4.70 star(s) 273 Votes

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
First time I've played a VN with such pretty pictures.
Can't wait to see the rest o_O
I love this game a lot, as anyone here can tell.
But man, you have AOA Academy in your signature; AOA academy's renders weren't worse than this game's at all.
You should also try City Of Broken Dreamers as well as Oceanlab's games. Those probably have the best graphics in any Renpy adult VN.

Jericho85

Apr 25, 2022
I love this game a lot, as anyone here can tell.
But man, you have AOA Academy in your signature; AOA academy's renders weren't worse than this game's at all.
You should also try City Of Broken Dreamers as well as Oceanlab's games. Those probably have the best graphics in any Renpy adult VN.
Hard disagree on pretty much all of that.

Last edited:

Paynne

Oct 31, 2018

Hello and happy Midsummer, everyone!

This week we made a lot of progress and eliminated a whole bunch of assignments from our to-do lists.

A ton of new renders, coding, SFX, and a ridiculous amount of render fixes! A long time ago, many of the render mistakes had to be "spot rendered", but nowadays most of them can be fixed in post-processing. This has been an amazing time saver. Small skin poke-throughs are incredibly common when you start posing and rendering, especially when it comes to breasts and clothing. One of these poke-throughs even slipped through into the CH04 release, somehow evading detection until it was pointed out by players!

Another large scene has been coming out of the render queue this week, and the feeling we were going for feels spot on. There are several render-heavy scenes in CH05, which we didn't anticipate early on since scripting only goes so far, but it's a pleasant surprise! The scenes are also starting to get more lewd and intimate, in many different ways...

Other news

There will be a preview of Eve this weekend. We're also contemplating who to feature in the next preview. It will most likely be Jenni the shop clerk, but it could also be someone else. Any wishes?

Until next week!

Cheers,

Robison & Npx

Bolero

Jan 20, 2018
OK i was silent for some time on this thread, after all my comments were only positivity and praise for the developers. From praising the quality of the game, to praising how they never miss to write this dev logs every week.

Now after reading all of the logs in the last 5-6 months, i have to say something not so positive.
While reading this logs every week you get the sense they manage to accomplish quite a bit every week. I remember that they used to make a around 200 renders in one week, which they mentioned in one of the logs. I remember praising them and saying how some devs (yes stoper i am looking at you), do not make that many in 5 months. So the question is why does it take so long if they are working so hard and managing to accomplish a lot every week. Or is this update going to be something huge like Being a dik does and makes updates with like 3000 renders or so?

Hate to be negative, but the experience taught me that many devs adter they make a name for themselves tend to become very slow.

JayneDoe2

Nov 21, 2022
OK i was silent for some time on this thread, after all my comments were only positivity and praise for the developers. From praising the quality of the game, to praising how they never miss to write this dev logs every week.

Now after reading all of the logs in the last 5-6 months, i have to say something not so positive.
While reading this logs every week you get the sense they manage to accomplish quite a bit every week. I remember that they used to make a around 200 renders in one week, which they mentioned in one of the logs. I remember praising them and saying how some devs (yes stoper i am looking at you), do not make that many in 5 months. So the question is why does it take so long if they are working so hard and managing to accomplish a lot every week. Or is this update going to be something huge like Being a dik does and makes updates with like 3000 renders or so?

Hate to be negative, but the experience taught me that many devs adter they make a name for themselves tend to become very slow.
Sorry to say that, but BaDik hits around 4k to 5k renders + animations (around higher two-digits).

The question is, what does count as progress for you? Is it just renders? They are time-consuming, but so does coding (and for some devs does writing).

Since they did high quality renders since release, their starting point of "I want to improve the quality" hits a far higher sphere than other devs do.

But I do think that they have to find a middle ground between long update delays and short (renderwise) updates.
I personal prefer 2-3 update over a year

Jun 11, 2023

Hello and happy Midsummer, everyone!

This week we made a lot of progress and eliminated a whole bunch of assignments from our to-do lists.

A ton of new renders, coding, SFX, and a ridiculous amount of render fixes! A long time ago, many of the render mistakes had to be "spot rendered", but nowadays most of them can be fixed in post-processing. This has been an amazing time saver. Small skin poke-throughs are incredibly common when you start posing and rendering, especially when it comes to breasts and clothing. One of these poke-throughs even slipped through into the CH04 release, somehow evading detection until it was pointed out by players!

Another large scene has been coming out of the render queue this week, and the feeling we were going for feels spot on. There are several render-heavy scenes in CH05, which we didn't anticipate early on since scripting only goes so far, but it's a pleasant surprise! The scenes are also starting to get more lewd and intimate, in many different ways...

Other news

There will be a preview of Eve this weekend. We're also contemplating who to feature in the next preview. It will most likely be Jenni the shop clerk, but it could also be someone else. Any wishes?

Until next week!

Cheers,

Robison & Npx
The Devs say Jenni might be our next preview girl. Or we may get someone else. I like Jenni, she's very friendly and cute. So I wouldn't mind saving her for last as someone to look forward to if others would like to see some of the other girl's previews even sooner.

I wonder which side girl's you all want to see the soonest?

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2023

I think at the beginning the Devs were making the easy dialogue scene renders so they could just churn them out one after another and keep count of them easy.

Then the Devs start with complex scenes and animations and those take a lot longer and animations take a lot of work but you can't really count your renders with them. So no real easy to report render count even though you did a lot of work on them.

Jun 11, 2023
TBH, I don't focus on things like render count or stuff like that.
When I'm playing a game, I look for good writing & romance.
I know this game has good writing & I think once the romance kicks in that will be really good as well.
Yeah, that's a great way to look at it. Summer Heat's girls and art are fantastic and the writing is good too!

I'm sure you're right that the romance will be really good also.

SSJGOD

Nov 7, 2018

These guys have not wronged anyone yet so just be patient & wait for the update. Comparing of games & Devs is nasty work.

Last edited:

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
Sorry to say that, but BaDik hits around 4k to 5k renders + animations (around higher two-digits).

The question is, what does count as progress for you? Is it just renders? They are time-consuming, but so does coding (and for some devs does writing).

Since they did high quality renders since release, their starting point of "I want to improve the quality" hits a far higher sphere than other devs do.

But I do think that they have to find a middle ground between long update delays and short (renderwise) updates.
I personal prefer 2-3 update over a year
DPC has several machines dedicated to game development and he has experience. So of course he will push more content, we can't compare him with a couple of newbies.
Now NFG are doing good numbers on Patreon, so imo upgrading hardware must be a priority to speed development up.
So far most players have been lenient but when you enter +6 months update territory things can get ugly here pretty fast.
There are several threads you can't visit because milk posting has turned them into toxic shitshows.

4.70 star(s) 273 Votes