BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
I'm not surprised you couldn't find it. Ocean wrote that he made 1350 renders and 310 are waiting for a render. After 1.5 months, he writes that he made 1700 renders. It turns out that he rendered the remaining 310 in a day and the remaining month and a half he did nothing.
Nah, no conspiracy. Animations also take time. He has been working on office things getting music licensed, because that's a thing, emails back and forth, which is boring and not very exciting to say "hey I spent time emailing people about music". And then post work, sticking the renders to the text, making sure the renders flow with the text, transitions.

Renders aren't the only thing, just one of the more time consuming. Other than animations. The animation render count almost certainly refers to static renders. It's very common for there to be a list of static renders and then animations, and how many static frames make up a second of animation? 60 these days I think for high res.

Reactions: hellomate1

scooman

Oct 8, 2022
It's really hard to comment this and not sound offensive. Excuse me, but don't you think that someone who is relaxed and does not bother would not write a post and announce to others about his departure? I can hardly imagine a person who is happy and relaxed, lazily scrolling through the forums and suddenly he/she is like this: "Damn! I have to write a post about Summer's Gone being developed too slow, I must inform everyone that I won't be playing it!" Sorry again, but whatever you've meant, your post leaves such an impression.

About self-proclaimed local project managers and their ETAs. You know, when I read a thread of a more or less interesting and worthwhile game, I always hear that mournful howl from the swamps, which sounds louder than anything else. Let me show excerpts from some of the threads I follow. There is a lot more of similar bullshit, but finding and inserting it here is boring as fuck.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
If that kind of dull whining keeps you from enjoying great games even if they're not finished, even if they've been in development for a long time, well, that's your decision and your choice. You are free to play whatever you like. I just want to note that if the Ocean fails to realize all his plans, then even what he has already done is quite enough for the completed first season of a large VN project with an extremely high level of graphics, plot and characters development.

By the way, judging by your profile picture and signature, you're no stranger to BaDIK :) There was a recent discussion in the main thread about how long it would take to finish the game. It seems like the most of the people agreed that it would take another six or seven years? What was the final verdict of the thread? You won't play until the final version comes out, right? :p

Thank you in advance for reading my completely relaxed and totally not concerned ramblings. ;)
Great that you put so much effort in your, for sure, very intelligent analystic thoughts about me, my post and whatever else you wrote. Looks like you really did not understand very well what i meant when you react like this. To much readimg between the lines i think.

But thats ok. and i am sorry to tell you that i stopped reading somewhere by line 3 maybe 4.

i am very relaxed, even if someone thinks he can judge me without knowing me, and i really dont care if this game will ever be finished or not. It was just some thoughts i had after reading the posts before. Nothing more. i did not expect that someone put so much in this harmless post. As i said. what i mean and others understand is not always the same.

Ask yourself if you are relaxed if you spent so much time in writing a whole roman just because someone shared his thoughts without anything bad or whatever in mind. And I was for sure not complaining. That would sound different.

so and now is this topic closed for me because its out of topic and not the right place for sensless discussions.

Last edited:
  • Hey there
Reactions: yossa999

m111m123

May 31, 2022
Nah, no conspiracy. Animations also take time. He has been working on office things getting music licensed, because that's a thing, emails back and forth, which is boring and not very exciting to say "hey I spent time emailing people about music". And then post work, sticking the renders to the text, making sure the renders flow with the text, transitions.
I think you didn't read the evidence I copied from the haters? If you read Ocean's post you would know that he is going to set up 450 renders by the end of chapter 5. It turns out that the haters rely on the words of Ocean and you rely on your fantasies and conjectures. Haters 1-0 BobTheDuck. If you want I can send you another theory from the haters regarding the workstation and rendering where Ocean exposed himself.
ps. I also could not defeat the haters, the current that you have not lost to them alone.

Last edited:

SlLePER

Dec 30, 2017
Edit: I honestly can't tell what is the problem the people have with this. I don't want to stare at an overdone splashscreen so I simplified it. The warning is still present but can be clicked away in 0.1 s instead of taking up five. I don't appreciate the over the top "sex gallery" so I removed it. If you are not interested, don't download the file?

There are tags that tag content but I do appreciate that there is warning in the game about no sexual content. One warning to be exact that does not take up several seconds on launch.

It probably shouldn't irritate me as much as it does but I made a mod that simplifies the warning.

Features:
  • Shortened splash screen
  • Replaces sex gallery with screen that simply says nothing here yet.

To install just place the contents of the archive in the game folder.

Last edited:

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
I think you didn't read the evidence I copied from the haters? If you read Ocean's post you would know that he is going to set up 450 renders by the end of chapter 5. It turns out that the haters rely on the words of Ocean and you rely on your fantasies and conjectures. Haters 1-0 BobTheDuck. If you want I can send you another theory from the haters regarding the workstation and rendering where Ocean exposed himself.
So from dev log 7 (which you didn't link, you just misquoted):
"SG is around 1350 rendered images in. SG has 310 renders left in the queue, and I'd say around 450 renders are left to set up for the update to finish. (Chapter 5.)"

This meant at that point, 1350 were rendered, 310 were in the queue to be rendered and he had 450 renders to actually create (ie place the models, decide the lighting etc). What is really showing is your naivety about the process.

After that, the renders still need to be placed in the game, music needs to be laid, transitions etc. Ocean also is making a guess as to how many more renders are needed, but give or take. Anyway, there is more work involved than just renders, this is not conjecture. The pictures don't stitch themselves together seamlessly to change between different routes and choices, the overlays need to be tested, new variables need to trigger when advancing scenes. If you don't realise that, well, have fun blueballin yourself with theories.

A thirty second animation is 1800 renders at 60fps btw unless it is looped or at lower res as far as I know. If we assume 30, it's still a lot. I'm pretty sure there will be some relatively epic cliffhanger animation at the end of chapter 5 full, because you gotta leave even the haters wanting more ...to hate? I guess? Haters are just jilted anyway.

Who exactly are you saving with all your theories? What catastrophes are prevented? There's plenty of other options on this site while we wait, so I don't see how any of us are inconvenienced. This is just the internet, and we should both probably go outside and be constructive.

m111m123

May 31, 2022
This meant at that point, 1350 were rendered, 310 were in the queue to be rendered and he had 450 renders to actually create (ie place the models, decide the lighting etc). What is really showing is your naivety about the process.

After that, the renders still need to be placed in the game, music needs to be laid, transitions etc. Ocean also is making a guess as to how many more renders are needed, but give or take. Anyway, there is more work involved than just renders, this is not conjecture. The pictures don't stitch themselves together seamlessly to change between different routes and choices, the overlays need to be tested, new variables need to trigger when advancing scenes. If you don't realise that, well, have fun blueballin yourself with theories.

A thirty second animation is 1800 renders at 60fps btw unless it is looped or at lower res as far as I know. If we assume 30, it's still a lot. I'm pretty sure there will be some relatively epic cliffhanger animation at the end of chapter 5 full, because you gotta leave even the haters wanting more ...to hate? I guess? Haters are just jilted anyway.
310 which are queued for rendering as I said, 450 renders are waiting for adjustments as I said. So why are you lying and twisting words? Only Ocean did not take these 450 frames and did nothing instead, he wrote about it himself. On one side are people who repeat Ocean's words, on the other side you stand and pass off your fantasies as reality. Will your words be backed up by Ocean's so that I or someone else can believe you?
Can you try to explain where does the 30 second animation 60fps? Only big studios shoot at 60 fps and very rarely do they use it as an advertisement. For example, to sell people again a film that they sold a month earlier only at 60 fps. There is an old trick ..... at a speed of 14 fps for the human eye, all frames merge and a video is obtained. Therefore, who knows, this trick is rendered at a speed of 15-16 fps, and who does not know, it is rendered at 30 fps. As for Ocean, he does not have smooth animations, I would suggest that he does them at a speed of 10 fps or less, maybe even 8 fps.

Last edited:

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
So from dev log 7 (which you didn't link, you just misquoted):
"SG is around 1350 rendered images in. SG has 310 renders left in the queue, and I'd say around 450 renders are left to set up for the update to finish. (Chapter 5.)"

A thirty second animation is 1800 renders at 60fps btw unless it is looped or at lower res as far as I know. If we assume 30, it's still a lot. I'm pretty sure there will be some relatively epic cliffhanger animation at the end of chapter 5 full, because you gotta leave even the haters wanting more ...to hate? I guess? Haters are just jilted anyway. Indifference is the opposite.

Who exactly are you saving with all your theories? What catastrophes are prevented? There's plenty of other options while we wait, so I don't see how any of us are inconvenienced. This is just the internet, and we should both probably go outside and be constructive.
310 which are queued for rendering as I said, 450 renders are waiting for adjustments as I said. So why are you lying and twisting words? Only Ocean did not take these 450 frames and did nothing instead, he wrote about it himself. On one side are people who repeat Ocean's words, on the other side you stand and pass off your fantasies as reality. Will your words be backed up by Ocean's so that I or someone else can believe you?
Can you try to explain where does the 30 second animation 60fps? Only big studios shoot at 60 fps and very rarely do they use it as an advertisement. For example, to sell people again a film that they sold a month earlier only at 60 fps. There is an old trick ..... at a speed of 14 fps for the human eye, all frames merge and a video is obtained. Therefore, who knows, this trick is rendered at a speed of 15-16 fps, and who does not know, it is rendered at 30 fps. As for Ocean, he does not have smooth animations, I would suggest that he does them at a speed of 10 fps or less, maybe even 8 fps.
The point is the animations are extra renders, and if there are 310 renders in the cue, and 450 still being positioned and shot, Ocean isn't doing nothing, Ocean is working on the scenes yet to be made. That is the creative part, positioning the models, setting the light sources etc. SOme scenes are bigger or more critical than others, and Ocean might spend longer on lighting. It's none of my business how long Ocean takes to be happy with a scene before it's ready to render.

All you are doing is inferring nothing is going on simply because you have no idea how long it takes for a dev to stage a scene for a render, you've made a flimsy calculation based on a number of renders. You'd better buy a ticket to Germany and stand over Ocean's shoulder to explain when its okay to have a toilet break, sleep or answer email.

Regards the animations, sure they might be low frame rates. I haven't checked. There's still a tone of renders for each animation. 30 at 10 frames is still 300 renders.

Feel free to keep replying and winding yourself up over a non-event. There is no conspiracy no matter how hard you try to make one out of these numbers, because there is far more work than just render counting. I don't know why you are so obsessed by the number of renders - the number of renders does not equal the amount of work to be done. That is a very very simple equation. I'm going to stop feeding these thoughts though, it's really boring going in these circles. You do you.

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
Not sure why you change her but she was a very beautiful girl and the new version looks okay but the old one was a lot hotter imo.
I thought the original Vanessa was more attractive. The new Vanessa feels more aloof, and the heterochromia adds to the sense that she is different than the rest of us commoners. :)

I do have to pass on the obligatory butt plug to date her.

I also think that Vanessa was voted 'girl most likely to peg her guy' and that is an Absolute no go for my MC!!

• Haha
Reactions: Sleepy666

Sasanid

Jan 1, 2019
I thought the original Vanessa was more attractive. The new Vanessa feels more aloof, and the heterochromia adds to the sense that she is different than the rest of us commoners. :)

I do have to pass on the obligatory butt plug to date her.

I also think that Vanessa was voted 'girl most likely to peg her guy' and that is an Absolute no go for my MC!!
I mean, it depends on the choices you make, but Bella has a Dom route too. If you don't want to get involved in their Dom tendencies, you still can have a 'regular' relationship with them. I know that looking at Vanessa (the remade one, didn't play SG with the older one), for me, the mystery/attraction is there, and I sure won't let her have her control the MC.

Reactions: PaxHadrian17
Sep 3, 2020
I'm going to disagree with you - crapping on a dev and/or his creation just to stir up shit while you hide amidst the anonymity of a pirate site is lame, at best.

Specifically - The lack of activity for 15 months and No activity ANYWHERE else on F95 makes me think this is one of multiple alt accounts that were created so you could whine and complain in anonymity.

You created your id in May 2022 and the First time you decide to post is in August of 2023... Really??

Your entire posting activity since you created your id is for Summers Gone and 100% of it is finding something you don't like while here taking Summers Gone for free.

View attachment 2852405

Your comment makes me think you are just here to stir up shit, in which case, your fun will start to disappear as you get put on the ignored list.

I suggest that you spend some time enjoying some of the many amazing creations here on F95.

If your issue is the lack of a completed tag, then just search for AVNs that are already finished - there are Many of them and some are absolutely top tier.

You might just enjoy some of them enough that your need to stir shit up here goes away...

Cheers! :coffee:
ocean fans be like

View attachment expose_him_V1.mp4

nobody0

Jul 26, 2019
Where do you get this bizarre notion that the human eye can't see past 14 fps? I can definitely tell the difference between 60 and 144. 14 look choppy.

4.40 star(s) 492 Votes