Hajtand

Nov 5, 2017
They could have saved a lot of face, if they absolutely, had to have the ladies cuck the captain with different beast. By having another version you could choose to play, where they were monster girls instead. I'd only need a fraction of the animations too, as they wouldn't need, to make one for each girl with each beast. Just one where the captain has sex with them to create new "Mantids".

NBV

Jun 26, 2017
Well, Subverse was never intended to have actual NTR to begin with. It was going to have the girls fuck other characters and monsters throughout it, but not NTR. The whole NTR narrative came from a mix of memes, the staff's absolutely horrendous damage control, and a lot of new fans that wanted to label everything as NTR. This doesn't mean a scene can't feel NTR, but that's a whole other topic not worth talking about.

The thing that fucked them during the NTR controversy was their hard stance on keeping the girls either having polyamorous relationships with the Captain or them just being fucked buddies. The people who complained about the "NTR" were not going to ever be okay with unavoidable sharing. Fow took this weird approach of refusing to make it optional/avoidable content for some players the entire time, only to cave in the last minute, which resulted in monster sex fans getting the short end of the stick.

Reactions: 246

Danlorn

Game Developer
Dec 25, 2017
Well, Subverse was never intended to have actual NTR to begin with. It was going to have the girls fuck other characters and monsters throughout it, but not NTR. The whole NTR narrative came from a mix of memes, the staff's absolutely horrendous damage control, and a lot of new fans that wanted to label everything as NTR. This doesn't mean a scene can't feel NTR, but that's a whole other topic not worth talking about.

The thing that fucked them during the NTR controversy was their hard stance on keeping the girls either having polyamorous relationships with the Captain or them just being fucked buddies. The people who complained about the "NTR" were not going to ever be okay with unavoidable sharing. Fow took this weird approach of refusing to make it optional/avoidable content for some players the entire time, only to cave in the last minute, which resulted in monster sex fans getting the short end of the stick.
Since the game is still very far from the final version, I think there's a chance SFOW would make all this NTR-ish stuff avoidable if too many players ask about it nicely (and by "nicely" I mean bother them hard with this request :p). I mean how difficult for them it would be to add some sort of a button that appears at the beginning of the game and makes all bestiality/cuck content avoidable if player wants? I'd say it's worth trying to start asking them about it on their main discussion threads on steam and on their official forum...

Razrback16

Jul 20, 2020
Since the game is still very far from the final version, I think there's a chance SFOW would make all this NTR-ish stuff avoidable if too many players ask about it nicely (and by "nicely" I mean bother them hard with this request :p). I mean how difficult for them it would be to add some sort of a button that appears at the beginning of the game and makes all bestiality/cuck content avoidable if player wants? I'd say it's worth trying to start asking them about it on their main discussion threads on steam and on their official forum...
Yep. I did put up a very friendly & respectful post a while back in the main Steam feedback thread asking about this. I figure that's all we can do is be nice about it, and if they make the change I will buy the game to reward it, and if they don't, that's okay, too, I will just stick to the high seas copy as they don't owe me anything.

Zonic Squared

Jan 1, 2018
So I see folks talking about the game again and I think to myself, "Hey, maybe the gameplay isn't trash after a year of updates." Nope, still bungus.

At this point, I don't see the devs actually fixing it. All I wonder is if there's an updated cheat table and/or trainer.

The game isn't far away from being okay. The ground and space combat sections feel both under and over tuned at the same time. Units feel too weak in ground combat and battles are far too long. Space combat feels like they throw too much at you with a weak moveset (at least until you get Killi.)

They really could introduce more utility into the movesets for ground combat. Make tanks feel like tanks, make an actual healer, etc, etc. Space combat could try something like instead of a regenerating shield, have the dash absorb enemies when you dash through them and have that regen your shield. Decrease the amount of kamikazi bullshit they throw at you.

The devotion bullshit is also way too grindy as well. Game actually seems built for a trainer or cheat engine.

Speaking of which, where is one?

マッド

Jul 24, 2017
Not happening. FOW released monsters fucking girls since the beginning. :KEK:

So I see folks talking about the game again and I think to myself, "Hey, maybe the gameplay isn't trash after a year of updates." Nope, still bungus.

At this point, I don't see the devs actually fixing it. All I wonder is if there's an updated cheat table and/or trainer.

The game isn't far away from being okay. The ground and space combat sections feel both under and over tuned at the same time. Units feel too weak in ground combat and battles are far too long. Space combat feels like they throw too much at you with a weak moveset (at least until you get Killi.)

They really could introduce more utility into the movesets for ground combat. Make tanks feel like tanks, make an actual healer, etc, etc. Space combat could try something like instead of a regenerating shield, have the dash absorb enemies when you dash through them and have that regen your shield. Decrease the amount of kamikazi bullshit they throw at you.

The devotion bullshit is also way too grindy as well. Game actually seems built for a trainer or cheat engine.

Speaking of which, where is one?
You can just modify the values of the save file. The values work like a RPGM game.

Reactions: thevideowatcher65

Cpt.SumTingWong

Mar 23, 2018
I hope they improve the ground and space combat, after a few updates and dozens of missions it starts to get boring and repetitive.

Reactions: Enigmanic

GrandPaBrowning

Mar 7, 2021
Fantastic post. Yes, some people probably just pirate and never buy, but I've run into MANY MANY people on here who try a game, like it, and then jump on the developer's Patreon because they want more of it, or buy the game on Steam (or both). I am the same. Currently backing multiple games on Patreon and I will also buy those same games on Steam to support the dev.

F95 is a great platform for "test driving". Some games we like enough to buy and we do. Some maybe we like some aspects of the game but there are deal-breakers present that we refuse to buy it (my current spot with Subverse). And some we try and think they suck and are just glad we didn't waste our money.

Definitely a gray zone, with many areas people look at uniquely.
Exactly! As for Subverse - maybe when they will make it better and worth our money.

So I'll add to the list of potential upsides that: even if someone try and don't buy, it doesn't mean he won't buy it later! My favorite game here is Roundscape and oh boy it was a buggy mess in versions prior to 1.0, give or take. Not much content, crashes, janky mechanics, outshadowed into oblivion and beyond by LoQO. When I first played its version 0.6 getting from starting area anywhere was a challenge. And look at it now - its worth every penny.

Sometimes piracy let people try, give feedback to improve game and then buy it when it becomes better.

jscott313

Aug 24, 2021
Am I missing something here ?
Maybe?

pretty sure that you have to deliberately unlock the scenes that you want, what are people on about forced content or not being given the choice ?!
Probably need to let us know who you're responding to since you didn't quote anybody. In a general attempt to respond and help, I am under the impression that you're talking about the posts discussing the dialogue references to the mantic sex? If so those are indeed discussing the dialogue and database entries, not scenes in pandora. I don't think I've seen anyone here mention scenes not being optional, only pointing out that the dialogue and ship entries is going to reference the events and effectively makes them canon even though the player didn't choose to unlock anything in the pandora system related to mantic stuff.

For the record I agree with those saying it's a problem for them. I'd definitely buy the game on GOG if they ever adjusted those items.

Deleted member 324588

Engaged Member
Dec 9, 2017
Am I missing something here ? pretty sure that you have to deliberately unlock the scenes that you want, what are people on about forced content or not being given the choice ?!

Haters still unironically keeping this thread alive I see, and my favorite, if you like the game you must be a shill/paid by S-Fow :HideThePain:
Evidently a few lines of dialogue is enough to embed it in their minds forever.

Time out period was fun. Pretty clear the mods are very much getting tired of the back and forth. Think it’s all possible to chill til the next bit comes out?

Reactions: Arrocha and kasata

Enigmanic

Nov 4, 2019

Time out period was fun. Pretty clear the mods are very much getting tired of the back and forth. Think it’s all possible to chill til the next bit comes out?
Read the previous post, they summed it up perfectly. If you mention the 'optional' content then you make it canon which ruins the experience of the game for those who are against that content.

DaUn0wnn

Dec 1, 2019
Anyone else having issues with low-poly LOD models being shown during cutscenes? I'm on epic settings for everything.

kasata

Mar 28, 2017

lol this reminds me of Milfy City where a character mentions in like two lines of text that she had "2-3 boyfriends" before and everyone started crying NTR and that it's the end of days, so Icstor removed it from the game...so it's safe to continue ignoring these people then, good to know. :LOL:

Deleted member 324588

Engaged Member
Dec 9, 2017
lol this reminds me of Milfy City where a character mentions in like two lines of text that she had "2-3 boyfriends" before and everyone started crying NTR and that it's the end of days, so Icstor removed it from the game...so it's safe to continue ignoring these people then, good to know. :LOL:
Yeah…I made a summary of the plot a few pages back that contextualized things. Sexual freedom whilst rebelling against an empire obsessed with controlling the galaxy’s horny-ness. And the logic behind their argument just happens to not work both ways. So the captain (who isn’t a blank slate character that you’re not meant to insert yourself as) can have sex between 10 different gals, but the ladies themselves aren’t allowed that same freedom? That mindset is is what the puritan folks in the Empire would prefer.

Aeduaard

Jul 29, 2019
did anyone ever get a blurry texture on character?? I set my setting to epic but it still blurry even in dialogue it still blurry can someone tell me how to fix it????

2.90 star(s) 247 Votes