3.40 star(s) 5 Votes

alltimelow

Apr 25, 2019

My hand is covered in bandages and ointments and I can't strain it for at least 5-7 days if I want it to heal, otherwise it hurts like hell and my fingers don't work like they should.

I guess it's karmic justice - I delayed everything for so long and now that I'm within an inch of making a big release, I physically can't finish it.

So what happens now?

Release will happen next Monday, by that time my hand should be fully(or sufficiently) healed. And I'll spend the rest of the week resting and doing easy work for a few hours per day, so that the hand is not strained.

Next Monday release happens no matter what, and if it's still unfinished and my hand is not healed, I'll be forced to look for some external help with image editing. Then we'll update the release later in September.

At least next Monday is still August, so the Final Delay(what a joke, eh?) post will be partially correct.

Final Final Release Dates:
August 29(Monday) - Tier 3 & 4
August 31 - Tier 2
September 3 - Tier 1(public)

There might be no posts until weekend probably, so until then.

And remember, if you want hand injury to heal, you shouldn't spend 16 hours per day clicking mouse buttons.

kingdoofy

Jul 27, 2017
A familiar lesson in hubris and possibly procrastination for many, I'm sure. Health and opportunity are not a given.
I am a game developer and studied artist myself and had problems with tendonitis and with my wrist in general multiple times. never once i missed a deadline for that. i just worked with the other hand and always got it finished without any problems. you can if you want. but if he doesnt want to, because he feels like he doenst owe anyone anything, thats his business

Reactions: voltairepop
Jun 24, 2017

I should've made this poll on Wednesday or Friday, but I was too upset by my injury and other things, and I just didn't think about it.
But now that I've calmed down and had a sober assessment of the current state of the release - one thing became very clear.
I'll have to cut a bunch of corners if I want to release this tomorrow.
Right now it's certain that the pool mini-game will not be accessible, as well as a few events around the bar and the restaurant, plus one public event that needs reworking.
My hand is not fully healed, but I can work at a reasonable tempo, so it's possible to fix all the issues without taking more than two weeks of extra time(one week or less if it heals quickly)
But it's been a very long time since last release.
So, as usual(and as I should've done earlier), I'll leave the final decision up to you.
Should I compromise and cut some corners because we waited for so damn long for this update, then iron everything out in the update after 0.6?
Or should I work on it until there's no corners to cut?
This poll will last for about 25 hours. Until then.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Can someone please create a Patreon account and vote for the release to happen? It's been too damn long

theraphosa

Sep 10, 2020
"And the poll ended with the option to wait until all those things are done, and then release it being the winner."

who would have thought... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Gorond

escape2020

Feb 18, 2019
this guy really laughs at his supporters. As a dev, I have had tendinitis several times in the hand that I carry best, but out of responsibility, and when I have to deliver something, I work with the hand that is healthy.

Reactions: kingdoofy

kingdoofy

Jul 27, 2017
this guy really laughs at his supporters. As a dev, I have had tendinitis several times in the hand that I carry best, but out of responsibility, and when I have to deliver something, I work with the hand that is healthy.
This is the spirit of a creative mind! Cheers

truesatan

Jan 8, 2017
He always pauses the pledges. so it might be that he is not the fastes, but he is not "milking" his supporters.
let's see if he can finish something until x-mas, if not i am out. supported the project long enough then.

Valcry

May 16, 2017
so the current version is unplayable right? after like 15 min of linear story, there is a shadow character blocking the door. this is after only 2 dreams! I was a patreon up until he started '2'. I thought there was way more potential in 1 that just was not even attempted.

truesatan

Jan 8, 2017
Well this is because the devs remakes graphics and such. Since month and well looking at my patreon posts
it might be still month until we get a new version with the old content but new graphics ;)
and succ 1 took the dev long enough as well.
so we sit an wait and hope for the best and a release on xmas haha

Reactions: Valcry and Fatneck

alltimelow

Apr 25, 2019
so the current version is unplayable right? after like 15 min of linear story, there is a shadow character blocking the door. this is after only 2 dreams! I was a patreon up until he started '2'. I thought there was way more potential in 1 that just was not even attempted.

Just a quick update since there isn't much news right now.
The work still continues, updates on the release, along with release dates will be posted between Thursday and Saturday.
Also there might be one last poll jammed in there as well, depending on how one small addition to the game turns out.
Until next post.
Cheers.

there you go mate, thursday and saturday on 2030

Cherubin25

Nov 7, 2020
So, to get this right - currently you only have the beginning up until after the introduction party. And the rest will be available soonish?

Or is there any way to get the old content with old graphics?

Reactions: voltairepop

Jan 23, 2022
It's a habit for me to see it every few days, and every time I get to the agreed release date, it's postponed for various reasons, and although I'm not sponsoring it, it's really bad to be pigeon-pigeons every time

Reactions: BrightVerne
3.40 star(s) 5 Votes