DashaTaran

Jul 24, 2018
I dont get it. the new content v0.18.8 button shows I can be Wilson's girlfriend but also can go to the store with Cody
btw I tried few time, I cant refuse to go to the business meeting with Riel

i already had sex with cody

Last edited:

kartolas

Apr 10, 2021
I got the Riel scene and end. At this point I don't know what's going on, I guess I'll wait till it ends and try again.

Thanks and good luck.

merlin7560

May 15, 2021
You've obviously tried installing one version over the top of another. Don't do that.
well, ..... it works 99.9% of the time, and redownloading it again and over ridding it has worked again, but sometimes this errors turns out to be the person making the game, so in the mean time I rinse and repeat to see if I can fix it, but hay at least I say I ran into an error and what I did and all, and re over ridding it fix's the error I ran into or not

Panonon

Game Developer
May 12, 2022
I know the creator uses Blender to create these images, but since I've seen other games use similar models are they using pre-existing resources then just posing them (and probably editing facial features/hair/etc)?
It doesn't seem like they're using 3d models though, plus that seems kind of pointless as a waste of time for flat images so I'm really curious what resources they use and how they use blender to do it. (I'm new to blender myself)

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
I know the creator uses Blender to create these images, but since I've seen other games use similar models are they using pre-existing resources then just posing them (and probably editing facial features/hair/etc)?
It doesn't seem like they're using 3d models though, plus that seems kind of pointless as a waste of time for flat images so I'm really curious what resources they use and how they use blender to do it. (I'm new to blender myself)
I would guess that Daz is more likely. It could be Blender, but that's much less common. I have no idea what you mean by "they're [not] using 3d models", of course they are. How could you think otherwise?

Speedfeed

Dec 19, 2020
Really like that so far you're not forced into anything. Hopefully it stays that way. And I love that there's a lesbian path. No junk in-between. No being forced to go through situations to get lesbian content. Not sure if there's going to be more lesbian paths or like a harem lesbian path but hopefully there will be. Just glad that there's at least one lesbian path option so far.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
One day someone will have to explain me why so many devs invent a whole translation system for their game, when Ren'Py already do this natively. Is it a masochist fetish or something like this ?

DKArthas

Nov 24, 2018
Hmm. I was really expecting Cody to be a harder Dom after that second scene, but i suppose you gotta start from small.

Udayana

Oct 19, 2021
Hmm. I was really expecting Cody to be a harder Dom after that second scene, but i suppose you gotta start from small.
Maybe she came to think that the stronger one can use his strength to protect the weaker one and that it's a more satisfying situation for both?

wulf_killer

Nov 27, 2018
Hello there. I'd like to play the game but any anyhow I try to run it just get down and give me traceback.txt

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "renpy/common/00start.rpy", line 208, in script call
call _gl_test
File "renpy/common/00gltest.rpy", line 387, in script
$ __gl_test()
call _gl_test
$ __gl_test()
File "renpy/common/00gltest.rpy", line 387, in <module>
$ __gl_test()
File "renpy/common/00gltest.rpy", line 317, in _m1_00gltest__gl_test
_gl_performance_test()
File "renpy/common/00gltest.rpy", line 342, in _gl_performance_test
ui.interact(suppress_underlay=True, suppress_overlay=True)
Exception: DirectSoundCreate8: No audio device found

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/bootstrap.py", line 326, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "renpy/main.py", line 617, in main
run(restart)
File "renpy/main.py", line 148, in run
renpy.execution.run_context(True)
File "renpy/execution.py", line 922, in run_context
context.run()
call _gl_test
$ __gl_test()
call _gl_test
$ __gl_test()
File "renpy/ast.py", line 923, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "renpy/python.py", line 2235, in py_exec_bytecode
exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
$ __gl_test()
_gl_performance_test()
File "renpy/ui.py", line 298, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3237, in interact
self.start()
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 2164, in start
renpy.audio.audio.init()
File "renpy/audio/audio.py", line 932, in init
renpysound.init(renpy.config.sound_sample_rate, 2, bufsize, False, renpy.config.equal_mono)
File "renpysound.pyx", line 390, in renpy.audio.renpysound.init
File "renpysound.pyx", line 98, in renpy.audio.renpysound.check_error

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.8.1895
Succubus Contract v0.18.8_Patreon
Sun Dec 25 13:26:02 2022

Mondprinzessin

Jan 2, 2022
Hello there. I'd like to play the game but any anyhow I try to run it just get down and give me traceback.txt

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
call _gl_test
$ __gl_test()
call _gl_test
$ __gl_test()
$ __gl_test()
_gl_performance_test()

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/bootstrap.py", line 326, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "renpy/main.py", line 617, in main
run(restart)
File "renpy/main.py", line 148, in run
renpy.execution.run_context(True)
File "renpy/execution.py", line 922, in run_context
context.run()
call _gl_test
$ __gl_test()
call _gl_test
$ __gl_test()
File "renpy/ast.py", line 923, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "renpy/python.py", line 2235, in py_exec_bytecode
exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
$ __gl_test()
_gl_performance_test()
File "renpy/ui.py", line 298, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3237, in interact
self.start()
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 2164, in start
renpy.audio.audio.init()
File "renpy/audio/audio.py", line 932, in init
renpysound.init(renpy.config.sound_sample_rate, 2, bufsize, False, renpy.config.equal_mono)
File "renpysound.pyx", line 390, in renpy.audio.renpysound.init
File "renpysound.pyx", line 98, in renpy.audio.renpysound.check_error

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.8.1895
Succubus Contract v0.18.8_Patreon
Sun Dec 25 13:26:02 2022
It seems like you are using a computer or a virtual machine without a sound cart/or it is not recognized by RenPy.

Mondprinzessin

Jan 2, 2022
One day someone will have to explain me why so many devs invent a whole translation system for their game, when Ren'Py already do this natively. Is it a masochist fetish or something like this ?
Features that aren't used by the customers are usually
a) not documented enough, or
b) too complicated to use
As for me I think Renpy's system is a bit unintuitive/not beginner friendly when the script of the game is still changing a lot. This unfortunately is the case in a work in progress title like this. But I think once it's complete, one can swap to Renpy's own system.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
As for me I think Renpy's system is a bit unintuitive/not beginner friendly when the script of the game is still changing a lot. This unfortunately is the case in a work in progress title like this. But I think once it's complete, one can swap to Renpy's own system.
This is the stupidest thing I've read this year, and you're in competition with near to a full year of stupid things I've read.

Translating with Ren'Py is a two step process:
  1. Click on a button that will generate the translation files, updating it if there's already one that exist ;
  2. Translate the text, that is still present as comment in the translation files.
The only constraint being to not delete the rpyc files.

Then, five lines added in the preference screen, or the main menu screen, and the player can select the language he want.

In all possible way this is easier and faster than the homemade system built for this game:
Python:
    [...]
    $ SceneText = getTextFromFile("languages/"+persistent.language+"/club1/club1.txt")

show pwr 1
    with slowdissolve
    $ linesToSay = getTextBlock(SceneText,1)
    d "[linesToSay[0]]"
    ra "[linesToSay[1]]"
    k "[linesToSay[2]]"
    show pwr 2
    with slowdissolve
    $ linesToSay = getTextBlock(SceneText,2)
    d "[linesToSay[0]]"
    k "[linesToSay[1]]"
    [...]

But well, it will be yet another abandoned game, and this will happen the day the dev will be tired by the blandness of the code writing, and obscurity implied by his translation method.

Mondprinzessin

Jan 2, 2022
This is the stupidest thing I've read this year, and you're in competition with near to a full year of stupid things I've read.

Translating with Ren'Py is a two step process:
  1. Click on a button that will generate the translation files, updating it if there's already one that exist ;
  2. Translate the text, that is still present as comment in the translation files.
The only constraint being to not delete the rpyc files.

Then, five lines added in the preference screen, or the main menu screen, and the player can select the language he want.

In all possible way this is easier and faster than the homemade system built for this game:
Python:
    [...]
    $ SceneText = getTextFromFile("languages/"+persistent.language+"/club1/club1.txt")

show pwr 1
    with slowdissolve
    $ linesToSay = getTextBlock(SceneText,1)
    d "[linesToSay[0]]"
    ra "[linesToSay[1]]"
    k "[linesToSay[2]]"
    show pwr 2
    with slowdissolve
    $ linesToSay = getTextBlock(SceneText,2)
    d "[linesToSay[0]]"
    k "[linesToSay[1]]"
    [...]

But well, it will be yet another abandoned game, and this will happen the day the dev will be tired by the blandness of the code writing, and obscurity implied by his translation method.
Hi,
I will not even comment on your first sentence. I hope you had some nice holidays.

You don't know if this system is more complicated to use, when you are missing the utilities for that system.

However, thanks for your quick introduction. Can you elaborate a bit? Is it possible to put the translated text back in the game script files, so a second developer who does not understand the game's original language can read the scripts and their logic in his own language?

Reactions: Stick4Luck

Brannon

Nov 2, 2017
Hi,
I will not even comment on your first sentence. I hope you had some nice holidays.

You don't know if this system is more complicated to use, when you are missing the utilities for that system.

However, thanks for your quick introduction. Can you elaborate a bit? Is it possible to put the translated text back in the game script files, so a second developer who does not understand the game's original language can read the scripts and their logic in his own language?
RenPy is stupidly easy.
That's the reason why there are many ... not-so-good games out using that platform.
Good graphics and horrible writing/story.
With a compared tiny bit of effort fully fledged artists can make a game without the need for actual programming experience.
That is the "selling point" of RenPy.

Meaning your claim for it being unintuitive/not beginner friendly IS the stupidest thing I heard this year as well.

Mondprinzessin

Jan 2, 2022
RenPy is stupidly easy.
That's the reason why there are many ... not-so-good games out using that platform.
Good graphics and horrible writing/story.
With a compared tiny bit of effort fully fledged artists can make a game without the need for actual programming experience.
That is the "selling point" of RenPy.

Meaning your claim for it being unintuitive/not beginner friendly IS the stupidest thing I heard this year as well.
Thanks for your opinion. We were talking about the translation system of Renpy though. I never claimed the Renpy engine itself is not beginner friendly.
I would suggest you read the Renpy documentation for translations from the POV of a Renpy beginner and then probably not even a native speaker and ask yourself:
Is everything clear and do sentences like "Be very careful when changing dialogue that has been translated.." really encourage the use of that system.
As for me I don't understand everything out of the box, but then again people are apparently agreeing on me being the stupidest person in 2022 anyway, lol.
Cheers

Brannon

Nov 2, 2017
Thanks for your opinion. We were talking about the translation system of Renpy though. I never claimed the Renpy engine itself is not beginner friendly.
I would suggest you read the Renpy documentation for translations from the POV of a Renpy beginner and then probably not even a native speaker and ask yourself:
Is everything clear and do sentences like "Be very careful when changing dialogue that has been translated.." really encourage the use of that system.
As for me I don't understand everything out of the box, but then again people are apparently agreeing on me being the stupidest person in 2022 anyway, lol.
Cheers
And rightfully so it seems.

My native language is not english and I can understand everything RenPy throws at me in terms of documentation.
That sentences are in there warning the reader that s/he can fuck up things if they are not careful is a good thing.
You'd rather have no warning to give you a protected feeling and are left to fuck up things?
I'd guarantee you would be the first to whine at how unfair RenPy is because it did not warn you.

For the record that specific warning is there because translated texts can have vastly longer character length and exceed the text box.

Reactions: botc76
3.80 star(s) 28 Votes