4.70 star(s) 273 Votes

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
This is not always true, as you say. If a developer starts making enough money to quit his main job for vn development, things will go faster. The next stage is when he can already hire more people.

But you're also partly right, because if they don't increase the time they spend on the game or hire more people, the increase in revenue usually just translates into better game quality (better assets, better rendering) but not speed.
In general, only three money thresholds are important for speed increasing:
1. I make at least something from the game, so I don't drop it
2. I earn enough to quit my main job
3. I make enough to hire someone to help out
Expanding the staff does not always help speed up development - most of these guys are amateurs, and in teamwork, the most important thing is effective management. Not everyone can do this, if this does not happen, development turns into production chaos.
As for me, the quality and duration of the update is more important than the speed of updates. So if the new episode gets longer, the graphics get better, the gameplay gets more interesting, then I don't mind waiting 5-6 months. Previous updates of this game were very short, but after buying new hardware, Ep.4 has become longer and it looks like Ep.5 will be even longer. It suits me completely.

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
View attachment 2510658

"It's your turn... or are you just going to sit there?"
:unsure: Hmm, not even a hint of nipple. On a cool night by the water you would think they would be at full attention. These must really be inward facing. I usually prefer slight directional outies instead of innies but it much too early to pass such a hasty nipple judgement without all evidence presented. Boob court will adjourn for now..

That ass tho...:BootyTime:

wizardcock

Feb 19, 2021
:unsure: Hmm, not even a hint of nipple. On a cool night by the water you would think they would be at full attention. These must really be inward facing. I usually prefer slight directional outies instead of innies but it much too early to pass such a hasty nipple judgement without all evidence presented. Boob court will adjourn for now..

That ass tho...:BootyTime:
Hmm, and I think her ass should look a little bigger in this pose

DirtyMario

Jumping bitches since '85
Donor
Jul 19, 2017
Expanding the staff does not always help speed up development - most of these guys are amateurs, and in teamwork, the most important thing is effective management. Not everyone can do this, if this does not happen, development turns into production chaos.
As for me, the quality and duration of the update is more important than the speed of updates. So if the new episode gets longer, the graphics get better, the gameplay gets more interesting, then I don't mind waiting 5-6 months. Previous updates of this game were very short, but after buying new hardware, Ep.4 has become longer and it looks like Ep.5 will be even longer. It suits me completely.
Hiring additional people doesn't seem to be all that common in this "scene" anyway. I can't name a lot of artists where that actually worked out. It did for NLT, but not really in the quality department. Just sped up development considerably.
I'm okay with the time between updates on this one too. It's a lot more elaborate than many other AVNs. I'm aware that this takes time and have no problem granting them that.

Reactions: Geralt From Rivia

wizardcock

Feb 19, 2021
Strangely enough, I found this render of Sophia to be the least sexy one. Little-girl-like takes away much of her sexuality although nothing little or small about Sophia.
Yeah, i would probably agree. It's more appropriate for Bree.
But either way, it gives an idea of how things will look at night in the episode, so this render is useful.

Frowster

Nov 4, 2022
It's starting to be like Lewdlab, 1 update per year....status update 83 and the game maybe it will be ready :D
I'm not surprised that many people are no longer Patreon
ezgif.com-resize(1).gif

Summer Heat's first release came out on the 2nd of February last year.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Chapter 2 was first released on the 29th of March (development time of 55 days).

Chapter 3 first came out on the 9th of June (development time of 72 days).

Chapter 4 was released on the 10th of November (development time of 154 days).

Chapter 5 has been in development for, as of today, 143 days and we will be getting two updates' worth of content with it.

The devs still have a ways to go before I come close to suspecting them of deliberately dragging things out, never mind putting them next to the unholy trinity of Lewdlab, Gumdrop and ICSTOR. Sure, Chapter 4 took more than twice as long as Chapter 3 to get made, but it was also noticeably bigger than the earlier releases. Also, their hardware wasn't exactly top of the line:

Summer Heat 3.jpg

Cut them some slack. I understand being wary of dishonest devs, like the ones who have been named here earlier, but let's not get paranoid. This is their first game and making an AVN, especially one of this quality, is a learning process in more ways than one.

DirtyMario

Jumping bitches since '85
Donor
Jul 19, 2017
View attachment 2515337

Summer Heat's first release came out on the 2nd of February last year.

Chapter 2 was first released on the 29th of March (development time of 55 days).

Chapter 3 first came out on the 9th of June (development time of 72 days).

Chapter 4 was released on the 10th of November (development time of 154 days).

Chapter 5 has been in development for, as of today, 143 days and we will be getting two updates' worth of content with it.

The devs still have a ways to go before I come close to suspecting them of deliberately dragging things out, never mind putting them next to the unholy trinity of Lewdlab, Gumdrop and ICSTOR. Sure, Chapter 4 took more than twice as long as Chapter 3 to get made, but it was also noticeably bigger than the earlier releases. Also, their hardware wasn't exactly top of the line:

View attachment 2515353

Cut them some slack. I understand being wary of dishonest devs, like the ones who have been named here earlier, but let's not get paranoid. This is their first game and making an AVN, especially one of this quality, is a learning process in more ways than one.
Appreciate all the info put together but you should learn to ignore the trolls for your own sanity.

MagLev

Oct 1, 2017
They'd also have to be really fucking dumb to be dishonest and "lazy" at this point in the development. They're making a decent chunk of change, but they're really not in getting-filthy-rich range yet and the game definitely *does* have the potential to get them somewhere around there.

The only thing holding them back from getting there (faster) is more updates with shorter lead times. I wouldn't call someone taking their sweet time sitting on a few Ks a month when a bit more effort for a while would double/triple/.. that income (and we know from some examples that once you get to a certain range you can actually sit on your ass and remain in get-filthy-rich range almost indefinitely) a scammer, I'd call them a bit dull.

They're novice devs, who seem to have committed themselves not to compromise on quality, and that takes time. Especially when you're most likely still learning the ropes, or have only recently moved from mid-range hardware to something more capable.

Reactions: Frowster and mma456
4.70 star(s) 273 Votes