4.70 star(s) 276 Votes

PickleSteve

Sep 9, 2022
Wonder how long it'll be before the inevitable "almost a year for 10 minutes of content?" posts when it comes out. :LUL:
Have you heard of Planck time?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
So pretty much that, after the update is out, would be my guess. Business as usual around here.

And yes yes... Keeping with the theme: the time until completion of the game would be approximated by the time until the heat death of the universe (around 1.7×10^106 years). :rolleyes:

mintymuz

Apr 8, 2024

There aren't many who have seen the mess that is Summer Heat prior to polishing
This felt a little curious. "Polishing" to me should be just tidying things up a little if you spot little errors and stuff, or maybe you play through and think of something that will really benefit a particular scene. It doesn't feel "normal" to me that prior to polishing things would be a "mess", it should already be pretty much ready by that point. So is "polishing" the wrong word to use here, or am I taking it in the wrong context? I feel given the apparent amount of polishing/time spent on polishing, that they are not using the word correctly...

Reactions: Manster1775

Milton749

Engaged Member
Jul 26, 2023
This felt a little curious. "Polishing" to me should be just tidying things up a little if you spot little errors and stuff, or maybe you play through and think of something that will really benefit a particular scene. It doesn't feel "normal" to me that prior to polishing things would be a "mess", it should already be pretty much ready by that point. So is "polishing" the wrong word to use here, or am I taking it in the wrong context? I feel given the apparent amount of polishing/time spent on polishing, that they are not using the word correctly...
I'm with you. To me polishing is just tidying it up, making sure everything flows, no obvious mistakes. They obviously put more stuff into their word 'polishing', because there is no way tidying it up could take this long.

Reactions: MaxRichard

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
I'm with you. To me polishing is just tidying it up, making sure everything flows, no obvious mistakes. They obviously put more stuff into their word 'polishing', because there is no way tidying it up could take this long.
For all we know, they might be using the word polishing in a more literal sense. For example, the polishing stage might consist of going through all renders & animations with photoshop & after-effects (or whatever people use nowadays) to touch things up and this can be pretty tedious.

Who knows really. The way I see it, if the devs didn't spend this time "polishing", they'd just be spending the same time on a different section so it's not like the update would get released faster. One thing that does surprise me a little is that the devs haven't changed it to be more like other developers because TBH, this game is great but this thread is really pretty toxic to read most of the time. I'd like to read it more and see what people are saying, but I got bored of reading complaints several hundred pages ago (not saying either of you are complaining, moreso commenting on the "polishing" thing).

To be fair, for a game with this version number, it really has very little content. The pure playing time is very short despite built-in time wasters such as useless free roams and the smartphone.
I get asked for my recommendations pretty often and I nearly always put this game in top5 but every single time I mention it I'm reminded that the game is still on day1. It's a nice bit of content for one day sure, but still. Thanks bitsybobs3 :BootyTime:
I'm hoping the next update is 2-3 days, with things just spread out more.

Last edited:

Milton749

Engaged Member
Jul 26, 2023
For all we know, they might be using the word polishing in a more literal sense. For example, the polishing stage might consist of going through all renders & animations with photoshop & after-effects (or whatever people use nowadays) to touch things up and this can be pretty tedious.

Who knows really. The way I see it, if the devs didn't spend this time "polishing", they'd just be spending the same time on a different section so it's not like the update would get released faster. One thing that does surprise me a little is that the devs haven't changed it to be more like other developers because TBH, this game is great but this thread is really pretty toxic to read most of the time. I'd like to read it more and see what people are saying, but I got bored of reading complaints several hundred pages ago (not saying either of you are complaining, moreso commenting on the "polishing" thing).

I get asked for my recommendations pretty often and I nearly always put this game in top5 but every single time I mention it I'm reminded that the game is still on day1. It's a nice bit of content for one day sure, but still. Thanks bitsybobs3 :BootyTime:
I'm hoping the next update is 2-3 days, with things just spread out more.
Yeah, to make really clear, I'm definitely not complaining and I know mintymuz isn't either. Releases are what they are.

Reactions: spl00sh321 and RPDL
4.70 star(s) 276 Votes