Ren'Py Summer MC: That Time I Found a Magic Hypno Book [v0.14] [Hypnoink]

3.90 star(s) 16 Votes

HypnoInk

Game Developer
Dec 2, 2018
Ummm.... There's one thing that it keeps haunting me
Why tha hell all devs say "Old saves won't work anymore"?!
Commonly because of changes to variable names or upgrading to new RENPY engine versions.
Yes precisely that, in this case is because I changed the variable that saves the player's name so that it would show properly in the replays. That and I changed the location of some scripts in order to keep it more organized.

Reactions: leloil

HypnoInk

Game Developer
Dec 2, 2018
HypnoInk will you plan to add romance-love later in the game or the game always will be about corruption and hypnosis and no loving relationship with the girls?
Mmm I haven't really thought about it, maybe when there's "endings" I could implement it more. But for now it's not something I have planned.

HypnoInk

Game Developer
Dec 2, 2018
Nice start, the girls are cute and while the concept is hardly original it seems to be implemented well enough. I'm curious how the girls having two stats will work, like if we focus one over the other how will things go differently? One thing that would be better with Tamako IMO is that when she says that we're not her real master, we ought to push that her old master is gone now and that we are her new master so we are her master. Also it seems grindy, the threshold for triggering her scenes seems pretty high.
Thank you! For now the stats are used to unlock different scenes or sometimes both are needed to progress, so it's not like you could just focus on one and develop the story different. Canonically you need both love and corruption for the spell to work properly.

And is it really that high? I thought it wasn't that grindy, though I could rework it I see it being an issue. I also want to implement different events that help you improve the stats faster, like the dedicated corruption training!

HypnoInk

Game Developer
Dec 2, 2018
the update is nice, but the blowjob is a little too far, it's like she's kind of just touching the tip and backing off, it's a bit weird
Yeahh... I noticed too but if I tried to make it closer it would clip through the skin and overall look weird. I'll see if I can improve it.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Thank you! For now the stats are used to unlock different scenes or sometimes both are needed to progress, so it's not like you could just focus on one and develop the story different. Canonically you need both love and corruption for the spell to work properly.
That makes them kind of superfluous though. I think it might be interesting to make it so they are both required, but developing one higher than the other changes the direction she goes in.
For example it could be that if love is higher then as she progresses her slave self starts to bleed through to her waking self and she gets more loving and submissive until she ends up awake and aware that she's our slave and loving it.
Corruption on the other hand could have her slave self consuming her waking self and she gets more passive and submissive until she ends up in her mindless zombie state permanently (but able to fake it and pretend to be the old her when she needs to interact with other people, of course).
And is it really that high? I thought it wasn't that grindy, though I could rework it I see it being an issue. I also want to implement different events that help you improve the stats faster, like the dedicated corruption training!
Well the game isn't exactly forthcoming with what levels are needed to unlock the next scene (that would be a good thing to add to the character status screen), but Tamako's scenes only triggered for me when her love was in the 20s, and given that each interaction only gives 1 love point and there are only two of them, that means doing the exact same thing half a dozen times. You could lower the requirements or add more variety in the events so it isn't just the same thing over and over. A rule of thumb in balancing a sandbox is to aim for the requirements for each stage to be roughly equal to what you get for doing each thing one or two times.

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
This is great. I love what is available so far and am looking forwards to seeing more
That makes them kind of superfluous though. I think it might be interesting to make it so they are both required, but developing one higher than the other changes the direction she goes in.
I personally disagree. I like the idea this dev had where the stats build up on each other. Love makes it easier to build up magical corruption, magical corruption helps build up love. This is a harmonious system design I can get behind.

Also if there is a "love" and "corruption" route both tend to be too extreme. On the other hand this hybrid route of love and corruption together seems to be very pleasant and fluffy despite being mind control

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: HypnoInk

HypnoInk

Game Developer
Dec 2, 2018
The new update, v0.5, has been released for patrons over on ! Public in one week.

Sorry for the delay!

Reactions: kinglionheart

thevoid089

Forum Fanatic
Jan 29, 2020
Nice! New update got release, can't wait to download and check out the new content
Edit: Links all got updated now, apology for the inconvenience

Last edited:

shadowsynn

Nov 11, 2018
I think I'll wait for several more version updates before playing this again. At least until the tags expand to include vaginal sex. Nothing against the game as it is now, just handjobs and blowjobs don't do much for me. The corruption elements have kept me going so far but I need a little more so I'll wait. Keep up the good work.

3.90 star(s) 16 Votes