because considering the quality and the nature of this part of the industry I'm surprised were not waiting 6 months between waifus.

Reactions: Drava

Deleted member 324588

Engaged Member
Dec 9, 2017
There literally is nothing with the same quality that subverse has and people will still find a way to bitch. I'm honestly surprised it updates as quick as it does because considering the quality and the nature of this part of the industry I'm surprised were not waiting 6 months between waifus.
The longest gap between updates was 7, which was the initial one that irked a lot of people. But once we heard why exactly it took so long (hiring new team members and getting them acquainted with the project, as well as their lead game developer taking paternity leave), that was pretty understandable. And since then everything's been hitting on a regular 3-4 month period.

And yeah there really isn't anything to this level, much like FOW's films back then were incomparable to what any other animator was doing at the time. People love to compare this to Wild Life, but that game's been looking nowhere near close to complete, despite pulling in 6 figures monthly via Patreon. They even had the gall to try a Kickstarter of their own (which failed to meet its goal).

Nerro

Sep 9, 2017
As far as I'm concerned, all of the sex is canon. Why? Because that's more fun. I don't really see them putting out a narrative context within which it's actually implausible that these sex scenes have occurred. If anything, they seem very much oriented around making them plausible and that's enough for me. I get bored by the idea that it's not canon, and I simply don't see how you can view it as being plausible that the Pandora scenes are all VR scenes, that's some real nonsense right there.
If all scenes were indeed canon, then all the self-insert harem lovers would be running away screaming. There is no way they would play a game where all your waifu get canonically monster fucked without you on a regular basis. I think there is a reason why we never get any references to any specific Pandora scenes during the story, that would be a clear indicator that all scenes are canon, but we never see that. Ive come to the conclusion that you essentielly pick and choose what scenes you want to be "real" by buying them, and the rest is hypothetical situations. To me, that sill makes all the scenes feel fake and empty.

The Lily in your playthrough could be a huge mantics fucking whore while the Lily in my playthrough could be solely devoted to me. The story and voice lines are the exact same. In that way, it all just feels ingenuine to me.

I did hear from staff that they might be planning a Pandora expansion. That should hopefully give more context and narrative to scenes, maybe even have scenes display at specific points in the story where they fit.

Deleted member 324588

Engaged Member
Dec 9, 2017
If all scenes were indeed canon, then all the self-insert harem lovers would be running away screaming. There is no way they would play a game where all your waifu get canonically monster fucked without you on a regular basis. I think there is a reason why we never get any references to any specific Pandora scenes during the story. You pick and choose what scenes you want to be "real" by buying them, and the rest is hypothetical situations. To me, that just make all the scenes feel fake and empty.

The Lily in your playthrough could be a huge mantics fucking whore while the Lily in my playthrough could be solely devoted to me. The story and voice lines are the exact same. In that way, it all just feels ingenuine to me.

I did hear from staff that they might be planning a Pandora expansion. That should hopefully give more context and narrative to scenes like I want to. Maybe even have scenes display at specific points in the story where they fit.
The problem is, they're not meant to self-insert. Games of that type generally have a silent or customizable protagonist. The Captain is his own full-fledged character. So unless you're a randy Australian that does numerous drugs on a regular basis (I don't doubt one exists xD), then this shouldn't be an issue.

While the ladies bone the mantics, there isn't love there. The mantics are directionless creatures without the Dominus collar wearers, so really you could consider them living sex toys. The deep conversations, the sharing of history and personal moments all go to the Captain.

Nerro

Sep 9, 2017
The problem is, they're not meant to self-insert. Games of that type generally have a silent or customizable protagonist. The Captain is his own full-fledged character. So unless you're a randy Australian that does numerous drugs on a regular basis (I don't doubt one exists xD), then this shouldn't be an issue.

While the ladies bone the mantics, there isn't love there. The mantics are directionless creatures without the Dominus collar wearers, so really you could consider them living sex toys. The deep conversations, the sharing of history and personal moments all go to the Captain.
I wholeheartedly agree with you. I personally do not see it as ntr and would like all scenes to be canon but the way no scenes are ever referenced or even suggested to have happened during the story just tells me that not all scenes are canon. Maybe all but the "bonding" and specific event scenes you could argue happened but the rest could just as well had been part of captains imagination/VR experience.

• Angry
Reactions: FacelessTrigger

Deleted member 324588

Engaged Member
Dec 9, 2017
I wholeheartedly agree with you. I personally do not see it as ntr and would like all scenes to be canon but the way no scenes are ever referenced or even suggested to have happened during the story just tells me that not all scenes are canon. Maybe all but the "bonding" and specific event scenes you could argue happened but the rest could just as well had been part of captains imagination/VR experience.
I get that, but I think trying to find a way to insert 400 scenes into the story would be difficult, as well as time consuming. Maybe this can be done post 1.0, but I don't see it as a likely possibility. And that's without the issue of certain VA's seemingly disappearing from the net (the Empress and the Huntress's VA's in particular, as well as Fortune's)

Nerro

Sep 9, 2017
And that's without the issue of certain VA's seemingly disappearing from the net (the Empress and the Huntress's VA's in particular, as well as Fortune's)
Shit for real these VA just dipped on FOW like that??

Razrback16

Jul 20, 2020
For those asking about the torrent, I had used the one in post 8101 without issue. Give that one a try.

ArtLink

Aug 9, 2017
Anyone have the new version scenes in video? Plz im don't want play this boring game again =(.

vexx_

Dec 1, 2019
since searching seems to be an impossible task…

Grabbed off the discord. Waifus are 30+ dev, mantics all around 20+

reminder to remove the underscores before plugging it into your saves.

And for the ones that actually want to play the content:

That’s everything prior to fortune.
Can you reupload your files good sir?

2.90 star(s) 250 Votes