All Natural Games

Game Developer
Oct 21, 2021
Hi guys,
I just want to say that I hear you.
I'm just starting in this universe, so I'm not an expert on people's taste on adult VN and I don't read another game's threads, so I wasn't aware that scenes like April's flashback could have this kind of reactions.
I won't change my vision of how the game should be, as I know that lot of people is enjoying the game as it is, but in future I will give the option to skip this kind of scenes. I mean, there will be the 'darker' option, and also another path just to stick to the 'happy harem' kind of game.
I'm working on the beach scene with Irina and Ashley, so as soon as I can I will release a new update with this new scene and the option of skipping April's flashback

Tiur

Nov 13, 2021
If it's the game you want to write, write it that way. But also be honest that that's what you want, if it is what you want. It doesn't even have to be a 'happy harem' right away, I liked the idea of helping the girls heal and recover from their various traumas, but almost no one who wants a harem will ever want to be slapped in the face with watching one of the first LIs get raped (non-consensual sexual contact *is* rape, whether there's PIV or not).

On top of that, it's important for new AVN writers to understand that if you are letting people choose the name of the MC, and if the viewpoint is primarily first person, a majority of players are going to identify with the MC, and immerse in the MC's position. So if you are showing things on-screen, you should think about what they would feel like *to the MC* (or someone identifying/immersing with him). If you wouldn't want to see someone you're romantically or sexually interested in getting raped, neither will these people (since they're immersing/identifying with the MC who is romantically or sexually interested in the girls). Of people who don't immerse/identify with the MC, they're going to be more mixed in their reactions, but even among those people, I suspect a majority aren't going to like seeing the girl raped, either.

Generally, for pretty much all non-vanilla content, you should always consider what it is going to feel like to be blindsided by it.

ETA: One thing I should add. Thank you for being open to criticism, and listening to our concerns, even if we haven't all been... super diplomatic about it, heh. (And I'm no exception there.)

Last edited:

HHTG

Jul 17, 2017
Was waiting to see what the dev was going to say about this since it has been several days and the dev was coming here every day so I knew that he was reading what people were saying, I was just waiting to see his position. Now I can finally put the game on ignore since what the dev wants is clearly different than what people thought it was. Good Luck anyway.

Ciccio92

Jul 13, 2020
Hi guys,
I'm just starting in this universe, so I'm not an expert on people's taste on adult VN and I don't read another game's threads, so I wasn't aware that scenes like April's flashback could have this kind of reactions.
I won't change my vision of how the game should be, as I know that lot of people is enjoying the game as it is, but in future I will give the option to skip this kind of scenes. I mean, there will be the 'darker' option, and also another path just to stick to the 'happy harem' kind of game.
I'm working on the beach scene with Irina and Ashley, so as soon as I can I will release a new update with this new scene and the option of skipping April's flashback
i think you should do the novel as you want, don't listen to someone that complain about it, the game is yours do what you believe is the best for the story

Yngling

Nov 15, 2020
in future I will give the option to skip this kind of scenes. I mean, there will be the 'darker' option, and also another path just to stick to the 'happy harem' kind of game.
Perhaps, an option should be just the girl telling her story to the MC, without visuals.

This would also be more like a real psychologist interacts with his patients.

BurnerGuy

Aug 27, 2018
Hi guys,
Just a word of advice: any time you introduce another dick, you're going to get some serious negative reaction on here. It doesn't matter if it's a flashback, voyeurism, NTR, sharing, whatever. It's just a big turnoff for a lot of players. Plenty of players don't care, and some are into it, but the ones that aren't are going to lose interest immediately. Some will flip out and complain that it's "NTR" even if it isn't, and they're always the loudest.

Personally, I avoid games with another dick involved, but if that's your thing then make the game you want to make. Just make sure the players know beforehand so they don't play the game and get blindsided by it.

Kalléo

Aug 8, 2018
Perhaps, an option should be just the girl telling her story to the MC, without visuals.

This would also be more like a real psychologist interacts with his patients.
What does a Flashback accomplish? Why even show the player what happened "In the past" if the MC wasn't there to witness it? I see a lot of devs do this to cater the opposite crowd of what you're trying to do and wonder why people got pissed that they expected something and got the complete opposite. It's already dark enough with these girls undergoing mental trauma at this young age, So until another Li pulls a sex tape out her ass of her grandad's dachshund raping her in her sleep while he jerks off in a corner, I'll wait this one out.

Tiur

Nov 13, 2021
It's the MC's job to listen to the issues the girls have.
Some of the girls are bound to have had negative experiences with sex.
Which is a good opportunity for our MC to replace the negative experiences with positive ones. ;)
I don't think anyone's objected to the events having happened. I think the question is, what does specifically seeing the scenes of the flashback accomplish?

People have histories. It's unreasonable to demand that everyone in a VN is a fresh, untouched virgin. But there aren't a lot of reasons for us to have to watch it happening beyond trying to make the player jealous or uncomfortable.

Yngling

Nov 15, 2020
But there aren't a lot of reasons for us to have to watch it happening beyond trying to make the player jealous or uncomfortable.
Which is why I suggested: "Perhaps, an option should be just the girl telling her story to the MC, without visuals."

hatefuldisplay

May 22, 2020
I was going to drop this one for different reasons than I am seeing floating around. I just thought the MC was an absolute cunt. Glad to see him toned down a bit on what seemed like a shit personality to me.

I like the renders a great deal and find some of the girls quite appealing. Bring on the slow burn with scenes like the massaging of the injury and you'll keep me waiting for more.

As far as the flashback, yeah. It could have been a bit lighter or shown less. Still, I guess it didn't really go to far and the young guy was a quick shot. Not a lot of bother to me either way and it led to some back story. All in all, I can deal with it.

I'm looking forward to seeing where the beach scene goes and hoping the MC gets to assist with the punishment.

Reactions: pgm_01 and Yngling

JoeTheMC84

Dec 1, 2021
... I wasn't aware that scenes like April's flashback could have this kind of reactions...
I highlighted this part because in all fairness you should have been aware that this scene would cause negative reactions. I posted on this thread that flashbacks would be seen negatively. I let you know that such a scene would create negative feelings in many people who were supporting your game. It was a post that you reacted to positively. I pointed out that there was nothing that a flashback does that could not be done better by just having the girls tell the story and then having a scene with the main character comforting her afterwards. And we even had a short private conversation where you said you were new and had not considered that side of things. You even thanked me and said I had given you good advice. So, you should at least make such a scene at least skippable if you really wanted to make them. Though I even advise you at the time that making it skippable means many will not see it and so you basically wasted all that time on the scene and could have spent time on a scene everyone would like to see. It does seem like you are going to do at least make it skippable, but much of the damage has been done, as I said before.

Now many people will not even give the game a second look. You have opened the door and now people will wonder when will a girl get fucked by the delivery guy or a boyfriend in front of the MC, or when will that uncle sneak on the campgrounds and attack the girl again. For many you have lost their trust, and with a statement like this, when it is known that I and other did let you know that such a scene would not be well received, it makes it hard to get that trust back.

You should make the game you want, of course, but to say you were not aware that such a scene would get these kinds of reactions is hard to understand. Please know that I am not accusing you of lying or anything like that. I believe you made a genuine mistake, but I have set the game aside for now. It has gone from a game I was very excited about to one I will be waiting for a long time to check out again. I do wish you the best and I hope that going forward you find the story you want to tell and the best way to tell it. Hopefully once you do it will be a story I can enjoy, but until then be well.

Ifartedtoolong

Feb 27, 2022
I never had a problem with the flashback as it was before the MC even met them and seeing the scene didn't bother me other then me hoping that the uncle gets sent to prison and his cellmate is someone that's loves older men. I laughed more at the kid that looked more like a female tomboy as well as them trying to act like they know everything but doesn't even know the difference between molesting and masturbation.

uncle sneak on the campgrounds
The uncle is on a trip with his family and as stated by them they didn't have enough money to bring her along so I doubt he would have enough money to take another trip just to go to the camp to do things with her.

hatefuldisplay

May 22, 2020
LOL, she has just a big cameltoe. I have plans to make one of the teens a shemale, but just if the players want it
Another vote for no from me unless you can do it like WMV where you have your option for that particular character's plumbing. I can look at the campers and pick a couple I have less interest in, but I would prefer none of them be anything other than females born female with female organs and no penises or testicles. Just my personal preference since you did mention what players want.

Nov 26, 2021
What does a Flashback accomplish? Why even show the player what happened "In the past" if the MC wasn't there to witness it? I see a lot of devs do this to cater the opposite crowd of what you're trying to do and wonder why people got pissed that they expected something and got the complete opposite. It's already dark enough with these girls undergoing mental trauma at this young age, So until another Li pulls a sex tape out her ass of her grandad's dachshund raping her in her sleep while he jerks off in a corner, I'll wait this one out.
This is why I asked him in pm to get everything on the table about the VN's future, I'm happy he come out on the thread and stated that this is what will happen going forward since people can make their judgement to play or not, people like you and me won't play it but someone else who likes that stuff will now that we know the future, it sucks for sure but I'd prefer the Dev make the VN they want, but he's/she's now been upfront so we can move on
Hi guys,
Thanks again for being upfront in the thread but also Please leave warnings in Dev notes as well to avoid people asking in the future, like I said harem people are really not gonna vibe with that stuff even if optional so giving a warning will avoid people being upset and help them move on like myself, it makes everything easier

good luck with your VN's future

Reactions: ProtDan and Kalléo

JoeTheMC84

Dec 1, 2021
The uncle is on a trip with his family and as stated by them they didn't have enough money to bring her along so I doubt he would have enough money to take another trip just to go to the camp to do things with her.
That was just an example, it was intended to give insight to some people's potential thought process not to say it would literally happen that way.

Reactions: Broly1997
3.40 star(s) 43 Votes