4.60 star(s) 328 Votes

WhiteSwan1916

Aug 18, 2023
I'm gonna agree to disagree here. 0.1/0.2 content is not close whatsoever imo to 0.5/0.6 visuals. And not just visual quality but also in terms of arts, photography and scening. It's worth it. But yeah i'm on the team "i dont care how long it take and i don't mind waiting" and i know most people arn't... anyway i dosn't matter, it's not up to us and as sophie would say: "it takes as long as it takes".
I share that opinion. Would I want good content faster? Sure... but the quality is paramount. And this one is up there with the best IMO.

Jericho85

Apr 25, 2022
I'm gonna agree to disagree here. 0.1/0.2 content is not close whatsoever imo to 0.5/0.6 visuals. And not just visual quality but also in terms of arts, photography and scening. It's worth it. But yeah i'm on the team "i dont care how long it take and i don't mind waiting" and i know most people arn't... anyway i dosn't matter, it's not up to us and as sophie would say: "it takes as long as it takes".
Agree 100%. But whiners gonna whine.

Jericho85

Apr 25, 2022
You just have different waiting standards. Would you be ok to wait 1 year for 10 renders, even if they're perfect?
Given that's never happened even once with Summer Heat, seems like a weak argument. I'm fine with waiting on a good VN because there's plenty of other shit to do in my life to keep me occupied. Fuck, there's even plenty of other VNs to try in the interim, so I'd rather a developer work at their own pace and make a product that they're satisfied with.

I do really feel bad for people who's life revolves around these VNs though. For those types, I'm sure the wait is agonizing so it's all they can do to bitch and moan on F95.

Last edited:

Krytax123

Dec 29, 2022
Im in the middle, i think they are too slow (for their own good) in producing renders.

But im entitled to nothing and its always the devs decision and their circumstances vary, maybe they dont even try to make it the biggest possible financial success and have other jobs to earn their money.

Its their game and every decision about the development speed and whatever are their buisness decisions. Players can be unhappy about that and stop their support or not, what pirates think doesnt affect the devs at all lol

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
Given that's never happened even once with Summer Heat, seems like a weak argument. I'm fine with waiting on a good VN because there's plenty of other shit to do in my life to keep me occupied. Fuck, there's even plenty of other VNs to try in the interim, so I'd rather a developer work at their own pace and make a product that they're satisfied with.

I do really feel bad for people who's life revolves around these VNs though. For those types, I'm sure the wait is agonizing so it's all they can do to bitch and moan on F95.
I'm not speaking of this VN in particular, but in a general way. Of course the example I gave was extreme, but I mean you may be fine with XXX renders a year but why can't someone expect more? Too much time between update and one may lose interest. It's different for everyone though

If you're not paying for it...wtf is it to you? If you are...then you have the choice to continue or cancel.
Maybe it prevents me from paying? Imagine if everybody would have the same feeling and canceled? It's good that we don't all have the same expectations, and it may vary from game to game.

Some games are set for decades if not abandoned beforehand, unless their story is way shorter than expected.

Jericho85

Apr 25, 2022
I'm not speaking of this VN in particular, but in a general way. Of course the example I gave was extreme, but I mean you may be fine with XXX renders a year but why can't someone expect more? Too much time between update and one may lose interest. It's different for everyone though

Maybe it prevents me from paying? Imagine if everybody would have the same feeling and canceled? It's good that we don't all have the same expectations, and it may vary from game to game.

Some games are set for decades if not abandoned beforehand, unless their story is way shorter than expected.
I mean if that's you're opinion that's fine, but I personally don't understand why it's worth wasting brain cells on setting personal expectations on what a dev should do or how quickly they should do it. There are a lot of variables that go into making these things and as the audience, I'll be the first to admit that I really don't understand all this shit these guys do behind the scenes to make this kind of quality work because I've never done it myself. Nor do I know anything about their personal lives.

So I'm personally not going to set any expectations on how long it should take to do finish an update. The only thing that matters to me is are the results and whether I like the update... and this dev hasn't disappointed me yet. I love these characters and the renders in Summer Heat have raised the bar in the business, IMO.

4.60 star(s) 328 Votes