4.60 star(s) 317 Votes

ssam123

Jul 16, 2023
View attachment 4009107

New

Show less
Hello, everyone!
This week we began the production of 0.7. We have our new rig up and running and so far there haven't been any issues! We made a couple of test renders of the girls and all of them were well behaved without quality inconsistencies. After a few weeks, we'll know better how big overall improvement this will be when it comes to creating new content. Our initial impression is pretty good. We'll report the weekly render counts in the status updates for this cycle but we won't be including every single arm twist and head turn in the overall count.
We also continued scripting and made the first renders of 0.7. Some necessary props are also under way, such as some hot dogs and a new TV ad. Player also found a new hairstyle for 0.7 and the upcoming future. The wet hair will still be returning later but don't worry, we'll try to keep those angles minimal for you.
The feedback survey is still getting responses and we've continued reading them this week. There's a lot of great feedback and thoughtful comments from all around the world! If you haven't left any feedback on 0.6 yet, Thank you again to everyone for leaving your thoughts and opinions.
Finally, we made some improvements and bug fixes for the Android versions. Those new versions should be up before this status update releases.

Weekly summary:
  • 31 renders
  • Scripting & Plotting
  • Props
  • TV ad
  • New hair for Player
  • Android bugfix versions

Other news
The August special featuring Eve was posted last weekend.

Cheers and have a great weekend,
Robison & Npx
Ahhh shit!!!! I guess this upgrade will only concentrate on bree which means fans of Sophie,eve and Kate have to wait for another couple of years...‍

Sweet Force

May 18, 2017
That's so sad. Any guess when the next update will release? I just cant wait to romance Eve it sucks how much time these devs take.
If I'm honest, I don't even think the devs know when 0.7 will be out, the visual quality of their characters is inversely proportional to their way of organizing the development process, for the last update it took them 10 months to make 1800 renders + animations, this week it seems they started their new render creation cycle, they made 31 renders, at that rate if they want to release an update of 1800 renders it would take them more than a year without counting animations and polishing, although we don't really know how many renders they made because they say "we won't be including every single arm twist and head turn in the overall count.", if we apply that rule to 0.6, we might have 250 renders at most, because the vast majority are as they say, hand and head movements. I also wouldn't expect any Eve content for 0.7, that will happen at night and I see it difficult for the next update to come out at night. In short... don't get your hopes up, play other things and maybe in about 5 months we'll have an idea of when the new version will be released, supposedly the Devs understood all the errors of version 0.6 and are going to improve, but between the saying and the doing...

I have a question and I'm going to give the following example:
Sin título.png
If we do not count hand and head movements as renders, how much do these 89 renders count? About 10?.

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
If I'm honest, I don't even think the devs know when 0.7 will be out, the visual quality of their characters is inversely proportional to their way of organizing the development process, for the last update it took them 10 months to make 1800 renders + animations, this week it seems they started their new render creation cycle, they made 31 renders, at that rate if they want to release an update of 1800 renders it would take them more than a year without counting animations and polishing, although we don't really know how many renders they made because they say "we won't be including every single arm twist and head turn in the overall count.", if we apply that rule to 0.6, we might have 250 renders at most, because the vast majority are as they say, hand and head movements. I also wouldn't expect any Eve content for 0.7, that will happen at night and I see it difficult for the next update to come out at night. In short... don't get your hopes up, play other things and maybe in about 5 months we'll have an idea of when the new version will be released, supposedly the Devs understood all the errors of version 0.6 and are going to improve, but between the saying and the doing...

View attachment 4010574
If we do not count hand and head movements as renders, how much do these 89 renders count? About 10?.
I know. They are so fucking subtle that you have to wonder what it could possibly even add to a scene. It's like stop motion but static images. I don't think it "adds life" to the scenes like others have said.

Dmoll

Aug 12, 2024

View attachment 4010574
Yeah about 3-5 times lesser. I honestly like all the filler renders that show expressions, contrary to what the guy above me said. That's the kind of signature charm that makes this VN memorable. So I wish we could get those renders in a much lesser time. I also dont want the sex scenes to be shorter. I will say that the devs should step up their game and churn out several times more renders. Dr Pink Cake manages to hit 4k-6k mark at around the same timeframe summer heat's chapter 6 took, all on his own. Am I being unreasonable?

Last edited:

jvbatman

Feb 16, 2024
I don't know shit about this whole rendering thing but I thought it took a bunch of time no matter what was being rendered. Is it faster to do multiple image that only have slight movement differences?

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
Yeah about 3-5 times lesser. I honestly like all the filler renders that show expressions, contrary to what the guy above me said. That's the kind of signature charm of this VN that makes this game memorable. So I wish we could get those renders in a much lesser time. I also dont want the sex scenes to be shorter. I will say that the devs should step up their game and churn our several times more renders. Dr Pink Cake manages to hit 4k-6k mark at around the same time summer heat's chapter 6 came out, all on his own. Am I being unreasonable?
That would be fine if it were actual changes in emotions, but essentially rendering the same image with 5 degree difference in an arm position or an ever so slightly raised brow or corner of the mouth is pointless.

Reactions: Ass prefer

Dmoll

Aug 12, 2024
That would be fine if it were actual changes in emotions, but essentially rendering the same image with 5 degree difference in an arm position or an ever so slightly raised brow or corner of the mouth is pointless.
Yeah they could cut smaller details out. Focus on the more impactful renders.

Reactions: Skeltom

TonyMurray

Apr 8, 2024
I mean, I don't know the details for either of them, but my understanding is that DPC has a few more machines and a fair bit more experience than Naughty Fox Games, so it shouldn't really be surprising that he's able to be more "productive". That's literally just a quick comparison between the two though, and not taking any other factors (such as work–life balance) into consideration, and it's not saying that these guys are performing at the height of where they should be, either. Everyone is different though, every dev is different and they're going to have their own way of doing things, and some will work better than others.

Reactions: Maviarab

Asaki1337

Jun 4, 2018
Edit: Updated for 0.6.1

I've made a walkthrough/gallery unlocker for this game

Features:
  • Adds hints to dialogue options
  • Added 1 scene to scene replay
  • Added a "Unlock all" button to the gallery
Download: MEGA PIXELDRAIN

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Hey Scrappy, thx for the mod, but I got the NameError: name 'AM' is not defined during gameplay and NameError: name 'AM4' is not defined whenever I open the scene replay(Gallery and unlock gallery works fine tho). Could you pls fix it?

Moose_Tracks

Oct 12, 2017
for the last update it took them 10 months to make 1800 renders + animations, this week it seems they started their new render creation cycle, they made 31 renders, at that rate if they want to release an update of 1800 renders it would take them more than a year without counting animations and polishing
I'd say it's very premature to start guessing how much content we're in for for the 0.7 update, let alone a potential release date. They're basically in their first week of production mode and I'd imagine planning and scripting is taking most of their time atm. I think it'd be fair to let the gears turn for at least a few weeks before we start spreading any conjecture.

There was a time when they included weekly render counts in their reports, and if I recall correctly, they were consistently hitting between the 100-130 mark.

4.60 star(s) 317 Votes