4.70 star(s) 273 Votes

shitass1001

Jun 8, 2021
Why do you end "I wonder ..." with a question mark? Are you asking a question or making a statement?
People often times type as though they are speaking the words they are writing, adding the question mark at the end of the I wonder statement adds intonation. Also, in this case it could be a question and statement at the same time.

May 22, 2023
God damn, this fucking game moves slower than a slug, props to dev for making a game that's actually decent though, and that doesn't have any gratuitous unearned lewd scenes, I really fucking hate that shit, makes the game feel stupid.

And no, fucking the bimbo-thot-MILF doesn't count, MC earned that fair and square, some women just have a really low threshold for entry.

Last edited:

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
People often times type as though they are speaking the words they are writing, adding the question mark at the end of the I wonder statement adds intonation. Also, in this case it could be a question and statement at the same time.
Ah, ok. I never really understood that. That makes sense.

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
getting it confused is understandable. The English language is a fickle mistress...
Yea, I mix up shit sometimes too.

Edit: Actually, now that I think about it. I think sometimes shit just gets translated weird. What might be a question in another language translates into a statement in English. I've noticed this before. Some languages usually use a more "passive" tone which just translates into "passive-aggressive" in English if you're not careful lol.

Last edited:

camube

Jun 4, 2022
What is everyone expectations with this update?

If compared against another game like Being A Dik - that only updates once a year - the MC should have sex with several characters.

Or will this update only cover a short span of time and/or only make progress to first base with the girls?

If the latter will that be satisfactory after such a long wait?
for them to tell us what's the main plot of the story is about

MagLev

Oct 1, 2017
What? That's not just twice the size of the previous release, it's slightly more than the entire game in it's current state.

Are Naughty Fox devs on adderall drips 24/7?
Well it will also be the longest release cycle so far, and they upgraded their GPU significantly during this cycle. Plus render count is only part of the story.

MagLev

Oct 1, 2017
They said they upgraded their GPU for CH4, but about CH5, they have said nothing regarding another upgrade as far as I remember. you got a link to it?
Might be remembering wrong, I thought it came at the start of CH5's cycle. Might have been late into CH4's then?

Gravy Train

Mar 30, 2022
Does anyone know if the house environment is a custom build set? Or is there a download anywhere? I’ve looked everywhere and cant find it. I love the look, very cape-codish. Would love to possibly get it but it’s a mystery to me

Frowster

Nov 4, 2022
Does anyone know if the house environment is a custom build set? Or is there a download anywhere? I’ve looked everywhere and cant find it. I love the look, very cape-codish. Would love to possibly get it but it’s a mystery to me
You'll have a hard time getting it, because according to the dev log released on the first anniversary of Summer Heat's release, they built all the sets themselves, including the outdoor ones.

Maybe if you ask very nicely... :HideThePain:

Dev log said:
Set Design

The train station was the first set we worked on. It took the longest to create and turned out very laggy in the end, mostly due to our inexperience. Regardless, we truly enjoyed the process of designing and building our own sets! Knowing that most aspects of the world were designed by us made it all feel so much more real. That feeling was the "gateway drug" which led to us creating all of our own sets.

We also have a couple of time-lapse pictures saved up! Starting with...

The lodge. Destination of Art Summer and Kate's home. There's not much to say about it except that it's a house... with a garage!

The backyard. The backyard will be more relevant to the story than the front yard. Many activities will occur here, such as the team exercise in CH04. Most of the area has already been seen, but there's still plenty to explore—such as the Jacuzzi and the small, private shed.

The strip mall. We got a little bit carried away... The GPU did not like this one. The strip mall from CH02 will also be a reoccurring location in Summer Heat.

Bill's grocer. It was fun to build, but a major pain in the ass to work with. There are just too many objects on the shelves. Some tears may have been shed while working with this set.

Forest path. We created several forest sets for CH04 and future chapters. This is one of them. Unlike the train station and strip mall, the forest sets don't lag at all! This set was also used for the

The field. This is where the class goes with Mr. Miller in CH04. It's a bit worn down, as you might have noticed.

The glade. Don't mind the creepy doll! Sophie and Player have a private conversation here in CH04. Another likely reoccurring location, along with the other forest sets.

Abandoned school. We've also been slowly building this abandoned school, which can be seen in the distance in CH04. It's a work in progress, as you can see. We won't visit there yet but it will play a role in the future.

...And there are many more sets to come!
The post included some pictures showing how each set gradually took shape. They don't work anymore in Paynne's post, but I did a bit of digging and here they are:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Gravy Train

Mar 30, 2022
You'll have a hard time getting it, because according to the dev log released on the first anniversary of Summer Heat's release, they built all the sets themselves, including the outdoor ones.

The post included some pictures showing how each set gradually took shape. They don't work anymore in Paynne's post, but I did a bit of digging and here they are:

Good eye man, sucks because they're beautiful environments. But I get it, wish I knew how to create environments, I'd put my old dreams of being an architect to work

Reactions: Frowster

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017

The building in those last renders is the abandoned school that I mentioned the other day.

Reactions: Frowster
4.70 star(s) 273 Votes