4.50 star(s) 16 Votes
Mar 22, 2023
Yeah I play 50 starting life
Playing YuGiOh at 2000 lifepoints and 8000 lifepoints is a completely different game. The meta changes completely. What cards are good, what strategies make sense, and so on and so forth.
Playing at 8000 and 16000 lifepoionts is the same deal.

You guys are warping the base game to ludicrous levels and changing gamebalance. At those high lifepoints the only girls that are useful are demonic squeezers

Reactions: Regnirbhsa

Gadriel

Dec 15, 2017
so which yugioh format is this game the closest to?
It isn't... really. It's far closer to Magic the Gathering then Yugioh.
You normal summon backrow cards that give you mana counters, then you spend these counters to special summon monsters and play spells and traps.
Currently the meta is dominated by Hungry Dragons, who special summon powerful beaters from the deck, and SoPS, an Exodia build that puts junk cards into the opponent's hand and then auto-wins when enough are there.
...My meta. I play on a higher starting life point then standard.

Oblivion9873

Jun 18, 2020
Playing YuGiOh at 2000 lifepoints and 8000 lifepoints is a completely different game. The meta changes completely. What cards are good, what strategies make sense, and so on and so forth.
Playing at 8000 and 16000 lifepoionts is the same deal.

You guys are warping the base game to ludicrous levels and changing gamebalance. At those high lifepoints the only girls that are useful are demonic squeezers
bruh based on this analogy the default setting is like the game is set for 4k, the anime number, and I'm playing at 8k, the actual IRL number

Reactions: bonedaddy130
Mar 22, 2023
"meta" this, "meta" that. i turn on invincible mode and the game ends when i nut.
Yeah. Guess we can't "discuss" the game then.
Cause everyone's playing at their own rulesets.

All the excitements of "is this new card good? How do you best use this new squeezer?"
All thrown in the trash since everyone's honestly playing a different game.

What's left to talk about? Just the ero? This game has no story or anything either so I feel like killing discussion on gameplay really ruins the fun of coming on here.

Reactions: bwebrwkerw

Gadriel

Dec 15, 2017
Yeah. Guess we can't "discuss" the game then.
Cause everyone's playing at their own rulesets.

All the excitements of "is this new card good? How do you best use this new squeezer?"
All thrown in the trash since everyone's honestly playing a different game.

What's left to talk about? Just the ero? This game has no story or anything either so I feel like killing discussion on gameplay really ruins the fun of coming on here.
Just clarify what health values you're working with. The two most common are 30 and 60.

Reactions: Jaws478

billybro

Mar 14, 2020
What decks has everyone found that the AI is decent at using? I've been letting it use Dragons because it's simple, but other decks like my selfish focused deck it doesn't use well. It seems to love to use the knock-off hypnophone on my squeezers, then unseal them or give them large breasts.

Gadriel

Dec 15, 2017
What decks has everyone found that the AI is decent at using? I've been letting it use Dragons because it's simple, but other decks like my selfish focused deck it doesn't use well. It seems to love to use the knock-off hypnophone on my squeezers, then unseal them or give them large breasts.
I made a decklist, it's in the mega link... and just updated because wow that's old. It's only got like half my decks!

firesoul10

Feb 9, 2020
idk, I think 50 is a good middle ground setting personally. Aggro can still win but so can most reasonable demon/altcon stuff.

But yeah- we can still definitely discuss game balance, just have to take plausible life totals into consideration. I'm sure plenty of SoWaD decklists really suffer if not played at 100 life, so would have to be altered to be played at less. That doesn't mean SoWaD is bad as a card or design. We just have to preface the effectiveness of a list with the context in which it was tested.

billybro

Mar 14, 2020
I find it hard to figure out what decks are good since the pool of decks I play against are heavily biased towards what I already think is good. For instance, I think minions are generally bad investments unless they're dragons being cheated out. Most of my decks avoid making any non-mirage minions and instead use squeezers and spells to control the board. Going by my experience iron succubus might be the best at 35 life. Is that true? Probably not, but I haven't managed to build a deck that goes wide with creatures that I like, so it might as well be true. It's hard to solve a meta in a box.

TheUnsaid

Game Developer
Dec 28, 2019
I find it hard to figure out what decks are good since the pool of decks I play against are heavily biased towards what I already think is good. For instance, I think minions are generally bad investments unless they're dragons being cheated out. Most of my decks avoid making any non-mirage minions and instead use squeezers and spells to control the board. Going by my experience iron succubus might be the best at 35 life. Is that true? Probably not, but I haven't managed to build a deck that goes wide with creatures that I like, so it might as well be true. It's hard to solve a meta in a box.
Guardians are super good what do you mean?
It's how you protect yourself against enemy attacks.

Iron and all demonic squeezers are better at high life. They all do 2 damage to you minimum. It's supposed to be their drawback.

2 damage(MINIMUM) means you die 2 times faster and kill the enemy 2 times faster.

If a game with normal squeezers would've lasted... let's say 10 turns letting the opponent draw 10 times, and giving them comeback opportunities, the same game with demonic squeezers would only last 5 turns. 2 damage minimum is a big fucking deal and the dev didn't balance it right while overusing it.

Unless you play at high health and cheat the game avoiding most systems by tanking all the damage, you'll realize that guardians are extremely useful in decks. In fact they're so useful, that loading up on spells is basically suicide. You have to sacrifice more spells during deckbuilding than guardians.

Oblivion9873

Jun 18, 2020
Guardians are super good what do you mean?
It's how you protect yourself against enemy attacks.

Iron and all demonic squeezers are better at high life. They all do 2 damage to you minimum. It's supposed to be their drawback.

2 damage(MINIMUM) means you die 2 times faster and kill the enemy 2 times faster.

If a game with normal squeezers would've lasted... let's say 10 turns letting the opponent draw 10 times, and giving them comeback opportunities, the same game with demonic squeezers would only last 5 turns. 2 damage minimum is a big fucking deal and the dev didn't balance it right while overusing it.

Unless you play at high health and cheat the game avoiding most systems by tanking all the damage, you'll realize that guardians are extremely useful in decks. In fact they're so useful, that loading up on spells is basically suicide. You have to sacrifice more spells during deckbuilding than guardians.
I always figured yugioh-esque ratios were the way to go. 12ish squeezers, 18ish guardians, rest spells

TheUnsaid

Game Developer
Dec 28, 2019
I always figured yugioh-esque ratios were the way to go. 12ish squeezers, 18ish guardians, rest spells
The squeezer balance is the hardest part since there's no equivalent in Yugioh.

I still remember how badly the first release of the game was balanced. It was a 30 card max and he only put in 3 squeezers in the default deck. Took very little time for players to realize the dev was on some gonja and do 6 squeezers minimum.

I think 12 is a bit too high though. 3 to 4 imagination is a great amount, so I personally think 10 squeezers is the best amount. Less if you use demonic squeezers. Well... it depends on your strategy at the end of the day.

Even in MtG, lands aren't the best comparison, with how squeezers force squeeze and other stuff fucking with their general balance.

Oblivion9873

Jun 18, 2020

I still remember how badly the first release of the game was balanced. It was a 30 card max and he only put in 3 squeezers in the default deck. Took very little time for players to realize the dev was on some gonja and do 6 squeezers minimum.

I think 12 is a bit too high though. 3 to 4 imagination is a great amount, so I personally think 10 squeezers is the best amount. Less if you use demonic squeezers. Well... it depends on your strategy at the end of the day.

Even in MtG, lands aren't the best comparison, with how squeezers force squeeze and other stuff fucking with their general balance.
Squeezer+guardian 3:1 spells is similar to a typical (oldschool) yugioh composition of monsters 2-3:1 spells+traps IMO

Oblivion9873

Jun 18, 2020

an yeah I think that it depends on what squeezers you're running. I think if you're doing a basic deck that just plays straight forward, like the AI would, with cheerleader, etc, running 12 works pretty well. If you're running more specific cards like wisdom or iron then yeah bringing it down to 10 makes a lot of sense.

4.50 star(s) 16 Votes