4.20 star(s) 142 Votes

The Naughty Captain

Game Developer
Aug 21, 2019
Cassie is a bit of a weirdo with a few things though.
She may be even weirder in V0.3 depending on the path you've chosen. :p

Question? Does the storyline change for Summer doing the Submissive and Hate route?

Meaning is she still having rumors spread around about her being a slut? Or is actually a major one in these routes?

Reason why I asked is because during the romance route I felt sorry for her knowing that she was falsely "slut shamed" and no one believed her not even her family.
Yes, and no.
I don't want to spoil anything but, whatever path you take, it will be essentially the same story. Your choices will allow you to have different events that you may be able to resolve differently, ultimately leading to different endings.
There will be several endings, from good to bad, from happy to sad, from better to worse.

erkper

May 16, 2018
Yes, and no.
I don't want to spoil anything but, whatever path you take, it will be essentially the same story. Your choices will allow you to have different events that you may be able to resolve differently, ultimately leading to different endings.
There will be several endings, from good to bad, from happy to sad, from better to worse.
Holy shit, we get married?

UnoriginalUserName

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2017
Reactions: The Naughty Captain

MoreLinks

Jul 27, 2018
Game seems nice so far. The moments between MC and the sister seem more genuine and heartfelt than a lot of other adult games. Like the hug in her room and the movie at the end. And you better believe I choked the salmon down and told her it was fine. Normally I like choosing snarky or quippy replies, but I appreciate the chance to just be serious and sweet to her.

Though I don't know what I think about the club guys plot. Hope it doesn't get too heavy.

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018

Here is a quick update on the development of V0.3

Scenes 1,2 and 3 are fully written, rendered and coded.

Scene 4 is fully written and coded, and I'm currently working on the renders. I hope to finish the posing today.

I already have 65 renders and 600 lines of code and dialogue, for the first three scenes. If I keep going on like that, v0.3 will probably be much larger than v0.2 in every way.

I'm going back to work.

Thank you!
1572403088750.png

Meridian

Jan 24, 2018
Damn the game started so well, it was kinda obvious that rumours werent true and I was curious how things will turn out. But then that kitchen talk with Cassie happens. Never saw something that can kill the mood so quickly. Guilt trip me some more and break my nose too please. Scenes like that can work only if players consciously choose to be asshole to sister. Going off like that for something that happens before game even starts will only piss people off. Totally lost interest in Cassie after that but game forces her into you anyway, this sucks.

Last edited:
Reactions: Grimmiger

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018

I've lost a lot of time on the renders for the fourth scene.

First, the lighting was bad and simply disgusting (as I should have expected from light bouncing on pink and red walls).

Second, I encountered some strange iray bugs that turned my skin shaders darker. I finally managed to find a solution but I'm still not 100% happy with the result.

And third, Cassie's new outfit is a pain in the ass. I can't render it correctly without disabling the denoiser. As a consequence, I had to triple rendering time in order to maintain a reasonably low amount of noise.

I can't afford to lose more time on this matter if I want to produce a consistent release for the 15th of November.

At least it wasn't totally worthless as I feel like I learned a couple things that will surely be useful in the future.

Scene 5 is written and coded, posing is almost done.

V0.3

112 renders

1470 lines of dialogues and code

Godspeed !

1572661047599.png

The Naughty Captain

Game Developer
Aug 21, 2019
Damn the game started so well, it was kinda obvious that rumours werent true and I was curious how things will turn out. But then that kitchen talk with Cassie happens. Never saw something that can kill the mood so quickly. Guilt trip me some more and break my nose too please. Scenes like that can work only if players consciously choose to be asshole to sister. Going off like that for something that happens before game even starts will only piss people off. Totally lost interest in Cassie after that but game forces her into you anyway, this sucks.
Most of the negative comments I have read so far are about that breakfast talk with Cassie.
I'm thinking of rewriting it in a future update. Making Cassie a little less angry and explanations a bit less blunt.
I'm also thinking of giving the player the choice to be a total asshole and tell Cassie to go fuck herself (with consequences ).

Cooling Prob

Mar 7, 2019
Most of the negative comments I have read so far are about that breakfast talk with Cassie.
I'm thinking of rewriting it in a future update. Making Cassie a little less angry and explanations a bit less blunt.
I'm also thinking of giving the player the choice to be a total asshole and tell Cassie to go fuck herself (with consequences ).
Just a little maybe or don't change a thing because one of the best things in great games is the make ups and the I'm sorry scenes ;)
Can you just imagine Isabella from Being A DIK apologizing whole heatedly to the MC for being so grumpy. That's apology sex I want to see fa show :eek:

Last edited:
Reactions: UnoriginalUserName

UnoriginalUserName

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2017
Just a little maybe or don't change a thing because one of the best things in great games is the make ups and the I'm sorry scenes ;)
And the choking down badly cooked food because you've been a total shitheel of a brother, and god damn it, she deserves some wins scenes. Salt ftw!

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018

What is done :

Scenes 1 to 7 are written, rendered and coded.

Scene 8 is written and coded, rendering is ongoing.

Scene 9 and 10 are almost written and the rendering should be easy. I think I can have them fully done by the end of the weekend.

For now, V0.3 contains 2000 lines of code and dialogue and 155 renders.

What remains to be done :

I still have 7 more scenes to add, 6 of them being "Conclusion scenes", one for each path, and I'm pretty sure that the posing will be complex and time-consuming.

My plan was to release V0.3 for the 15th of November but I'm pretty sure I won't make it in time. I'll need at least another week, if not two, in order to finish this version. And furthermore, if I'm being honest, each future version will probably demand more and more time to produce.

I think it's a problem. I can't ask for your support each month if I don't give you something back.

I thought of a way of solving that problem :

I'll keep making clean releases only when the "day" is done. That can lead to a month without release. In that case, I can release a WIP build, aka build with an unfinished storyline, missing renders, no post-processing, bugs, etc.
This WIP build will probably be very messy but at least you will be able to see what I'm working on.

Let me know what you think about it.

Thank you!
1573171399618.png

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
On the monthly releases, IMO don't worry about it. Most of the good games here aren't on monthly schedules they're on "whenever its done" schedules. Releasing incomplete builds probably isn't the best idea, they'll get leaked and since people here don't know how to read it'll lead to a bunch of whining.

UnoriginalUserName

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2017
I agree with jamdan, don't pigeonhole yourself into a set release schedule if your workload doesn't allow for it, all you'll do is annoy people.
A completion % update post every week or 2 might be your best bet, just so people know you're still working on it, and then release it when the build is ready.

Whatever you decide, I'd suggest proper "transparency" when it comes to issues or delays or whatever. If you fall down the stairs and break your arms, people will understand as long as you have a good track record. If you try telling your patrons that your mother died for the 3rd time...not so much (and yes, I've actually seen that).

4.20 star(s) 142 Votes