4.60 star(s) 304 Votes

link18

Sep 28, 2018
let's get this shit strait The game was and still is good the new update not so much (it kinda feels like a filler but hey I'm still watching One Piece so why complain :HideThePain:), from every misstep, we learn, I hope Northpx will take the feedback and release a better update that moves the story forward next time

Reactions: anon2069

slick97

Dec 2, 2021
I've been keeping an eye on this game since v0.2 since the renders and sound design are some of the best. However, I noticed that the devs seem to be in that Dunning Kruger zone in terms of writing competency.

For example: in v0.5 we learn a bit more about Sophie and Bree's backstory which partially explains why they take an immediate interest in us. This honestly is an effective method for fast tracking romances when you don't want to resort to the proper build-up, but that shouldn't result in a day 1 "I'm want to fuck you" mentality.

Kate is another example in that she has a well written backstory regarding her desire to be a parent and - what I assume to be - is an inability to conceive (or something similar). This provides plausible reasoning into why she became an alcoholic and also has an immediate interest in us. But, just like Sophie and Bree, this shouldn't translate to a day 1 "I want to fuck you".

The point I'm trying to make is that the devs seem averse to letting mundane relationship building happen off screen while focusing on major events. This also seems to be the cause of the constant detours with Miller, which try to make use of the time progression in what the devs believe is a meaningful way. However, it just breaks up the pacing and removes any agency we might have as the player (a huge pet peeve of mine).

With the long winded ranting out of the way... I think this game is probably going to sit on the backlog for me for awhile until a few more updates are released.

TonyMurray

Formerly 'mintymuz'
Apr 8, 2024
for the life of me i can't find the hidden ch6 image anyone got an idea?
On the wooden bridge when you go into the forest with Sophie. Someone posted an image of the location yesterday (given how busy the thread has been though, that's probably several pages back by now - a search should hopefully find it though).

garmander

Aug 15, 2020
Anyone else feel a sense of whiplash from how short this update felt? The ending had nothing satisfying about it- just a very stark stop in the middle of the story and a "end of update, save here" generic screen. Nothing major or significant really even happened in terms of story or character progression either aside from
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
which is most definitely going to be retconned in the immediate future.

TonyMurray

Formerly 'mintymuz'
Apr 8, 2024
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
which is most definitely going to be retconned in the immediate future.
For my money, either Miller (or Lainey) will "persuade" Kate to rollback that decision, or Kate will get horny enough for MC that she'll rollback that decision, or MC will leave after the three days but that will be the end of the game - given the update schedule, that could be in something like six updates' time, so there's plenty of distance between now and then...

4.60 star(s) 304 Votes