4.70 star(s) 273 Votes
Jul 9, 2020
you could always pay and get the same pace of development without changing anything at all
estimates their earnings at 1-4k a month. With two people developing and splitting that it's far from enough money to live on so they probably do this part time. If you can only work on a thing part time while still needing to have a full time job of course development is going to be a lot slower than someone making a few hundred thousand dollars a year and can work on the game full time. More money also allows you to purchase much better hardware to speed up rendering a lot. Development progress goes from red to black by way of green.

BorgiaBou

Jul 24, 2021
estimates their earnings at 1-4k a month. With two people developing and splitting that it's far from enough money to live on so they probably do this part time. If you can only work on a thing part time while still needing to have a full time job of course development is going to be a lot slower than someone making a few hundred thousand dollars a year and can work on the game full time. More money also allows you to purchase much better hardware to speed up rendering a lot. Development progress goes from red to black by way of green.
So you totally gonna ignore what their patreon goals say?!:rolleyes:

Jul 9, 2020
So you totally gonna ignore what their patreon goals say?!:rolleyes:
I'm going to go with hard numbers over nebulous wording yes. The goals says they will put more time and money into the game. This is something we are completely unable to measure as users. The goal was met and maybe they are working on the game for more hours, but I highly doubt full time it's still not enough money to live on.

• Angry
Reactions: BorgiaBou

lipe2410

Forum Fanatic
Dec 23, 2018
Maybe next time a dev start release a chapter every 2 months people could incentive they keep that way instead of complain the releases are to shorts and demand bigger updates

Reactions: mma456

anonnyscouse

Jul 25, 2020
Maybe next time a dev start release a chapter every 2 months people could incentive they keep that way instead of complain the releases are to shorts and demand bigger updates
No it has to be bigger AND faster. I'm not paying for the game but I'm still entitled to get thousands of renders every 2 months even though the devs aren't earning enough to make the game full time.

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
Research and studies have shown...(the coomer brain during post nut clarity) that new devs need to have fast(er) release times in the beginning. They have to build an audience and support as much as possible in the early days before settling in to the usual 6-12 month time frame that older games have. The best chance a dev has to gather up that sweet patreon coin and make a name for themselves before disappearing into the ocean of AVN developers is to strike early and strike hard and be consistent.

Proven (sort of) method of success on F95 for new devs: high level of engagement (including F95), first few updates should be in the 3-month range, and have very good renders, if not a good story. But obtaining a decent native English translator is a must. Oh and at least one character with big tits. This is all science. :geek:
Source: trust me bro

Only when an appropriate level is reached can dev begin to ease off. Usually 1 1/2 year is enough to determine the steady trajectory of a game. If dev has appropriate levels of financial support then they can fuck off from F95. After a few months of reading their game thread, they will hate this place with a burning passion anyway.

Summer Heat has done fairly well in the categories above
I believe next episode is not far off, so this development time is still ok. 600+ patreons in first year is not too bad either. Still just a tad early to slip past the 5 month interval, but if this next episode kicks ass then they should be in the clear. They have already almost cracked the top 20 rank on F95. Doing well.

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
They can't live on the money patreon brings in.
money talks, again? :BootyTime:

do we know, for certain, where are the devs from?
if not, we can only speculate and there are solid chances they could be from second or third world states...and let me tell you from the first hand - 600-700e monthly is way above average salary and more than enough for comfortable living there.
based on numbers of patrons (600+) these dudes earn minimum that much, and most likely 2-3x more.
so again, do you know for certain they cant live solely on the patreon money?
yet, what is a point of entering similar "money talk"*
those willing to attack devs for being lazy milkers will continue to do so, while white knights and bots will continue to defend them even more fiercely:HideThePain:

at the end - truth is that increased support/money has became counterproductive for a fair amount of indie-games.

DirtyMario

Jumping bitches since '85
Donor
Jul 19, 2017
Source: trust me bro
The most credible of all sources, well done.

If dev has appropriate levels of financial support then they can fuck off from F95. After a few months of reading their game thread, they will hate this place with a burning passion anyway.
Not quite, there has to be the final forum/discord meltdown about filthy thieves and F95 never having done anything good for them anyway, while reluctantly accepting that they can't really do anything to keep their game off the site.

money talks, again? :BootyTime:

do we know, for certain, where are the devs from?
if not, we can only speculate and there are solid chances they could be from second or third world states...and let me tell you from the first hand - 600-700e monthly is way above average salary and more than enough for comfortable living there.
I agree with most of your post but somehow I don't believe these devs are from a poor country. Seems more like some kind of passion project on the side. There's something about the way they talk and the work they produce. Just an opinion though, I really have no idea.

Paynne

Oct 31, 2018

Hello, everyone!

This week we wrapped up a couple more scenes that we've been working on. These scenes were giving us a bit of a headache, mostly due to some issues caused by Sophie... We got it figured out in the end though, and after some adjustments the problems didn't pop up again!

It's been fun making night and evening renders after working almost entirely with daylight for the previous four releases. Looking back now that we've grown used to it, the difference between night and day feels huge! For example, here's a very dark closet:

Don't stub your toe in the dark.

Other than that, we also continued working on sound effects and music. A couple of new ambiences were added, mainly to the new location Club Freya. We also started to explore some new audio sources for more music options and better sound effect variety.

That's all, folks. Have a great weekend!

Robison & Npx

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
LOL, even if the game was updated right now 5 months for an update is about right.

Bolero

Jan 20, 2018
About Patreon goals, in my book they are there just to give more incentive for people to give money. Not talking about this game, but in general. Usually more money does not mean faster updates, actually devs tend to get satisfied with what they are getting and kind of get slower. So when people say if you want faster updates give devs more money is kind of annoying.

wizardcock

Feb 19, 2021
About Patreon goals, in my book they are there just to give more incentive for people to give money. Not talking about this game, but in general. Usually more money does not mean faster updates, actually devs tend to get satisfied with what they are getting and kind of get slower. So when people say if you want faster updates give devs more money is kind of annoying.
This is not always true, as you say. If a developer starts making enough money to quit his main job for vn development, things will go faster. The next stage is when he can already hire more people.

But you're also partly right, because if they don't increase the time they spend on the game or hire more people, the increase in revenue usually just translates into better game quality (better assets, better rendering) but not speed.
In general, only three money thresholds are important for speed increasing:
1. I make at least something from the game, so I don't drop it
2. I earn enough to quit my main job
3. I make enough to hire someone to help out

4.70 star(s) 273 Votes