Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Something wicked this way comes....

SanchoMod proudly presents:
Summer's Gone Multi-Mod (Chapter 5 Beta Update)
SG_SM_Cover.png
Go get you some.
( Simply click on the banner image above )
1698552215853.png 1698552229634.png 1698552245304.png

The mod so badass it apparently can't be listed in the OP!
By request:
Includes the original Jacuzzi scene (found within SanchoGallery) and other miscellaneous scene reversions.

Changlelog:
  • Fixed every single bug I could find and reported the most critical ones to the dev directly.
  • Fixed the dev's missing images and wrong images during gameplay... but I didn't fix the stock gallery. Use SanchoGallery instead, that'll get you done.
  • Added missing sounds and music as necessary.
  • Reverted some old content back to their original more lewd variants. NOTE: The original full Jacuzzi scene is included inside SanchoGallery, the one shown during playthrough remains the dev's new edited version. This is intentional.
  • So many minor tweaks I can't even begin to log them all.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Please enjoy. Mod core is updated to the latest v7b with even more features. I hope you find at least one feature beneficial to your experience. Remember absolutely everything can be toggled on/off as desired and on the fly. Complete information and exhaustive previews can be found on the mod's thread (simply click the banner above). Regards and be well.

- Sancho

Last edited:

murphy88

Apr 14, 2020
Currently Ocean is resident in Germany, so avoiding the issue makes sensefor Season 1. Ocean has made some statements that suggests he might move to avoid the restictions impacting further development, but also to lower cost of living. I'm pretty certain there's nothing fishy, he's just going for the minimal changes to keep the ball rolling right now, and pushing the problems of steam down the road to when season 2 is a thing, which is realistically not tomorrow, so he has time to work out how to get around the geo block. Not everyone makes a plan with 100% knowledge of how it will turn out, he's just doing what he can to get Season 1 completed with the current restrictions. After that he has time in the next development cycle to structure a plan for lewd content.

Something that should be said (in general, not that you made a comment about it) - maintaining a patreon lewd version and a safe steam version would slow down development a lot. It's not just cutting renders. It might not be double the work, but it does require a lot extra.
Thanks for the answer, with the previous comment that you quoted me, it had already been more than clear, as it is an independent season, it will be managed independently.

But equally, that means that for this season I could have left 2 versions, one for patreon and another for steam since they are only a few renders in scenes that develop equally and did not require code change, since it does not affect the continuity of the story for season 2 and did not force him to make changes in the next season just to keep those renders, as I say, they were only a few more images...

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Something wicked this way comes....

SanchoMod proudly presents:
Summer's Gone Multi-Mod (Chapter 5 Beta Update)
View attachment 3042032
Go get you some.
( Simply click on the banner image above )
View attachment 3042034 View attachment 3042035 View attachment 3042036

The mod so badass it apparently can't be listed in the OP!

Changlelog:
  • Fixed every single bug I could find and reported the largest ones to the dev for their knowledge.
  • Fixed the dev's missing images and wrong images during gameplay... but I didn't fix his gallery. SanchoGallery will get you done.
  • Added missing sounds and music as necessary.
  • Reverted some old content back to their original more lewd variants.
  • So many minor tweaks I can't even begin to log them all.
Please enjoy. Mod core is updated to the latest v7b with even more features. I hope you find at least one feature beneficial to your experience. Remember absolutely everything can be toggled on/off as desired and on the fly. Complete information and exhaustive previews can be found on the mod's thread (simply click the banner above). Regards and be well.

- Sancho
SanchoNote

Just a reminder for those who wish to play unmodded but want to use the "patch" file... I've got your back too.

SanchoMod Unmodded Fix #1
(for those getting exception error right before the beginning of Ch5's content) here

SanchoMod Unmodded Fix #2
(for those getting exception error in Ch3 due to the phone message app not having images) here

If you want the full bugfixes and features then just use SanchoMod... I fixed even more images, sounds, and music within it and even reverted some scenes back to their original non-edited versions.

Regards.

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
Thanks for the answer, with the previous comment that you quoted me, it had already been more than clear, as it is an independent season, it will be managed independently.

But equally, that means that for this season I could have left 2 versions, one for patreon and another for steam since they are only a few renders in scenes that develop equally and did not require code change, since it does not affect the continuity of the story for season 2 and did not force him to make changes in the next season just to keep those renders, as I say, they were only a few more images...
You're right with that, but then from an overall perspective, it is probably better that Ocean doesn't manage multiple versions. There's already enough continuity problems without getting lost between which scenes a patreon saw vs a steam user. Once the branch is made, he has to codevelop all future changes until season 1 release in two separate versions, or repeatedly cut the lewds and repeatedly heal the continuity errors to do a stripped down steam version.

I'm personally not stressed, because there was nothing so essential that was cut in my opinion. If being more mainstream helps Ocean buy render farms to speed up development, I can do without a few d or v pics for now. Actual patreons can of course voice their displeasure to Ocean, but that's not me, so I'll just wait for the steam release in any case.

John972

Apr 24, 2018
The model is used in many games, more notably the MC in both Artemis and Leap of Fate.
...and William Zane i
Clearly Ocean makes the most boring and unappealing shit I have ever seen. The multiple remakes do not help his case.

Worst may be his army of simps that consider this to be some wonderpiece. With all of them doing the total on his dick in his safe space. There's zero chance that the guy will change. Can't believe ayo342 suggested in his review that more people should waste money for his endless holidays or new materials. No thanks! Keep your pigeons Ocean and milk them well. Those "slow individuals" deserve it for still supporting you after 5 years of your bullshit.
I take it you get your rocks off making smarmy comments in threads for games you don't like and have no interest in.

You don't like the game, good for you.

"Clearly Ocean makes the most boring and unappealing shit I have ever seen". ...again, good for you. However, that doesn't mean the rest of the world has to agree with you. It doesn't make those that disagree with you Simps, either.

"...milk them well." ...ahh, the usual low-rent comeback. Developers of games people don't like are automatically milkers. Developers who don't offer instant sexual gratification are automatically milkers.

If you come up with a well thought-out argument to back up your rhetoric, I might actually listen.

Multiple remakes? How about one overall remake since Ocean took back control of the game. Modifying, replacing, or deleting scenes for compliance reasons isn't remaking the game, it's modifying the game. I can think of several developers who had to modify their games due to the music licensing fiasco, and several more who had to modify their games to comply with Patreon. Those weren't remakes.

Bombmaster

May 8, 2022
I love this game so much, but I genuinely cannot find a single instance where having any sort of relationship with Nami has a good ending, even more so if you plan on pursuing Bella or someone else. Hell I don't even see a situation where someone would be fine with you dating someone else, except maybe Victoria.

And yeah, once we get the full version of chapter 5, I guess we're on another year long wait ? That's painful.
Taboo relationships have different rules, like going into a burning house.

Yes maybe Vic, Nami should be jealous as fuck when pursued. (To show her insecurities)

Larian01

Dec 18, 2022
I do enjoy the game generally, but the whole "I am master of manipulation" vibe is kinda weird.
So far, our MC is basically good at nothing. and somehow he keeps using his little "psychology tricks" aggressively for no obvious reason.
It makes me feel like that our MC is super "hypocritical".

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
I do enjoy the game generally, but the whole "I am master of manipulation" vibe is kinda weird.
So far, our MC is basically good at nothing. and somehow he keeps using his little "psychology tricks" aggressively for no obvious reason.
The funny thing is that he doesn’t even deny that he is sometimes a hypocrite, he said it directly to Mila at Vic’s house.

John972

Apr 24, 2018
The writing in this VN is terrible, the visual, technical and artistic section, along with the direction of the cameras, are excellent, but the writing is awful.

Nothing makes sense, they are basically a series of images put together, with zero context, Let's start with the title of this VN, "Summer Gone", they only talk about Summer a little in the first chapter and a little in the second, then Summer doesn't matter anymore, the stupid war of the developer with the readers, over sexual content, is another imbecility.

The music and the atmosphere are very good too, but a VN without history, without arcs, without structure, is a waste of time.
OK, the story doesn't make sense to you.

"...but a VN without history, without arcs, without structure, is a waste of time."

Dude! This VN has overlapping history in the form of another game - a prequel of sorts - WIAB!

Without arcs? Did you actually play and read the VN or just skip looking for lewds?

- Many of the main characters are revealed to be broken or traumatized and they have arcs dealing with that fact.

- The MC, Summer, and dealing with his trauma. This is ongoing. Summer comes up throughout the game. The MC has an upcoming therapy session at the cabin with Amber. The MC has resolved to ask mysterious fix-it man Emilio about Summer. The MC found Summer's cousin Elsa on social media, after running into her at a restaurant, and resolved to join the social app for that reason. In CH 5, Nia's past relationship with Summer is revealed. The game has many Summer flashbacks.

- The MC and Nami's past, both in terms of who they are (Katie Zane's interest in them and Nojiko's apparent shielding of them) and their own interpersonal relationship.

- Bella, her trauma, and her comatose sister.

-Vic's paralysis and therapy. Marla's response to causing the accident that paralyised Vic.

- The MC and Bella's revenge plots against the Holgersons and Cerils. The dynamic this has on the MC's relationship with Vanessa.

-Bella's past with members of the Ceril family.

-mysterious Sasha... there's so much going on there. Her own past and trauma, her relationship with Bella (why is she working behind the scenes to look out for Bella), her ability to be there at times when the MC needs help (walking in on the MC's fight, getting Robin to phone Marla for help, helping the MC with a panic attack, etc)

-The MC and other characters trying out for and competing at basketball. The inter-college basketball competition.

-The MC training with both Ayua and Zara in prep for basketball.

-Opposition basketball coach Genevieve Coate and her implied relationship (mother) with dwarf Damien.

-The fantasy role-playing games, both tabletop and at 'The Farm'. Both locations are stated to be mechanisms to explore fantasy sex with otherwise inaccessible characters.

-The book club and it's power dynamics, it's link to Nojiko's past that she's carefully hidden from the MC and Nami.

-The MC's romantic relationships with (so far) Bella, Nami, Victoria, and Mila (depending on choices made).

These are just story arcs that immediately come to mind. There is a lot going on, even if you don't comprehend it.

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
It's strange that people assume the MC in any game is honest with themselves, that their internal monolgue has credibility. We all lie to ourselves, we all suffer dunning-kruger to some extent, we all have methods of coping. The MC is noticeably broken, and acknowledges it. The last panic attack in this chapter really brought that home when his perception of the world faded. He's not just damaged by trauma, he has stunted development is some areas. I'm not reading it as a VN with a hero, but as an exploration of character. I really loved how Ayua rips into him near the start for playing games with Bella, and he realises he's actually trash for doing it.

Nurikabe

Feb 10, 2021
Clearly the hottest woman. Finally made that ass pop!

I think one of the possible reasons why her sister is in a coma, because of a motorcycle accident caused by Bella's father.
Maybe the dialogue in chapter 2 alludes to this?

MC: By the way... Where is your fath-
MC: Uhm, I hope this wasn't on the same level as- you know.
Bella: I hope he's dead.
I figured with Bella's response we see at their first meeting, Bella may have been responsible for her sister's death. But the dad theory makes things interesting...

Bella.jpg
Absolute top tier render quality dayum
Bella is my #2 and absolutely perfect, character and looks. As far as beautiful top tier renders go...

Last edited:

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
OK, the story doesn't make sense to you.

"...but a VN without history, without arcs, without structure, is a waste of time."

Dude! This VN has overlapping history in the form of another game - a prequel of sorts - WIAB!

Without arcs? Did you actually play and read the VN or just skip looking for lewds?

- Many of the main characters are revealed to be broken or traumatized and they have arcs dealing with that fact.

- The MC, Summer, and dealing with his trauma. This is ongoing. Summer comes up throughout the game. The MC has an upcoming therapy session at the cabin with Amber. The MC has resolved to ask mysterious fix-it man Emilio about Summer. The MC found Summer's cousin Elsa on social media, after running into her at a restaurant, and resolved to join the social app for that reason. In CH 5, Nia's past relationship with Summer is revealed. The game has many Summer flashbacks.

- The MC and Nami's past, both in terms of who they are (Katie Zane's interest in them and Nojiko's apparent shielding of them) and their own interpersonal relationship.

- Bella, her trauma, and her comatose sister.

-Vic's paralysis and therapy. Marla's response to causing the accident that paralyised Vic.

- The MC and Bella's revenge plots against the Holgersons and Cerils. The dynamic this has on the MC's relationship with Vanessa.

-Bella's past with members of the Ceril family.

-mysterious Sasha... there's so much going on there. Her own past and trauma, her relationship with Bella (why is she working behind the scenes to look out for Bella), her ability to be there at times when the MC needs help (walking in on the MC's fight, getting Robin to phone Marla for help, helping the MC with a panic attack, etc)

-The MC and other characters trying out for and competing at basketball. The inter-college basketball competition.

-The MC training with both Ayua and Zara in prep for basketball.

-Opposition basketball coach Genevieve Coate and her implied relationship (mother) with dwarf Damien.

-The fantasy role-playing games, both tabletop and at 'The Farm'. Both locations are stated to be mechanisms to explore fantasy sex with otherwise inaccessible characters.

-The book club and it's power dynamics, it's link to Nojiko's past that she's carefully hidden from the MC and Nami.

-The MC's romantic relationships with (so far) Bella, Nami, Victoria, and Mila (depending on choices made).

These are just story arcs that immediately come to mind. There is a lot going on, even if you don't comprehend it.
Thanks bro for this post, it's nice to know that someone else sees the same things in the game that I do. Exactly what I wanted to share, but was afraid to write. :)

But yeah, probably my biggest criticism of the author is that at this stage, in order to fully accept and immerse myself in his story, I need to read and remember the comments the author left on the forum or in the Discord. The content that is outside of the game. Everything else seems small, minor inconsistencies in the plot due to reworking the game, typos, coding errors, all this has little effect on the overall impression of the game, at least for me.

Sometimes I had to stop, take a deep breath and repeat to myself that this is still a work in progress, the story has not even reached the halfway point (32 chapters, huh?) And then I recall another hint from the author, that many things that are incomprehensible now will become clear much later in the plot or even acquire a completely different meaning in the context of information from later chapters. Examples of the last statement has already begun to appear in the game. What do you think now of the scene where Nojiko and Amber introducing to each other before the MC's very first therapy session, given that we know now that they knew each other long before that moment? The old hags are performing an act in front of the MC, for what reason?

Putting that aside, sometimes I feel like the guy you were responding to, I just want to scream, “What the fuck are you talking about, Ocean?” when reading some of the conversations between characters or seeing some set of disjointed scenes. But I don't do this because not every story is linear and not every addition to it contains enough information to understand it in the context of the entire story. In the first season, the author mostly scatters pieces of the puzzle, and I think he will begin to put them together into the overall picture much later. But what if... what if we knew from the start that Tyler was Edward Norton? :p

Fun Shaundi

Jun 24, 2021
Well about that, fan theory time...

The awkward look between Adriana & Sasha seem to hint at both of them being the offspring of William. And most people think so is Nika and/or Nami. So it's not entirely out of the possibility that Sasha not just knew of, but knew Nika and/or Nami from a time when they were much much younger.
I posted a few images in this thread before, a collection where Sasha is constantly looking at Nika in the background, and how it focuses in a way that it let us now she's always observing them.
There's also an scene where Sasha approaches Nami and is about to ask her about the ring, but Ayua realizes this and interrupts both of them by climbing onto Sasha's back. Of course, she's not amused by this, but it seems like Ayua was making sure she didn't tell Nami something she wasn't supposed to.

Sasha definitely knows something, the question is what and to what extent.

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
I posted a few images in this thread before, a collection where Sasha is constantly looking at Nika in the background, and how it focuses in a way that it let us now she's always observing them.
There's also an scene where Sasha approaches Nami and is about to ask her about the ring, but Ayua realizes this and interrupts both of them by climbing onto Sasha's back. Of course, she's not amused by this, but it seems like Ayua was making sure she didn't tell Nami something she wasn't supposed to.

Sasha definitely knows something, the question is what and to what extent.
Good take, I never looked at this scene from such an angle that Ayua distracted Sasha on purpose so that Sasha would not say too much to Nami or vice versa.

Reactions: Pikwhit
4.30 star(s) 503 Votes