CamSolusar

Dec 5, 2020
Trying out this game after all the great reviews I've heard. Just started and I'm excited, but I have to ask. Does the main character ever stop being such an annoying piece of shit human being? Or is that just like his vibe?

Reactions: misterx2999

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
Trying out this game after all the great reviews I've heard. Just started and I'm excited, but I have to ask. Does the main character ever stop being such an annoying piece of shit human being? Or is that just like his vibe?
One of the main directions of the game is healing according to Ocean, so presumably Nika learns to be more social, and live less in his head. The LI's will wear away his saltiness and depression. How fast that happens, we don't know. I persomally think he gets a bit more empathy over the 5 chapters we can currently play. Once Season 1 is out, it'll be worth replaying what is available so far to see if there's more to each character: Ocean's said he's expanded a few scenes and added others.

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
The MC has a completely fucked up head at the beginning of the game. However, in my opinion, he is aware of this and does not like this himself, but does not know how to fix it. Vic's accident becomes the trigger that starts the process of change for MC. He admits that he doesn't want to be who he is now.

The plot then slowly turns to the MC's healing. I think this is inevitable outcome of the main story. But at the same time, how deep the changes will be and how quickly they will happen depends on the player’s decisions. It's your choice whether your MC is a slightly rude and edgy dude who would do anything for his friends and loved ones, or a selfish, manipulative asshole.

I would like to draw your attention to two points:
First of all, the MC will always be a bit of an asshole, that's what he is, that's how the author intended him to be, but his assholeness can be kept under a player's control.
Secondly, in earlier versions of the game the MC was a much bigger asshole, almost a complete psycho. There was the so-called dark path. Now the author has removed the dark path and left only mild MC version. But there are many connoisseurs of the original version of the MC who consider the current MC to be a weakling and an emo crybaby. :HideThePain:

Don Sucio

Jan 17, 2021
The MC has a completely fucked up head at the beginning of the game. However, in my opinion, he is aware of this and does not like this himself, but does not know how to fix it. Vic's accident becomes the trigger that starts the process of change for MC. He admits that he doesn't want to be who he is now.

The plot then slowly turns to the MC's healing. I think this is inevitable outcome of the main story. But at the same time, how deep the changes will be and how quickly they will happen depends on the player’s decisions. It's your choice whether your MC is a slightly rude and edgy dude who would do anything for his friends and loved ones, or a selfish, manipulative asshole.

I would like to draw your attention to two points:
First of all, the MC will always be a bit of an asshole, that's what he is, that's how the author intended him to be, but his assholeness can be kept under a player's control.
Secondly, in earlier versions of the game the MC was a much bigger asshole, almost a complete psycho. There was the so-called dark path. Now the author has removed the dark path and left only mild MC version. But there are many connoisseurs of the original version of the MC who consider the current MC to be a weakling and an emo crybaby. :HideThePain:
I'm in the side of a psychopathic personality and i don´t want that he changes in a better person :devilish:
10f1c39e9cacdf8542c0575d910ef3dd.gif
But yes, i think it´s inevitable the change to a better person,it goes with the plot (and i´m good with that)

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Last edited:

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
I'm in the side of a psychopathic personality and i don´t want that he changes in a better person :devilish:
I couldn't pass the main psycho test. :Kappa:

There was a scene, which is deleted now. After the lessons ended everyone leaves the college and Vic, sitting in her wheelchair, says something nice to the MC and reaches out her hands to hug him goodbye. And the MC has a choice whether to hug her or not.

I don't know what happens if you decide not to hug her, never tried that branch. I think even if you have absolutely no interest in Vic, it's a matter of a trivial human empathy. Probably, if you choose “don’t hug,” the MC will put on a trenchcoat, take a shotgun and shoot up the college. But I'm not sure. :KEK:

rudy007

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2021
You mean Katie? :sneaky::love:

Why you laughing Mr. Rudy? Hmmm...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Don't mind me... I just enjoy in your conversation. Long time no see on this page, usually there are just trolls and when update people... And yeah, I forgot those who know everything anD try to "help" Ocean... Carry on, please... :cool:

Last edited:

Fortuna ღ

May 13, 2020
I love that this is just some random person ranting about other people ranting about the game, justified or not. This thing was linked on the OP and I was thinking it was something official and important from oceans themselves like some big explanation of why development cycles take so long and what not. But to see it's literally just someone going on with the tried and true "you can't have a critical opinion of the game" or "say something true about it". Fact of the matter is, whether you're tired of hearing it or not, there is nothing but absolute truth in people talking about the slow development cycle of the game. It is what it is lol. And not all reviews are going to be sunshine and rainbows, a good stance I take with writing my franchise is 'you're going to be the villain for someone' it's just how it is.
Respectfully, I don't think that the meaning of my post registered with you. The main reason why it was even posted was because instead of simply stating their opinions and leaving, many users felt the need to stay(for whatever reason) to attack both Oceanlab and the fanbase, and that's if they did not already do that when joining the thread. If you dislike something, why continue being around it and harassing those that favour it? That's been a theme within this thread for years, and I spoke for those that grew tired of it. At that particular time, it was getting out of hand.
This is par for the course when you give people a slice of the game and it's a work in progress or in an official capacity a "live service game". People jump on hype trains, they're excited, almost too much, to get their hands on something. They enjoyed SG and they want more. Issue here is, just like they can leave the game or foolishly be told not to support it, one doesn't NEED to read through every comment.
The entire reason that post exists, is because of the fact that I could see them without needing to read through every comment. That's how bad it got. So yes, I thought to inform those users that they were free to find something more to their tastes. Crazy, I knowღ
Oceans doesn't seem discouraged, they're still being supported and while yes, it is absolutely at a snails pace, they seem to be working on the game. I'm working on alot of my own stuff and I can utterly understand a creator going back and editing and editing and reworking to make things as perfect as possible. That kind of approach isn't always realistic, but you fall into it wanting to make the best thing you can and appeal to as many people as possible. It just comes with the territory. Anywho, I simply thought this was funny. Certainly wasn't what I was expecting clicking this from the OP.
Oceans literally deleted his F95 account because of the users I spoke about. Developers always delete their accounts because of the users I spoke about. Again, my post was to remind users that if they disliked the game, there were almost 4000 other games on this site that they were free to explore since, for whatever reason, everyone forgot that fact when they came here. I'm a tad annoyed at all of the assumptions you made in your post, but I understand where you're coming from. Welcome to the threadღ

Last edited:
4.30 star(s) 502 Votes