4.20 star(s) 142 Votes

Deleted member 3006697

Compressor
Oct 30, 2020
But don't you only need 65 points with Cassie now? When the new chapter came out it was indispensable to follow Cassie, but if the points are only those, you get them without the need to follow her in the store.
Nah dude
You still need to talk to her in the shop and have love talk with her on day 4 in parents bedroom
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: m0us3r

sorco2003

Sep 3, 2020
Nah dude
You still need to talk to her in the shop and have love talk with her on day 4 in parents bedroom
Very well, it is a good solution to add it as a key moment. I remember the first time I played it, I had accumulated 68 points without the need to talk to Cassie in the shop.

NeimadFR

Donor
Jul 1, 2017
Holy smokes, actual banger of the game, i love it. Just did the one ending
, gonna try more.. good job to The Naughty Captain.
Refreshing to finally see someone who doesn't get mad when getting the bad ending, though brutal it's a very important ending to hammer home the idea that our actions have consequences.

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
Thank you for the walkthrough. Please correct it by adding in the beginning and at the beginning of the 3rd day that it's crucial (in order to avoid early bad ending) on the Eve + Cassie path to choose to speak with Cassie in the shop (3rd day). Otherwise you wouldn't have the choice "I’ll tell you everything" in the morning of Day 5.
But I did it.

It's written: "- Cassie [KEY CHOICE: you must choose it if you pursue the dual love route]"

Last edited:

m0us3r

Nov 28, 2020
But I did it.

It's written: "- Cassie [KEY CHOICE: you must choose it if you pursue the dual love route]"
Yes, sorry I didn't see it immediately.

Still, in the preface you have mentioned that the bad ending happens due to a "wrong" choice at the start of Day 5, so I went to look right there, not reading the rest (as I already passed all the way without walkthroughs).

So would you please add the notice to the preface and maybe to the beginnings of Day 3 & 4 that not just Day 5 choice, but also two other choices matter for that:

* talk to Cassie in the shop, Day 3.
* Have a talk with her about love at Day 4: ep4sflovetalked

Thank you.

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
Yes, sorry I didn't see it immediately.

Still, in the preface you have mentioned that the bad ending happens due to a "wrong" choice at the start of Day 5, so I went to look right there, not reading the rest (as I already passed all the way without walkthroughs).

So would you please add the notice to the preface and maybe to the beginnings of Day 3 & 4 that not just Day 5 choice, but also two other choices matter for that:

* talk to Cassie in the shop, Day 3.
* Have a talk with her about love at Day 4: ep4sflovetalked

Thank you.
Well, no.

I wrote:

"Most importantly, during the gameplay you will have to make some key choices that will trigger different game paths regarding the girls (Eve, Cassie and Kelly). There are a few choices that will make you drop out of the path you were in, too."

then I wrote:

"keep in mind that [...] in order to enter/keep each path you must trigger its key choices and score points"

and finally:

"I didn’t write the hate asshole path. Just play hate hero and screw everything. If you really need to watch everything, of course. Wanna see the infamous early bad ending? Play the dual love path and make a mistake in day 5."

meaning: if you really need to watch the infamous early bad ending just play the dual love path and make a mistake in day 5.

I guess I'll rewrite this paragraph ;)

Reactions: m0us3r

NeimadFR

Donor
Jul 1, 2017
Well, no.

I wrote:

"Most importantly, during the gameplay you will have to make some key choices that will trigger different game paths regarding the girls (Eve, Cassie and Kelly). There are a few choices that will make you drop out of the path you were in, too."

then I wrote:

"keep in mind that [...] in order to enter/keep each path you must trigger its key choices and score points"

and finally:

"I didn’t write the hate asshole path. Just play hate hero and screw everything. If you really need to watch everything, of course. Wanna see the infamous early bad ending? Play the dual love path and make a mistake in day 5."

meaning: if you really need to watch the infamous early bad ending just play the dual love path and make a mistake in day 5.

To be fair, it's not a mistake if it's on purpose. ;)
You could phrase it "purposefully choose a wrong answer on day 5"

m0us3r

Nov 28, 2020

OK! ;)

To be fair, it's not a mistake if it's on purpose. ;)
You could phrase it "purposefully choose a wrong answer on day 5"
Well, you don't need to dig deep to get the bad ending, it's almost railroaded. And what I looked for in the walkthrough was how to avoid it. As most people prolly.

GTBALL_BALLY

Unknown User
Apr 5, 2020

Dev Update #88

The work on scene 2 is finished and the script has been sent to my proofreader.
I've written and rewritten Scene 3. For now, it's about 3900 words long. I have a couple more ideas I may be adding in while I pose the scene but it won't change the word count by much.
I'll have to create several new characters and location for Day 6.
The girl you can see in the illustration of this post is one of them.
She won't be a love interest and will have very few lines on Day 6. She's not important to the story in any way but I still wanted to flesh her out a bit. I called her Jean, and she will appear in scene 3 which I started posing. I'll have a few complex poses to put together but aside from I don't expect difficulties.
That being said I don't expect to make a particularly swift job of it. I've been told that my render per word ratio is too low and I try to correct that. The obvious way to improve that is to make more renders than in the previous chapters of Summer Scent. But there's also a couple of tricks I want to try, and I'll have to experiment a bit while posing this scene. The results may be interesting.

The vote for May's bonus renders has come to an end!
The winning suggestions are :
  • "Eve is being pinned against a wall when she just left the shower. PoV shot of a wet girl that can't wait for what is happening next.
  • "Eve and Cassie in real fancy dresses, Jack in a suit, headed to dinner/show or the like. Something classy yet sexy."
I'll do my best to render those.

The quick sum up :
  • Day 6 Part 1 will contain 13 scenes.
  • Scenes 1 to 3 are written.
  • Scene 1 and 2 are posed and rendered.
  • Scene 1 and 2 are coded.
  • 11 875 words, 1801 lines of code, 142 shots are posed, 135 are rendered.
  • 10 environments have been reworked.
  • I'm currently posing scene 3 (but it's another one!).

You can follow my progress with this

Thank you very much for your support!
The Naughty Captain

weissbrot

May 27, 2018
I feel the need to point out how awesome these weekly status reports are.

So many devs could prevent some major drama and disappointments by just doing those. Even if you have a bad week and not much progress happens it still shows you're working on it and how close we are to a new update. It just prevents those massive 'Dis gaem ded'-discussions...

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
The Naughty Captain, your game is amazing. You do a great job with dialog, and the story keeps the player on the edge of their seat, always wanting to know more. Great job.

I think the dialog heavy approach is great. I never mind more renders, but what you have is a good balance. Also, all your characters are so sexy and appealing, it is impossible to just pick one, so multiple saves are needed, which is fine.

Overall, I love your game, a lot, but I wanted to offer some constructive perspective.

For me, looking at a walkthrough, takes about 90% of the fun out of the game. It takes a natural story, where you want to play however you naturally want to, into a mechanical exercise. Just my opinion, but I know I am not alone.

Regarding all the endings, I am a bit torn. I like seeing multiple options in a story, even bad ones, though it is very emotional to watch, because it makes you want to try again and do things differently. But in your case, I think you might have over-did it a bit. It is very difficult not to get the bad end without a walkthrough if you are trying to be with Cassie and Eve. There are a couple of choices that are not at all obvious, even if you look closely at the points given for each choice.

The walkthrough is invaluable with this game, but I think having to follow a walkthrough at all takes a lot of the fun and spontaneity out of the game. Personally, I think that the game should be more "fair" and not make the player have to meticulously follow a walkthrough to get the ending they are looking for. It should be clear to the player, using logical thinking, how make choices in order to get the path they are looking for.

A few specific examples:

The choice "This morning was very difficult to handle", during Day 4, is a big one. It is not at all obvious why this is the required choice, other than looking at the walkthrough. And if you don't choose this, you are locked into the bad ending.

Another day 4 example, you have to pick "I don't accept it". The other option "If you haven't come to me last night." seems like a completely reasonable option for the path the player is looking for, and you don't find out until much later, that you are locked into a bad ending, and no way, without a walkthrough, to figure it out, at least using logic.

Also, the choices you have to make to get an Eve only or Cassie only path are not clear either. Especially the one where you have to lie about being a virgin. It isn't revealed until much later, that this will lead to the Eve only route, so without a walkthrough, or playing the game 100s of times (which isn't fun for most people), you would never know.

Like I said, I love your game, and I can't wait to play more, but I think it would be much improved if you removed or changed the "unfair" and "tricky" (from a player's perspective) choices that lead to a bad or non-clear to the player path.

If the player has to consult a walkthrough, the game has missed the mark, in my opinion.

sorco2003

Sep 3, 2020
Another day 4 example, you have to pick "I don't accept it". The other option "If you haven't come to me last night." seems like a completely reasonable option for the path the player is looking for, and you don't find out until much later, that you are locked into a bad ending, and no way, without a walkthrough, to figure it out, at least using logic.
I do not agree that blaming Eve is reasonable to pursue the throuple. On the contrary, it is only sensible to express that you do not accept what she is saying.

Reactions: MyUserName1234

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
I do not agree that blaming Eve is reasonable to pursue the throuple. On the contrary, it is only sensible to express that you do not accept what she is saying.
The full quote, is "If you haven't come to me last night, I would have come myself." This is not blaming Eve. He is saying he would have done the same thing if she hadn't.

The Naughty Captain

Game Developer
Aug 21, 2019
The Naughty Captain, your game is amazing. You do a great job with dialog, and the story keeps the player on the edge of their seat, always wanting to know more. Great job.

I think the dialog heavy approach is great. I never mind more renders, but what you have is a good balance. Also, all your characters are so sexy and appealing, it is impossible to just pick one, so multiple saves are needed, which is fine.

Overall, I love your game, a lot, but I wanted to offer some constructive perspective.

For me, looking at a walkthrough, takes about 90% of the fun out of the game. It takes a natural story, where you want to play however you naturally want to, into a mechanical exercise. Just my opinion, but I know I am not alone.

Regarding all the endings, I am a bit torn. I like seeing multiple options in a story, even bad ones, though it is very emotional to watch, because it makes you want to try again and do things differently. But in your case, I think you might have over-did it a bit. It is very difficult not to get the bad end without a walkthrough if you are trying to be with Cassie and Eve. There are a couple of choices that are not at all obvious, even if you look closely at the points given for each choice.

The walkthrough is invaluable with this game, but I think having to follow a walkthrough at all takes a lot of the fun and spontaneity out of the game. Personally, I think that the game should be more "fair" and not make the player have to meticulously follow a walkthrough to get the ending they are looking for. It should be clear to the player, using logical thinking, how make choices in order to get the path they are looking for.

A few specific examples:

The choice "This morning was very difficult to handle", during Day 4, is a big one. It is not at all obvious why this is the required choice, other than looking at the walkthrough. And if you don't choose this, you are locked into the bad ending.

Also, the choices you have to make to get an Eve only or Cassie only path are not clear either. Especially the one where you have to lie about being a virgin. It isn't revealed until much later, that this will lead to the Eve only route, so without a walkthrough, or playing the game 100s of times (which isn't fun for most people), you would never know.

Like I said, I love your game, and I can't wait to play more, but I think it would be much improved if you removed or changed the "unfair" and "tricky" (from a player's perspective) choices that lead to a bad or non-clear to the player path.

If the player has to consult a walkthrough, the game has missed the mark, in my opinion.

Well, thank you for your feedback.

Honestly, I never really considered that the use of a walkthrough would be necessary. I thought that most of the players would play like I do. Save, play, load, try something else. Seems like I was wrong on that.

The choices are logical, to me at least, because I know what every choice is supposed to mean and what happens when Jack isn't there. Most of the options that lead to a "successful" throuple path are "attitude" check. Jack isn't supposed to get in that throuple if he doesn't truly care for Cassie. Some other option gives Jack some arguments that will help in convincing Cassie. And so on.

We can agree that the name of those options may be undescriptive. That's kind of intended.

By the way, you don't have to pick both "This morning was very difficult to handle" and "I don't accept it.". Just one of these two options is necessary.

Eve only path doesn't require you to lie during the drinking game.
Engage with Eve, don't engage with Cassie. That's as simple as that.

Now, let's be clear about it: I won't change my choices design. I like it as it is.
However, I'm still considering integrating to the game some kind of "easy mode" that could point key choices.
I'm still unsure of what I'll do if I do anything, but I'm still thinking about it.

sorco2003

Sep 3, 2020
The full quote, is "If you haven't come to me last night, I would have come myself." This is not blaming Eve. He is saying he would have done the same thing if she hadn't.
When you play, this is the screen that appears,
1620079341525.png
If you are pursuing the trhouple, I see nothing reasonable in choosing the first option, the words of the MC only appear after the choice.

Reactions: MyUserName1234
4.20 star(s) 142 Votes