4.70 star(s) 273 Votes

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
I just want to takes Bree's hand and hold her hand and go for a midnight walk. Then i'll bring her back to her room kiss her on the forehead good night and tuck her in before I go to sleep myself in my room don't want to get caught after all and get in trouble. Joshy92 ill leave the Eve simping to you.

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
Oh man why do all the best games take eternity to release and abandoned before getting to good parts. Give this dev good budget and a team, so I could see this being completed within my lifetime. The artistic style, the renders and everything just make everything so pleasing too look at while the story is actually intriguing. Last five games I played I dropped, makes this gem standout but the development time is tedious, wish this dev had same resources as freshwomen team. I like that game, but I like this dev's artistic style even more.
Well, I don't know about putting Summer Heat into that category of games just yet. These devs (I think there's exactly two people working on this) definitely took a while for the last update but they also stated they wouldn't be doing it like that anymore. They've also been making visible progress for this update and it seems like we haven't even hit the 6-month mark since the last update. I know how you feel since I've seen way too many VNs either become abandoned or gradually extend their dev cycles to a year or more for each update.

It's just that I have more faith in this team and Summer Heat. Seems like they were just trying to figure things out since day one and are just starting to hit their stride. Plus, that last update was fire so I can't even be mad about it lol. Seriously, for most VNs that take a year nowadays, I end up playing the newest update for maybe 30 minutes then get bored. I just stop because I think, "God, I already know this is going to be either some bitch-ass writing or it's not going to sufficiently cover what I want to see happen so I might as well just wait another year and stop right now." LOL.

It's weird. 1 hour of content every 6 months or so feels a lot better than 2 hours of content every year or so. The latter just makes shit start feeling empty and meaningless. Maybe it's because the hype around an update is part of the experience. Not sure. It's probably more just a lot of shit happens in a year and I just lose all but complete interest if it takes that long.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: Joelcgx19

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
I just want to takes Bree's hand and hold her hand and go for a midnight walk. Then i'll bring her back to her room kiss her on the forehead good night and tuck her in before I go to sleep myself in my room don't want to get caught after all and get in trouble. Joshy92 ill leave the Eve simping to you.
Hand_Holding_2.jpg
DISGUSTING! I'd rather do something normal like eat Bree's ass then spank it just like any other non-degenerate would do!

Juicer97

Jun 2, 2022
By the way, I don't even bother with that other game you mentioned anymore. I just remember the devs hired a million people and took a long-ass time figuring out "Blender" or something like that. But even after all that, they still take way too long for updates relative to the number of people they said they hired. Just doesn't make sense and it's annoying to even look at the game anymore. Meanwhile announcing plans for other games I haven't a single glimpse of to this day.
Yeah that blender situation was a mistake. Ruined development time and messed up the characters. That what over ambition can do to the dev. It's just weird how some get too much money and end up doing worse job while others can't get enough in order to create content full time while being able to afford optimal tools to do the job. But tbh the devs should also learn a thing or two about that dev on how to obtain enough funding through various means. I mean there are a few games that I really like but their development slow because the funding does not allow dev to do it full time. sucks.

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
Yeah that blender situation was a mistake. Ruined development time and messed up the characters. That what over ambition can do to the dev. It's just weird how some get too much money and end up doing worse job while others can't get enough in order to create content full time while being able to afford optimal tools to do the job. But tbh the devs should also learn a thing or two about that dev on how to obtain enough funding through various means. I mean there are a few games that I really like but their development slow because the funding does not allow dev to do it full time. sucks.
(Edit: I'm sorry about the long post. You don't gotta read all that.)

TLDR: More money doesn't always mean shorter dev cycles and the devs I've seen go full-time usually just end up making the dev cycles even longer than before they went full-time because they have poor planning skills and lack self-accountability. Summer Heat is a little different from what I've seen like they're actively trying to get better with each iteration by responding to feedback and it shows. It's only been 5 months since the last update and they said they wouldn't do elongated dev cycles again. I wouldn't worry too much about it right now. It's their first time making a game and they've been learning about the different pitfalls.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Don Sucio

Jan 17, 2021
I really hope branching starts happening soon.
It feels way too linear at the moment imo.
I would not rush for now, it´s the beginning, but i always like having differents paths so i´m intrigued too for see how it will be.

Draverik

Apr 21, 2017
I really hope branching starts happening soon.
It feels way too linear at the moment imo.
Seriously? Haven't played the last update but from what i've seen looking at the renders it seemed like it's hella disjointed with every girl occupying a different playthrough pretty much. I guess i must be wrong here because if im right that would make you insane then :D
More branches of existing branches and soon you'll have 2 minutes of content for each of the branches with every update or an update every 3 years.
I gotta be wrong with my assumptions but i guess i gotta play the game and see for myself since having to replay the game however many times to see atleast half of the girls i wanted to see was the number one thing that was holding me back from playing.

Don Sucio

Jan 17, 2021
Seriously? Haven't played the last update but from what i've seen looking at the renders it seemed like it's hella disjointed with every girl occupying a different playthrough pretty much. I guess i must be wrong here because if im right that would make you insane then :D
More branches of existing branches and soon you'll have 2 minutes of content for each of the branches with every update or an update every 3 years.
I gotta be wrong with my assumptions but i guess i gotta play the game and see for myself since having to replay the game however many times to see atleast half of the girls i wanted to see was the number one thing that was holding me back from playing.
Well ,yeah, you have a point, more branches means less content for all the girls,or having to wait more for our favorites girls or much time for the development... But it can be done good, not without risks but it can be done :unsure:
I´m thinking in some games with many paths and variables and the amount of content is usually big and with many of the girls, but it´s true the development time is very long.

Reactions: Draverik

Draverik

Apr 21, 2017
Well ,yeah, you have a point, more branches means less content for all the girls,or having to wait more for our favorites girls or much time for the development... But it can be done good, not without risks but it can be done :unsure:
I´m thinking in some games with many paths and variables and the amount of content is usually big and with many of the girls, but it´s true the development time is very long.
Then it's just branches for branches' sake and i don't think anybody wants that. Unless they hire more people i don't think it's possible without having to cut corners (which would result in a serious dip in quality) or significantly increasing the time it takes to push out and update (which is already long), both of those things sit higher on the hierarchy of things atleast i myself want from the game than branching-branching paths.
And you can only go as far with the branches before you hit a point where it's just better to save it and explore it in a different game in the future than burning out half-way through.
The only way they could've pulled it off is with Work In Progress paths being left to complete after the other one is finished but that would create other issues on its own and i don't think anybody wants that.

But that's just my biased opinion, not a huge branching story guy myself. Rather explore two separate games fully than having to replay the one i've already played and still need more playthroughs in order to see everything.

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
branching or not all that matters to me is there is romantic stuff like hand holding, cuddles etc etc with my chosen LI for that save :)

Reactions: lipe2410
4.70 star(s) 273 Votes