3.40 star(s) 5 Votes
Feb 9, 2018
At this point, I'm more curious what excuse he will have this time xD

"Unfortunately the stress was too much and I have to postpone the release because I'm sick now"
To be fair the only things left from the list are the level up bonuses and half an event, at the rate he was working there's time to finish those things and some extra space for thos problems or look for bugs
(not like the previous 2 relase dates that were just dumb)

Nameless202

Mar 2, 2021
At this point, I'm more curious what excuse he will have this time xD

"Unfortunately the stress was too much and I have to postpone the release because I'm sick now"

bruh LOL

really i cant wait another "hiccup" who knows maybe he really "cook" smthng

joedohn

Jan 7, 2020

Long rant ahead. It should've been posted yesterday, but the subject is kinda embarrassing, so it's difficult to put into words.
Still, here goes.
It's time to discuss some development problems that keep happening in the background.
Not with the game itself, but with me(or my head).
Because there is a pattern. It goes like this:
Every time the release date gets close - I get anxious. The more anxious I get, the more critical I become of things that I've done.
Eventually it reaches a point when I start removing events and features that are "not good enough".
With 0.65 release it happened twice already... And it happened again.
For the past three days I barely slept, barely did any work, and chopped off a big chunk from the update because the "CG is some events is ugly", or "the dialogue is bad and needs to be rewritten", etc.
And then the familar thought started repeating in my head: "Well, the update is obviously not good enough to release it. What if I stall it for one more month...?"
Maybe it was obvious from the outsider's perspective that I was going through this, but it only clicked for me yesterday that something's fundamentally wrong with my approach.
Like, it's been 5 months since the last update... Enough is enough.
Whatever the reason is for my anxiety, it doesn't matter that much.
It's obvious that this behaviour is extremely counterproductive and it needs to be dealt with immediately.
So I'll deal with it in an old-fashioned way: The shock therapy.
What will happen next on this page is this:
On Sunday, the release will drop ]:
It will be called "The Foundation Release". All events, features and systems in it will be set in stone.
With this release, Succulence 2 rework will be officially completed, and no more reworks of any "core elements" or "new innovative ways to show pictures on screen" will take place. Essentialy it will be a fixed, polished version of 0.63.
[Why on Sunday though?] All this madness has left me very exhausted, and I will spend today resting(sleeping), and on Friday and Saturday I'll re-assemble the update, because right now it's a chopped up mess.
Then, in exactly 4 weeks, the May update will release. It will build events based on features presented in the Foundation, and expand events that are already there.
May Release will contain:
- At least 5 New unique events
- At least 2 variations for each unique event(so 10 events minimum)
- Summer Special preparations
And if I fail to deliver the Sunday Foundation Release OR the May Release, I will release the "source material" for Succulence 2, and either move on to some other project, or close down the page.
So there you go, now that I've backed myself into a corner, I can't back down.
Time to put my money where my mouth is, as they say.
Sorry for making you read this embarrassing post, but it needs to be done, so that there's a chance that this game will eventually get completed.
I'll see you on Sunday.

Feb 9, 2018
"Eventually it reaches a point when I start removing events and features that are "not good enough" "

Meanwhile in the latest playable version has almost no content since most is disabled

Reactions: dalexe

joedohn

Jan 7, 2020

Hello.
I went offline for two days to cool off, and now that I've calmed down, I can reasonably assess the situation with a sober mind.
It was too hot-headed of me to threaten to abandon the page. I still have some dev-juice left in me, so I'll continue to hammer away at the game, at my own pace.
Honestly, with a community like this it would be pretty irresponsible to just give up. After all, we hit 400 subscribers for some reason, even though there hasn't been a 2023 release yet.
I guess you won't let me get away that easily, heh.
So thank you for your support, and let's continue the development for a bit longer.
- Rnest

With all that said, I've decided to pause the pledges for April as well.
I will proceed with the "May Release Schedule", and once it's done, there will be an actual release in May.
It will conclude the rework, and will feature lots and lots of bugs and events that are half-thought through, so look forward to it.
My stubborness is not easily defeated either, after all.(though I'm working on it)
I know at this point any release date announcement from me is pointless, but you can definitely expect a release in May. Because the dev might go hungry otherwise :p
Seriously though,
Thanks for all the comments and messages, they really do mean a lot.
See you on Monday, we'll have a feedback post about some in-game things.
Until then.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

15339104_web1_etoon1-july12.png

Last edited:

joedohn

Jan 7, 2020
Scrolling through the thread and just realised that he is reworking this game for over 3 years now.
Jokes on us, he hasn't even started with the "game" part of the game :KEK:

yea... i was at the $10 tier for the last release because i was hoping that the reward of "Access to folder with full sized images from the games, with extras." would atleast contain WIP/unreleased/cut content, but it wasnt any different than the normal game folder, and even excluded images from the releases pre rework. He can post as many messages on patreon about "CG rework complete, this content complete, that content complete" until hes blue in the face, but its been over a year with very little actually released, and no way to confirm that any of what he claims is actually done.

i would call this a scam if he didnt constantly pause pledges, i legit just wanted to toss ~$30 to the guy for the first game, but i stayed subbed because he pauses so often its hard to give him money.

ah well, if there isnt anything to go on once the next release drops, ill be out aswell

Reactions: campfap

madyo

Sep 12, 2019
Scrolling through the thread and just realised that he is reworking this game for over 3 years now.

Quotes from 2020:

damn thats old comment of me getting excited for the completed game, now getting im getting tired of waiting
and maybe try making my own game

• Red Heart
Reactions: campfap

truesatan

Jan 8, 2017

Quotes from 2020:

can I edit it to 2024 to 2025 or something? :D
Well hopes are stil high we get a new version soon (errr l8er?!?)

LexiTV

Jan 24, 2018
This guy is very talented and he has skills... but he has a crucial flaw.
Somewhere in his mind he got this disease where he is forced to deliver "perfect games".
The usual process is creating a semi stable build and then building content... once you got all the content you need you refine it, change it, edit it.
This guy keeps on changing and rethinking shit. For years he runs in circles trying to get everything "perfect" from the getgo. As a result we have a nice early game with absolutely no content at all.
If he would just go with his gut and actually develop his game before trying to perfect it from the getgo he would have already finished his game. Might not be "perfect" but it would be way more productive.

I wonder if he really quits if he fails the may update...

Reactions: nathe

Zellgoddess

May 11, 2017
I really dont get why so many have issue with the rework. The newer way the game is done leaves a lot more possibilities for him to make his game. If this was anyone other then one of the better game devs here, I could understand the issue. But its Rnest so go do somin else check back when you can, leb tha man be to make his masterpiece, its guaranteed not to be a POS like 90% of other games. I say this cuase if you want mediocre there are lots of those games here to enjoy, I personally cant wait for a faptastic masterpiece. It's been a while since there has been one.

• Angry
Reactions: Lord Kentus
3.40 star(s) 5 Votes