rb813

Aug 28, 2018
Are there any benefits to the different occupations you can choose at the beginning?

outsider artisan

Developer of Succubus Stories.
Game Developer
Jun 14, 2020
Are there any benefits to the different occupations you can choose at the beginning?
The only difference is your starting levels, and it's not a huge difference, so it can easily be overcome later in the game.

Reactions: rb813

czukky

Dec 15, 2020
man i cant believe i got stuck in the prologue lol.
tried opening a stand and i have to get a permission from a guy, tried seducing, bribing, giving some potions to him but he doesn't accept anything and he says the potions taste terrible.
what do i do?

outsider artisan

Game Developer
Jun 14, 2020
man i cant believe i got stuck in the prologue lol.
tried opening a stand and i have to get a permission from a guy, tried seducing, bribing, giving some potions to him but he doesn't accept anything and he says the potions taste terrible.
what do i do?
If all else fails, you should be able to keep trying giving him potions. More expensive potions and one's that have positive effects (e.g., Calming Balm) have a better chance of success. You can also grind alchemy until you unlock the Love Potion and give him that, but you shouldn't need to. Also, every time you fail, you gain points toward the charm social skill which makes the check easier, so you can also just spam cheap potions until you're successful.

I do have plans to smooth out some of this earlier content, as it doesn't really reflect the way the rest of the game plays.

KopNob

Aug 14, 2019
Will boot it up anyway, but any plans to have monsters, humanoid, feral, ancient, magic, summoned or whatever, in the game? (Assuming the tags are correct and there is nothing already ingame)

outsider artisan

Game Developer
Jun 14, 2020
Will boot it up anyway, but any plans to have monsters, humanoid, feral, ancient, magic, summoned or whatever, in the game? (Assuming the tags are correct and there is nothing already ingame)
There are no non-human characters (other than succubi, which look exactly like humans). For magic/summoned/whatever, you can create a homunculus copy of yourself and lewd it.

Feyne

Jun 26, 2017
When can i actually "Perform an Action" on random npcs? is it implemented yet or do i need to unlock a certain skill?

DR3M3R

Jul 7, 2021
I've probably messed up somewhere and did sth I was not supposed to and triggered some bug? cuz I'm getting tiaras almost every time I go back to the apartment but there's no new tiaras, just the 3 I already have. Kinda worried if this is gonna affect stuff later ? Like, I've had experiences in games where some action on my end triggered a bug that got saved repeatedly and ended up making that save file unusable..

Also, looking at the cosmetic thing, I wonder if the dev is thinking of focusing only on the 2d arts moving forward or will the 3d art get updated too? I personally prefer the 3d art in this game which is kinda weird I guess cuz I've always been a 2d > 3d person..

outsider artisan

Game Developer
Jun 14, 2020
I've probably messed up somewhere and did sth I was not supposed to and triggered some bug? cuz I'm getting tiaras almost every time I go back to the apartment but there's no new tiaras, just the 3 I already have. Kinda worried if this is gonna affect stuff later ? Like, I've had experiences in games where some action on my end triggered a bug that got saved repeatedly and ended up making that save file unusable..
This is a glitch with the game's scripting and is fixed in the patron edition already. The fix will come to the free edition in the next release. Save files are not affected, and you can't actually receive duplicate tiaras anyway, they're not handled like other items, they're like flags (either on or off) so getting one over and over doesn't hurt anything. Don't worry!

Also, looking at the cosmetic thing, I wonder if the dev is thinking of focusing only on the 2d arts moving forward or will the 3d art get updated too? I personally prefer the 3d art in this game which is kinda weird I guess cuz I've always been a 2d > 3d person..
I'm glad you like the 3d art! I will continue to support the 3d art set but not much more is to planned (in fact, the game is nearing completion overall). A few secondary characters still need portraits and those portraits will come to both art sets. Other than that, there won't be any more art in the 3d set. The 3d renders actually feature more artwork overall, there is unique art for romance partners, and a few sex acts have extra CGs (there's about 20 more CGs in the rendered set in total). The hand drawn art is planned to get unique romance partner CGs, but it'll still be behind in the total number of CGs.

What the 2d art will get, however, is the cosmetic outfits as mentioned. Outfits are purely cosmetic and will be patron-only, but only the 2d art set will get them.

HenryCameToSeeUs

Mar 14, 2018
Good Lord, the pace you're working at is something. Really enjoying how well-made and qualitative your project is turning out to be.

Say, would you consider a separate, one-time payment once you hit 1.0? I'd like to have a go at some of the extra features and show some support while I'm at it - just not particularly via Patreon.

Reactions: outsider artisan

PhazeUFO

Sep 28, 2021
This is a glitch with the game's scripting and is fixed in the patron edition already. The fix will come to the free edition in the next release. Save files are not affected, and you can't actually receive duplicate tiaras anyway, they're not handled like other items, they're like flags (either on or off) so getting one over and over doesn't hurt anything. Don't worry!

I'm glad you like the 3d art! I will continue to support the 3d art set but not much more is to planned (in fact, the game is nearing completion overall). A few secondary characters still need portraits and those portraits will come to both art sets. Other than that, there won't be any more art in the 3d set. The 3d renders actually feature more artwork overall, there is unique art for romance partners, and a few sex acts have extra CGs (there's about 20 more CGs in the rendered set in total). The hand drawn art is planned to get unique romance partner CGs, but it'll still be behind in the total number of CGs.

What the 2d art will get, however, is the cosmetic outfits as mentioned. Outfits are purely cosmetic and will be patron-only, but only the 2d art set will get them.
All I need is a smug image of her standing over a conquered woman for both futa and female, and a dominant woman/futa standing by her, like the male variants, and I'm good.:WeSmart:

Reactions: outsider artisan

outsider artisan

Game Developer
Jun 14, 2020
Good Lord, the pace you're working at is something. Really enjoying how well-made and qualitative your project is turning out to be.

Say, would you consider a separate, one-time payment once you hit 1.0? I'd like to have a go at some of the extra features and show some support while I'm at it - just not particularly via Patreon.
I'm actually struggling a lot with v0.13, so much so that I had to break it up into three mini-updates.

You can make a one-time payment via Itch.io, but this is just a tip jar, you don't get anything for contributing in this way (at least for right now). As far as offering an enhanced edition of the game for a one-time price, I don't have any plans to do that right now, but I'm not ruling it out. It's just very easy for me to deliver content via patreon for right now.

Reactions: HenryCameToSeeUs

DR3M3R

Jul 7, 2021
That's a relief ! I'm not a patreon (out of circumstance, not by choice unfortunately) but I'm glad it wasn't a serious bug. I was worried cuz I just have too may horror stories of game saves corrupting..

Yea! I guess the idea I have of "Crystal" ( My Tamar's nick name ) in my mind doesn't exactly match the 2d art's cute style? Well, its more the portraits that doesn't really match, The sex arts are actually really nice and I kinda prefer them over the 3d art in some instances but yea, I'm glad you're not going to remove the 3d art cuz I was kinda worried if they were like placeholders until you could get an artist on board.. I'm glad that wasn't the case!

About the outfits; So by purely cosmetic, you mean there's no like in game elements attached to each outfit right? Like for example, in some(most?) rpgm games wearing a specific outfit would get you different reactions from NPCs and stuff?

ALSO, You're doing a fantastic job with the game btw!

outsider artisan

Game Developer
Jun 14, 2020
That's a relief ! I'm not a patreon (out of circumstance, not by choice unfortunately) but I'm glad it wasn't a serious bug. I was worried cuz I just have too may horror stories of game saves corrupting..
Don't sweat it! The game is primarily a free game, so don't feel any pressure to become a patron. Obviously I appreciate my patrons, but I appreciate my free players, too!

You can/should create backups with the "Save to Disk" option occasionally, especially if you play in a browser offline or using the web version, since those versions use browser storage to store saved games. The saves themselves should be pretty bulletproof, though.

If you are on android, I highly recommend using JoiPlay because your mobile browser will delete your saved data at some point. There's a on how to set up the game via JoiPlay.

Yea! I guess the idea I have of "Crystal" ( My Tamar's nick name ) in my mind doesn't exactly match the 2d art's cute style? Well, its more the portraits that doesn't really match, The sex arts are actually really nice and I kinda prefer them over the 3d art in some instances but yea, I'm glad you're not going to remove the 3d art cuz I was kinda worried if they were like placeholders until you could get an artist on board.. I'm glad that wasn't the case!
I play the game a lot obviously as I'm developing it and I find myself switching back and forth. I do think the different art styles give the game a different "feel," it's kinda hard to describe. They both deserve to exist, though, so don't worry, I don't plan to remove the 3d artwork. In my next game, I will have a single art style though, as maintaining two is a lot of work and bloats the game's size by quite a lot.

About the outfits; So by purely cosmetic, you mean there's no like in game elements attached to each outfit right? Like for example, in some(most?) rpgm games wearing a specific outfit would get you different reactions from NPCs and stuff?
Yeah, NPCs will only react to nudity/hygiene, not to specific outfits, which I know will disappoint some people, but the game wasn't designed with outfits in mind. I do think maybe certain outfits, like the maid outfit, could come to the free edition and be unlockable as part of the maid academy portion of the story, but for now I'm going to keep them all patron exclusive.

I do plan to have outfits play a bigger role in my next game.

ALSO, You're doing a fantastic job with the game btw!
Thank you for the kind words! I'm glad you are enjoying it!

4.30 star(s) 16 Votes