RPGM Completed Succubus Tales Chapter 1: Nicci's Revenge [v1.0] [Senryu-Sensei]

2.60 star(s) 7 Votes

Fed

May 14, 2017
I think it's just a small bug but when I launch the version from the mega link in the upper right corner it says "Version 0.9a" when all the folders etc say v1.0.

Reactions: Aazkaal

Unknown Developer

Game Developer
Nov 4, 2017
Does anyone have a walkthrought for this? After the old woman became young, I skipped the dialog and I don't now what to do, I already talked with everybody, and clicked everywhere.

Azope

Jul 26, 2017
So You lost a lot of data for chapter 2 ?
By the way do you are alone for create the game ?

I have a litle qustion i try to improved my skill to rpg maker so i want ask you if i can use your base version to create a version 2 of the game for seen if i can improved the game or think like that i want use your game because

1 i love the game
2 i have some idea for improved the game
3 the game is end
4 the game is short

I ask you because i want to make this version puplic for have people say what i do good and what i do wrong.
If you Don't alow it i will just do it for myself and never make it puplic
If you alow it i will make patron link to your patreon and only make the link to the game in this thread or if you have other place you prefered i will do it in the place you prefered
For my V2 i will not payd you since i Don't have money
I will not promise i will do this v2 it juste a personal project
I Don't say my version will be better that yours
i Just change the RPG maker part i will not change the story or the graphique of the game
I will give you acces to V2 beford anyone else and if you decide to that is too somethink it will not reallasse but after it made puplic i Don't think i can stop some one of he reupload.
si i waiting for your anser or your question.

Azope

Jul 26, 2017
I just seen theresa

The not save for work is her succubu form ? if it the case i hope you will do some long terme slow transformation too like the mayor one

PS i will be realy hapy if you give the NSFW version here ;)

seyfer110

Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
I just seen theresa

The not save for work is her succubu form ? if it the case i hope you will do some long terme slow transformation too like the mayor one

PS i will be realy hapy if you give the NSFW version here ;)
It's a naked version of her;
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
And by the way, I'd like if you do your own game, instead of making a copy of mine.
One thing is what Nergal did with Urban Demons, since the game was clearly dead, bu mine is completed and not dead at all.

Last edited:

Azope

Jul 26, 2017
Thank for your anwer.
The whole point of my ask it i need a full story. Because i want to train me to gameplay creation.
The point is to create a constraint to the game creation by imposing myself a story and so adapte the gameplay to the story.
It a selftraininthink.
But i undertant that like all of us you have pride for your work so i wil not made a puplic version of my training now you say no.
I already start my own game but i notice i have no idea of how do it so i decide so ok i Don't know how do it so maybe instead i need to start with a easyer task : and i think oh i could only made gameplay part of the game but i notice that if so i need to have a full story and a story that work with rpg maker for that. So it like this i end up ask you. And for the puplic part it not realy need in reality i just need 3 or 4 guy that i sure of they skill to evaluaded my work and give me good critisme.

PS i should too make me a dead line since i think my worst enemi is probaly procrastination ;)

Last edited:

Re-4Andrew

Aug 4, 2017
And by the way, I'd like if you do your own game, instead of making a copy of mine.
One thing is what Nergal did with Urban Demons, since the game was clearly dead, bu mine is completed and not dead at all.
He didn't finish A Zombie's Life, all tho it seems to have been completed it was rushed so there are things missing! And I believe he is back after a disappearing act, so UD is back in development! Siren created Zombie's Retreat seems to be a copy of AZL. Not sure if Siren had a the game in mind before AZL or if SIren didn't like the way the game was developed and decided to make a similar game only better! But It looks like a direct copy of AZL.

Glad

Oct 10, 2017
The whole point of my ask it i need a full story. Because i want to train me to gameplay creation.
The point is to create a constraint to the game creation by imposing myself a story and so adapte the gameplay to the story.
If you want to learn something, this game will teach you more about what not to do. This is a VN, padded out by pointless use of RPGM engine. There is one mechanic, your waitress job. It offeres ZERO rewards. The rest of the game is walking around, looking for events that are almost never there and usually find you instead. The "darkness points" or whatever they are called are completely useless. This game would work ok on a Ren'Py engine, not RPGM.
Edit: Found gameplay! The labyrinth is a dick-move. More than one screen, so you can't solve it fast, instant game over if you fail. No autosave beforehand and in a game that doesn't encourage you to save, because no real fail states before that. Hours of progress lost. GJ! Thanks for wasting my time.

Last edited:

Azope

Jul 26, 2017
If you want to learn something, this game will teach you more about what not to do. This is a VN, padded out by pointless use of RPGM engine. There is one mechanic, your waitress job. It offeres ZERO rewards. The rest of the game is walking around, looking for events that are almost never there and usually find you instead. The "darkness points" or whatever they are called are completely useless. This game would work ok on a Ren'Py engine, not RPGM.
Edit: Found gameplay! The labyrinth is a dick-move. More than one screen, so you can't solve it fast, instant game over if you fail. No autosave beforehand and in a game that doesn't encourage you to save, because no real fail states before that. Hours of progress lost. GJ! Thanks for wasting my time.

;) I think you Don't understant what i wish do i want do: a gamer where i just have already the story and use what ever i want for the gamplay for exemple if this autor have give me the autorisation i would have change a lot of gamplay first i will make the darseef think usefull by made it use for buy item or supress it like i think do for the bargame ; i would probaly have the corruption change by make a mini gamr hapen beford where the mc have to pass all psycological deffend beford go o heart of soul of the character that is corrupt and make some quest to do beford by doing some quest think i probaly have the barman become a man that ask to the mc "Nicci today what would you do can i help? " "no i think i will go check x and do y " and will probaly make a mark to the house we need to go and add a quest log and create a suspiction système where they have GO if you Don't do quest dor low the supection or do not do well the corruption part and think like that so it even better that the game i upgrade have low gamplay it will be easyer for me to improved

but doest matter since i can't made it puplic i will think to other short game with full story and low gamplay

ps sory if i not realy clear English is not my natif language (that it french ) and it not first foregein language (i learn German since primary shool ) but i have only start learn English at high school but it already some years that i am not at school

Last edited:

seyfer110

Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
I stated Dozen of times that my game is based on Village of Nightmare, a game which had the same type of gameplay and that it was my first experience in creating a game, so I made it extra simple;
no need to be a dick if you don't like it, just pass over it on to the next thread. Thanks.

Last edited:

Azope

Jul 26, 2017
I stated Dozen of times that my game is based on Village of Nightmare, a game which had the same type of gameplay and that it was my first experience in creating a game, so I made it extra simple;
no need to be a dick if you don't like it, just pass over it on to the next thread. Thanks.
I agreed the story is great even with the lack of gameplay of course with good gamplay it can become the best corruption game ever made in rpgmaker but i have great hope that the chapter 2 will improved this part

Azope

Jul 26, 2017
I can add if you find the game faded but like the story instead of mourn about it you could help the autor by give good critisisme and a a faire one have to take incount of it the first game of the autor since i do one myslf i know it a hard task (and personaly i doubt i will made what i want with my own project) i Think now the chapter is end i should do a full rewiew of the game for help the autor i will do it soon i think

Glad

Oct 10, 2017
What does some other game have to do with your game?
Went and looked at VoN. You're confusing the gameplay with story. Latter might be similar, former isn't.

In VoN you walk around the village talk to people, some of the time advancing story. Walkthrough helps to lessen stumbling about. There is day and night cycle, time advances when you enter a building(which is the only similarity of gameplay between these two games), some events happen at night and you can advance time if you use the bed. The innkeeper hints on what you should do next and constantly prompts you to save.

In your game. You walk around the village, getting stock responses almost every time with no way to advance unless the game is ready for you to do so. Almost all of the events are scheduled in advance or meet you when you leave the tavern or you see someone out of place or during the waitress mini-game. The events happen very infrequently. There is no way to advance time other than entering houses where you hear same stock responses over and over and over again. The walkthrough is pointless, except for one point in the game. You just have to walk around aimlessly and waste time until an event happens. There is nothing to do or interact with. Waitress minigame rarely rewards you with anything but if you skip it you might get stuck. Bad gameplay, or more like almost no gameplay only railroaded events and walking/entering buildings simulator. Plus fetch quest mini game.

The key differences are that in VoN you never have nothing to do, might be hard to find some times, but you are actively advancing the story. It also doesn't have a pointless mini-game.

Also, this is not being a dick. Being a dick is pulling a "game over" event out of nowhere with no autosave or previous experience of choice and/or failure.

How to fix:
Option A. Be more like VoN. Give the steering wheel to the player. Corrupt A which unlock corrupting B and C, etc. Sprinkle minor events here and there. Might be a bit obnoxious without walkthrough, but better than it is now.
Option B. Don't be like VoN. Be more VN-like. Kill all the dead(aimless walking) parts. Every day something should happen. Doesn't have to be major. Kill the fetching/waitress mini-game or add some content to it so there is something EVERY night. Either scripted watressing every night with events popping up occasionally or limited number of interactions with select patrons every night to advance their corruption. Let's say every villager has a corruption scale from 0-10 or a relation meter, something you can raise by interacting with them. You have 3 actions every day and 3 every night. Each might be minor scene or a dialogue. Once you reach a certain threshold, let's say 3/6/9 or 5, you get a medium event. Once you reach 10 you turn them. Minor events can be anything: nipslips, excessive cleavage, bending over to pick up stuff. A list of villagers with current status and whether you should talk to them now or later would help and avoid the need for a walkthrough. GAMEPLAY! Labyrinth... either kill it or make it a branching point in a story. At the very least add autosaves.

You can draw, your dialogue doesn't give me aneurysms, so don't bring it down by shit gameplay.

The fact that it reached 1.0 version with 90 patrons donating $450 per month is kind of mindblowing. <-This is being a dick too.

Last edited:

baneini

Jun 28, 2017
This artstyle is something you'd expect to see in some Disney Elsa minigames.
Considering the humor is something no adult would enjoy I guess the dev used to work on childrens games.
nicci.png

seyfer110

Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
This artstyle is something you'd expect to see in some Disney Elsa minigames.
Considering the humor is something no adult would enjoy I guess the dev used to work on childrens games.
View attachment 206674
Simply put, I started drawing 3 month before releasing the first version of the game...
You can check out this thread
and see how my art is right now.

baneini

Jun 28, 2017
Simply put, I started drawing 3 month before releasing the first version of the game...
Seems implausible.
and see how my art is right now.
The uncanny comes from uniform line strength, features you'd expect to have black lines to define them being color only, and lack detail on the skin and clothing which gives it that cheap flash game look.
I guess the line strength is an issue for artists who aren't used to using tablet to draw digitally.

seyfer110

Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
Seems implausible.
At highschool I studied as graphic designer, so I had some basic notion on how to use a drawing software, but zero experience on how to draw characters or how to use a drawing tablet.

Re-4Andrew

Aug 4, 2017
At highschool I studied as graphic designer, so I had some basic notion on how to use a drawing software, but zero experience on how to draw characters or how to use a drawing tablet.
I would just ignore him (or her) one of the members that goes around bashing people. There's no problem with criticizing a game but he'll go on and on. The art is better then most of the games on here, at least there is art with the game. It could use refining but I'm going to play the game regardless!

Reactions: yoyomistro

Azope

Jul 26, 2017
Yes seyfer stop this discution it usless.
More imporlantly any hope of have the next update ( a least the patron one ) before 2019? or will it be at january or later ?

2.60 star(s) 7 Votes