4.70 star(s) 271 Votes

SlowGoesSlow

Jan 5, 2024
Nice detective work!

Alternatively, maybe Mike and Mia are really the same person??? :unsure:o_O Mike is the real person and Mia is the version MC imagines in his head, sort of like a third-party Fight Club. The reason MC doesn't correspond to Mia's (Mike's) advances is because MC is still in the closet, leading him to suppress his true feelings for his childhood best friend. This would also explain why Mia feels "left out"... it's because she ain't really there! /s
I want to subscribe to the headcanon that Mia is Mike in a wig. Gave his homie a brojob and everything, what a good friend. :Kappa:

• Haha
Reactions: MaxRichard
Sep 14, 2023
You are practically the (unofficial) spokesperson for Summer heat here, if you don't bring the Devlog every Friday this thread will be dead between updates, that would mean that fewer potential patreons would know about the game by coming here, it's a shame you've lost faith but It is the reflection of the majority, thank you for having brought so many Devlogs giving rise to debates and jokes, and I hope that the month the update comes out leaves you satisfied.

I want to believe that this update, although at first it was said to be small, will last the same as the previous one, because it will take perhaps a month less than the previous one and with the experience they are acquiring in development... well... that's what that I want to believe.
If I don't misremember (and I am too lazy to go back through the thread and look) I do believe the devs stated that they would be focusing more on animations as they had acquired a new rendering rig, I personally believe that this is one of the main culprits to the prolonged dev cycle, and I also personally believe that animations are overrated, and I don't see why there are people who seemingly demand animations to be in a game to give it a favorable review.

Anyway, I hope the devs learn from their mistakes and eliminate the bottlenecks, hopefully we'll have an update before summer is over. :HideThePain:

Paynne

Oct 31, 2018
I want to believe that this update, although at first it was said to be small, will last the same as the previous one
That's a possibility yeah, maybe the update got bigger than they originally planned, I could understand it if that's the case but that's the problem too, in the status updates they don't talk about any numbers or something that can tell us how big the update is going to be.

Milton749

Jul 26, 2023

Hello, everyone!

This week we don't have much to talk about... except that we finished the planned renders! We also did a bit of coding and played through a couple of the scenes to see how we could improve the player experience. After the scenes are fully rendered out, we'll see if anything needs fixing. We know that the freeplay scene in 0.6 needs some love and there are still a couple of flawed renders here and there.

We're at the point where we could start to make some accurate guesses about when the update will be ready, but we'll save that for when we're absolutely sure. There were some really annoying problems to deal with this cycle and we'd rather not add delays to that pile. So far the hamsters have kept the wheels spinning just fine, but if we announced a release date with unknown factors remaining, they'd probably drop dead instantly.

That would be very bad.

Other news

We've finished several pending changes for Patreon and Discord in anticipation of the update. Figured out some headers and thought about some new banners... but ultimately we decided to keep the 0.5 banner for now.

June's special render poll also ended. From a total of 69 votes, Bree came out on top! She'll get the summer special later this month.

Speaking of summer, it's currently Midsummer Eve here in Finland, a revered day on which everyone comes together and drinks a sacred liquid that heals all sorrows. Or so they say. So happy midsummer to you all! Glad midsommar to the Swedes, and hyvää juhannusta to the Finns.

Thanks for reading and have a great weekend as well!

Cheers,

Robison & Npx
I was joking last update when I said Polish was going backwards - But it really is!!!!

Ray_D

Nov 13, 2022

Hello, everyone!

This week we don't have much to talk about... except that we finished the planned renders! We also did a bit of coding and played through a couple of the scenes to see how we could improve the player experience. After the scenes are fully rendered out, we'll see if anything needs fixing. We know that the freeplay scene in 0.6 needs some love and there are still a couple of flawed renders here and there.

We're at the point where we could start to make some accurate guesses about when the update will be ready, but we'll save that for when we're absolutely sure. There were some really annoying problems to deal with this cycle and we'd rather not add delays to that pile. So far the hamsters have kept the wheels spinning just fine, but if we announced a release date with unknown factors remaining, they'd probably drop dead instantly.

That would be very bad.

Other news

We've finished several pending changes for Patreon and Discord in anticipation of the update. Figured out some headers and thought about some new banners... but ultimately we decided to keep the 0.5 banner for now.

June's special render poll also ended. From a total of 69 votes, Bree came out on top! She'll get the summer special later this month.

Speaking of summer, it's currently Midsummer Eve here in Finland, a revered day on which everyone comes together and drinks a sacred liquid that heals all sorrows. Or so they say. So happy midsummer to you all! Glad midsommar to the Swedes, and hyvää juhannusta to the Finns.

Thanks for reading and have a great weekend as well!

Cheers,

Robison & Npx
:KEK:
PAtro.jpg

Last edited:

Sweet Force

May 18, 2017
You made me think, they don't talk about numbers but at this stage of the update they could already do it because the render bar is full, for 0.5 there were 3600+ renders, if they said how many renders this update will have they could calm some people down. (I know they said there are defective renders but that shouldn't change the total number much).

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
Yeah, this is getting worrying, ngl, I'm starting to lose faith in this game. I know quality takes time but eight months for a small update it's too much. I guess I'll wait for the update to decide if I keep supporting the game or not.
it would be for the best if all of you stop supporting them (i know that cant happen, because of the reasons, that "hook" is doing its job perfectly). this way they really have no reasons to change anything, they are living their dream as a few other popular devs with steady support and "regular" updates.

those reports are looking like a joke for some time now.
from their side ofc, not sure if you (paying supporters/patrons) are laughing as well :HideThePain:
anyway kudos to them..if nothing else they deserve $$$ for those weekly reports...it isnt that easy to write week after week after week...throughout a whole year:BootyTime:

wizardcock

Feb 19, 2021
it would be for the best if all of you stop supporting them (i know that cant happen, because of the reasons, that "hook" is doing its job perfectly). this way they really have no reasons to change anything, they are living their dream as a few other popular devs with steady support and "regular" updates.

those reports are looking like a joke for some time now.
from their side ofc, not sure if you (paying supporters/patrons) are laughing as well :HideThePain:
anyway kudos to them..if nothing else they deserve $$$ for those weekly reports...it isnt that easy to write week after week after week...throughout a whole year:BootyTime:
it can't be helped, if people only supported those who release clearly on schedule, then only grandma house developer, grindy times, faerin, nlt would be left
Regarding summer heat developers, they've been doing for a long time, but the pace hasn't really changed. I mean the number of renders per month. (if we get 3500+ renders in v0.6)

Last edited:

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
it can't be helped, if people only supported those who release clearly on schedule, then only grandma house developer, grindy times, faerin, nlt would be left
Regarding summer heat developers, they've been doing for a long time, but the pace hasn't really changed. I mean the number of renders per month. (if we get 3500+ renders in v0.6)
0.6 should be smaller than 0.5, no way there could be 3500+ renders - it will probably have 1500-2000 renders top. the pace has slowed down, and probably it will become even slower in future.

now, back to usual topics.
has anyone said "helen, the hottest chick!!"?

4.70 star(s) 271 Votes