4.20 star(s) 142 Votes

The Naughty Captain

Game Developer
Aug 21, 2019
One thing I often wonder with some of these games. Why do they give the option to change your first name, but not your last? I've seen that with a few games and always find it odd. I'd like to change both. My last name is Archer in here it seems. Only mentioned in one scene that I remember. Doesn't matter much though.

Anyway, great game, I'm loving the characters and the story so far. Looking forward to more.
I can't talk for every game out there but in my case. I have, or had, plans for that name.
Just like with Cassie, whom I originally allowed to rename to finally remove that option. As I needed to control her name, nickname and surname for story purposes.

Seemingly every preview image has characters depicted as pensive or melancholy - very foreboding ...
Nice observation. I'll try to capture more smiles in my future preview images.

den_tiger

Feb 16, 2022
just noticed that Cassie looks like a younger version of Janet from Treasures of Nadia. I guess they're based on the same model?

The Naughty Captain

Game Developer
Aug 21, 2019
just noticed that Cassie looks like a younger version of Janet from Treasures of Nadia. I guess they're based on the same model?
No, but they share the same hair assets.
You will find a similar resemblance with Ann from Long Story Short.
The models are different, but the hairs are the same.

Reactions: Among Us

Macar

Aug 25, 2019
I can't talk for every game out there but in my case. I have, or had, plans for that name.
Just like with Cassie, whom I originally allowed to rename to finally remove that option. As I needed to control her name, nickname and surname for story purposes..
Thanks for answering! I saw in the change log that you used to be able to change Eve and Cassie's names and I was wondering why that was removed as well. If it's important for story purposes then it's not really a big deal, but it would help with immersion if I could change my last name too. I don't really care about altering other character's names though, aside from sharing the same last name with Eve.

Reactions: The Naughty Captain

sorco2003

Sep 3, 2020
Thanks for answering! I saw in the change log that you used to be able to change Eve and Cassie's names and I was wondering why that was removed as well. If it's important for story purposes then it's not really a big deal, but it would help with immersion if I could change my last name too. I don't really care about altering other character's names though, aside from sharing the same last name with Eve.
but you don't share a last name with Eve wink wink

• Haha
Reactions: Macar

DemonicN

Jul 10, 2021
Replayed most of the paths as I noticed that I didn't finish most of them, and for my surprise I loved the path where the MC doesn't go with anyone, as all of the girls have a lot of issues and placing a relationship plaster on them wouldn't fix them. In the nobody path it delved a little bit into Eve issues and that the MC still didn't really fixed the core of it with her, exactly what can be seen at the end of 0.6.1.

On the other hand the DoubleSub path delves a little bit more in the issues for Cassie or at least shows the effects of her issues.

I would have really wanted to see this game go slowly like that and see it develops from there but that wishful thinking as in the end something always needs to be sacrificed in the creation process.

BTW I saw how much unique dialog each path has, its insane and I haven't even touched the assholes paths good job to you Dev (y).

The Naughty Captain

Game Developer
Aug 21, 2019
Replayed most of the paths as I noticed that I didn't finish most of them, and for my surprise I loved the path where the MC doesn't go with anyone, as all of the girls have a lot of issues and placing a relationship plaster on them wouldn't fix them. In the nobody path it delved a little bit into Eve issues and that the MC still didn't really fixed the core of it with her, exactly what can be seen at the end of 0.6.1.

On the other hand the DoubleSub path delves a little bit more in the issues for Cassie or at least shows the effects of her issues.

I would have really wanted to see this game go slowly like that and see it develops from there but that wishful thinking as in the end something always needs to be sacrificed in the creation process.

BTW I saw how much unique dialog each path has, its insane and I haven't even touched the assholes paths good job to you Dev (y).
I try to give something unique to each path from a story point of view. I planned the different storylines so that the player will get a full view of the characters only if he plays all paths, or at least most of them. It makes me very happy when someone plays it all and put together everything.

DemonicN

Jul 10, 2021
I've consumed a very large amount of literature, both fiction and non-fiction, and have a much better grasp of human nature than I did when I was younger - my favorite stories always involve very well done characters. Summer Scent and Now & Then are my top 2 VNs because the characters are well done. By the time I played what was available in both games I really felt like I knew all the characters involved. Visual Novels give a unique way of doing this because you can play multiple paths and see a different facet, reaction, emotion, or decision from a character; most focus on the immediate impact such as a strong emotion or closing/opening options for the MC, but you are correct, Summer Scent uses that space to give characters life. It's great.

I haven't tread on the nobody path yet but now I will have to.
Yeah agree after seeing holes in people characters it immediately breaks the illusion of the story and that is something that isn't seen in Summer Scent or other high quality games. If you like well written characters I think you should try to play "Single Again" it gave me a close feeling to "Now & Then" and the story there is quite solid.

GTBALL_BALLY

Unknown User
Apr 5, 2020

Dev Update #150

The beta test is ongoing.
So far we didn't find any game-breaking bugs. Fingers crossed it stays that way. We'll keep it on the test until next Thursday, just to be safe but I'm confident we'll have cleaned most of the update by Monday.
I'm also testing a few things on the side, to see if I can add some last-minute features.
Producing an Android build is also on my task list. The size of the game is now widely beyond the 2Gb limit that is recommended for android apps. It's a bit worrying and there's nothing I can do about it, except compress images further. Which means losing quality. Which is obviously something I don't like.

The quick sum up :
  • Day 6 Part 2 will contain 8 scenes (Scenes 11 to 18).
  • Scenes 11 to 18 are written.
  • Scenes 11 to 18 are posed and rendered.
  • Scenes 11 and 18 are fully coded.
  • 28 725 words, 9158 lines of code. 893 shots are posed, rendered, post-processed and exported.
  • I'm hunting and correcting typos and bugs.

You can follow my progress with this

Thank you very much for your support!
The Naughty Captain.

sorco2003

Sep 3, 2020

Dev Update #150

So far we didn't find any game-breaking bugs. Fingers crossed it stays that way. We'll keep it on the test until next Thursday, just to be safe but I'm confident we'll have cleaned most of the update by Monday.
I'm also testing a few things on the side, to see if I can add some last-minute features.
Producing an Android build is also on my task list. The size of the game is now widely beyond the 2Gb limit that is recommended for android apps. It's a bit worrying and there's nothing I can do about it, except compress images further. Which means losing quality. Which is obviously something I don't like.

The quick sum up :
  • 28 725 words, 9158 lines of code. 893 shots are posed, rendered, post-processed and exported.

The Naughty Captain.
the desperation that comes over you when you see the light at the end of the tunnel

Xrisoner

May 23, 2021

Dev Update #150

The quick sum up :

The Naughty Captain.

Hopefully no compromising for the PC players. Doesn't matter even if it's over 5GB.

4.20 star(s) 142 Votes