Summer Vacation! Scrambled [ ILLGAMES ] サマバケ!すくらんぶる

3.60 star(s) 8 Votes
Sep 3, 2019
I hope modders can work their miracles and defeat any encryption and obfuscation on the game files. Looking back, in order to mod past Illusion games, modder have to work their ass HARD to understand the games file structure (because past Illusion games are using propriate game engine). Some very talented modder even created application to load and show 3d characters, which then evolved to Illusionmods compilation. Now you can directly export 3d mesh to commercial 3d apps and it's much easier to edit texture. New Illusion games are now using commercial game engine, so we don't have to worried about the games file structure or file types, but new modders now have challenge to defeat the encryption and obfuscation this new iteration of Illusion games seems to have.

The cycle is repeating, new games, new people, new challenges, but our love (and hate) for Illusion's games has never been any weaker!

I never have anything but respect for Illusion games modder, past and present. They carry the whole community hopes and joy with them. I hope new generation of of modder can overcame this challenge.

Reactions: whoactuallycares

Nymph Hunter

Jan 7, 2020
not sure it's anti tamer or just consequence of cleaning memory bug since other mod do work fine like culture change

so step is il2cpp code do decrypt metadata, mange memory and core code of game
and normally we do not know how decrypt encrypt work
we just know where the game store decryptdata (since it have to use later)
thing to do is just copy that part
so cryptographic security no problem with it.

but thing is not over yet
the decrypt data was obfuscated data so this real problem
since it's have to rearrange to normal unity metadata

so the thing is to decrypt it to make the mod will work
and skip(patch) the bad code that break mod

and yes they do the thing that harder to mod and may do harder in next paid dlc or next game
They obfuscated the code but what about method parameters? It still has to send those to the engine, and the engine isn't going to take Transform in obfuscated form. So whatever is exposed to editor API must be accessible somehow.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Shadowclonezero

CryingTenshi

Oct 2, 2018
how..? This is literally the only IllusionGames game that has ANY gameplay at all since AA2
i am not talking about the many interaction but that it feels more like point click RPG. haven't played AA2 so maybe your right,
Each to their own, Graphics big plus imo.

Nowaru

Nov 8, 2017
Wow, never expected the translation to progress that fast. I just updated to 1.02 and applied the patch, almost everything is translated now, down to the character creation and relationship charts. Thanks a lot to people who worked on making the game accessible so fast.

Is there anyway you've seen to keep the original card images or do you have no choice but to make new ones when saving cards that way?
It's identical to HC, if you choose to overwrite the card and not Save New, you'll have the option to either keep the original card image or take pictures for a new one.

The exception is if you load a card converted from HC, then you will have to take a new picture to save it.

Reactions: whoactuallycares

PervyJetro

Apr 24, 2019
Wow, never expected the translation to progress that fast. I just updated to 1.02 and applied the patch, almost everything is translated now, down to the character creation and relationship charts.
What translation file did you use?

kazetsura

Apr 12, 2018
i'd say wait for STN repack to not have any sorts of issues since translations aren't done still, otherwise wait for the person who posted the 1.0.2 TL to reupload it to a different filehosting website

kazetsura

Apr 12, 2018
how do we update the game?
plus the translations
there's a link to where to dl the update, which is at page 73, as for how to install it, simply run exe, select a folder to where it'll extract the update, wait for it to finish, go to the folder where you extracted it, run update.exe with locale remulator and just hit the button to the left, and done

deaknaew

Jul 22, 2021
They obfuscated the code but what about method parameters? It still has to send those to the engine, and the engine isn't going to take Transform in obfuscated form. So whatever is exposed to editor API must be accessible somehow.
obfuscated header of global-metadata since normally of global-header from 0x0 to 0x100 will be header of unity but it has been 0x27c byte with random loacation of header pointer

Claireity

Mar 9, 2019
Kudos to the translators for their hard work! I'm sure it was no easy task with all the hurdles the game threw in your way. We're one step closer to cracking the game's bizarre resistance to modding.

3.60 star(s) 8 Votes