obito_momo

May 22, 2018
hi how is everyone i finished this game had so much fun really love it and wanted to ask some stuff
1- does the update usually take this long
2-some images gave me error in the scene where the MC change his clothes in front of Bella and the scene where Bella meet here aunt in her room and flip the toys box it's all mixed and wrong for some reason and not going right with what is said is this because i played the compressed one or the same thing is in the full game?
3-did i miss what happen to Summer or they just didn't say it because i felt like i didn't understand what happen to here did she get kidnapped and the MC was there or here family just came and told everyone she disappeared i fell very confused
4-this game and where it all began are they connected?

Reactions: BobTheDuck

nobody0

Jul 26, 2019
hi how is everyone i finished this game had so much fun really love it and wanted to ask some stuff
Yes it does. It might be faster now that the reworks are done.

2-some images gave me error in the scene where the MC change his clothes in front of Bella and the scene where Bella meet here aunt in her room and flip the toys box it's all mixed and wrong for some reason and not going right with what is said is this because i played the compressed one or the same thing is in the full game?
There was several things changed in that scene, so it is probably a combination of your compressed version and that scene being updated.

3-did i miss what happen to Summer or they just didn't say it because i felt like i didn't understand what happen to here did she get kidnapped and the MC was there or here family just came and told everyone she disappeared i fell very confused
No you did not. There is a moment where Summer is referred to as a dead child, but we don't know what happened to her. Most likely the main character does, but it hasn't been communicated to the player yet.

Yes it is, WIAB occurs earlier than SG. They both occur in the same city. It also has some of the same people like Stefan and Katie, and it also references the same family names like Zane. The main character for WIAB is also reference in SG.

Last edited:

N1ghtcrawler

May 29, 2023
The thing I've come to realise from developing theories of who the unknown parents is that Ocean hasn't given us anything to work with other than model resemblance (which means nothing to maybe everything).
I had similar thoughts when I saw that people here are trying to guess the relatives of characters based on the color of their eyes. It's by far the stupidest best thing that has come up in this thread. We maybe have 50 important characters in both SG and WiAB and only 6-7 possible eye colors. Not to mention that different eye color combinations of the parents can lead to a completely opposite eye color of the child. How can you seriously expect it to help? It's ridiculous. I'm in.
Regards complex paths: I think that once each character's trauma is explored, there will be a lot of complexity. Vic's will be emotionally challenging because there's nothing Nika can do to help her walk again, and there's Melanie in the background. Mila's issues with Mario and her parent haven't gone away (she's still the suspect seeing we haven't heard otherwise). Marla will need to have one heck of a compelling story to be a plausible LI. Sasha will be complex because of the rigidity of her social standing/upbringing. Sonya will be challenging because her parents will likely want to beat Nika into a smear. Ocean will raise the value of each story line, and people will go with what resonates with them. I don't think there will be any 'simple' relationship arc. Vanessa's will be the one where Nika feels the least in control though.
If you wrote this as a response to that
I really hope for the possibility of starting her path in the future even if she left a bad impression on Nika after chapter 4 and from chapter 5 he starts openly confront her. Because then it's definitely will be the most intense path in my opinion.
then I assure you I did not mean that other paths would be more simple or less challenging.

Vanessa is unique case in the sense that she is the only LI to whom Nika can be hostile and he openly shows it. Everyone else he treats well, and so romantic relations develops in a more classical way. If Nika's dislike towards Vanessa does not close her path, it possibly will lead to more aggressive approach.

Now, how complex this approach can be depends only on Ocean's efforts. We have a perfect example when he gives his best and I'm actually surprised that I never mentioned it. I'm talking about Nami. Based on what she and Nika have to go through just to kiss at the end of ch.5, damn... There are so many layers and obstacles in terms of complexity. I'm skeptical that Bella will somehow top this.
And I liked you post mainly because no one really talks about how amazing that last panic attack scene was. It's up there with the single render of Zara in the street basketball game for me - both scenes convey much more than the script does at those points.
I'm very interested in which works Ocean draws visual inspiration from. Pretty sure he likes Refn.

Last edited:

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
To add to what nobody0 said, SG Season 1 should be released soon, it's overdue, but it'll be out when it's ready for release on steam. So right now, those problems you mentioned in point 2 will be dealt with in the full season 1 release. Season 1 completes all the reworks and some of the scenes are expanded, so it's worth playing from the start, and making your save paths (a Bella save, a Nami save, a Mila save if you're interested in seeing how multiple LI's stories go, as not all paths are compatible. I personally won't do too much of that, as there are too many variables to have a path for every single variable Ocean has in mind :sneaky:

I had similar thoughts when I saw that people here are trying to guess the relatives of characters based on the color of their eyes. It's by far the stupidest best thing that has come up in this thread. We maybe have 50 important characters in both SG and WiAB and only 6-7 possible eye colors. Not to mention that different eye color combinations of the parents can lead to a completely opposite eye color of the child. How can you seriously expect it to help? It's ridiculous. I'm in.
If you wrote this as a response to that

then I assure you I did not mean that other paths would be more simple or less challenging.

Vanessa is unique case in the sense that she is the only LI to whom Nika can be hostile and he openly shows it. Everyone else he treats well, and so romantic relations develops in a more classical way. If Nika's dislike towards Vanessa does not close her path, it possibly will lead to more aggressive approach.

Now, how complex this approach can be depends only on Ocean's efforts. We have a perfect example when he gives his best and I'm actually surprised that I never mentioned it. I'm talking about Nami. Based on what she and Nika have to go through just to kiss at the end of ch.5, damn... There are so many layers and obstacles in terms of complexity. I'm skeptical that Bella will somehow top this.
I'm very interested in which works Ocean draws visual inspiration from. Pretty sure he likes Refn.
The thing with the eyes and guessing the parents etc it's all just good fun trying to get ahead of the story, trying to predict what'll happen, so we get the satisfaction of the reveal. I hope my posts are taken in that way - a lot of people are passionate about their theories, otherwise we wouldn't have them, so yeah, I'm in too :sneaky: Ocean loves hiding clues in plain sight, but also some stuff is just him planting red herrings knowing we'll over think it. That's part of his game. After all, Vanessa is Ocean's character, she can't think any thought that hasn't occurred to Ocean.

Regarding complexity, Right now paths are more or less linear - Nika grows closer to characters and there's no real hiccups. Some a re bumpy rides, but every path will potentially have Nika having to back pedal to choose what he cares for most. As more and more things get added to his plate, how will he juggle them and catch them all? I think there will be other paths that have diificulties. Think about what might happen with Bella if you start pursuing Amber, or if you have a drunken fling with Claire. Maja's another one - even if she's not an LI she is lewdable from what I understand, which means there will be all kinds of weird goings on with Vic, and at school now she's employed there. I guess the observation from the book club - as everyone drinks more wine, arm wrestling occurs. :sneaky:

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
I view Vanessa as a semi-bored predator.

She is very intelligent; she is happy to use her feminine gifts to draw men and women out; she wants to push people's buttons to see how they tick and what advantage can be made of that information.

I think a man who immediately simps for Vanessa quickly loses her interest - she already has a collection of those so why add another (like the MC) to that collection?
She may very well be an evil genius and a predator, but even then I doubt that she'll be a real danger to Nika or Nami. They are now her family members after all. That is, if she really did accept Noji and her wards into her family and isn't pretending.
And even if she didn't, her main target for a plot that would kick them out of her home and separate them from her daddy (and inheritance) would be Noji, not Nika or Nami.
I'd still be very careful around her until we get enough evidence to consider her a friend, enemy or frenemy.

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
And that is good writing to you?
I'm enjoying it, so I guess yes? Unpredictable consequences in WiaB actually works for the concept of the game ...Ocean is setting up the idea that even innocent choices can backfire down the way. Too many VNs are transparent in their choices, and the effects are immediate and obvious, carrying little to no weight. Ocean's attempting something different, which requires paying attention and thinking the choice through rather than clicking forward.

I was also joking. The point was initially that there are too many choices to fret about making save paths for every possible trigger in SG. That's something for future me to worry about when there are a few more chapters and more detail on the other LI's paths.

Tairnel

Apr 25, 2020
Bruh I have waiting for sooo long, Ever since he started/announced redoing previous stuff, I have been holding out to play when he is done...... I can't take it anymore :(
Wait, so you haven't played this game since Chapter 3? Because I'm pretty sure Ocean's been reworking the game ever since he took over from Regium

Mareeeeta

Sep 1, 2019
Bruh I have waiting for sooo long, Ever since he started/announced redoing previous stuff, I have been holding out to play when he is done...... I can't take it anymore :(
You're not alone I think the last time I played was like 2.0 or 2.5 because I was like "if I don't play the next update, I will play to in a row and it will be so cool", and then there was this rework announcement so I wait, and wait again when he wanted to do even more.
And now it was like 3 years ago and it's harder and harder when you know it's close but don't know how long "close" mean. o_O

Tairnel

Apr 25, 2020
Hey guys,

I made another gallery for season 2 previews while we're all waiting for Chapter 5 release.

it is kind of small right now but I'll keep updating it as more and more Dev Logs are posted.

Another thing: Should I include the treats as well? They're not part of the story as such, so I was hesitant to lump them in with canon renders. But I could add them at the bottom if no one minds. Let me know.

4.30 star(s) 506 Votes