Jul 17, 2020
When you look closely, it seems like the wound starts on his hand, unless it's supposed to be a cut that runs the entire length of his arm. As far as I know, Steam doesn't have any specific rules against including suicide attempts in games. I personally believe that Nika lost control and got himself injured, maybe he got into a fight with a group of guys or was hurt during an attack (possibly stabbed in the chest, which could cause a lung to collapse). It's all speculation, but I don't necessarily think it's a suicide attempt.
morbid fact
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
i have stuggled with this issue before myself 10+ years ago, and lost a close friend to it too. therapy really can help if you get somene that works with you instead of against you not wanting to listen because they think they know better (they do cause they have a degree for it but in therapy it wasn't constructive when they tried to use it against me)

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Christ P Bacon

Jordanskene01

Dec 11, 2022
This image was posted on Discord a few months ago as part of a larger discussion about hair color comparisons among the girls in the game. Please note that this is not a definitive LI list. While many have been confirmed, the number of LIs is always subject to change.
Thanks bro I appreciate it. Now I don't have to go through 1000 plus pages looking for that image hahaha.

Reactions: _FY_

_FY_

Sep 5, 2022
morbid fact
i have stuggled with this issue before myself 10+ years ago, and lost a close friend to it too. therapy really can help if you get somene that works with you instead of against you not wanting to listen because they think they know better (they do cause they have a degree for it but in therapy it wasn't constructive when they tried to use it against me)
I'm really sorry you had to deal with that man. It's awful that you not only had to go through the struggle, but also had it used against you. Seriously, that's so messed up.. I hope things are better for you now, bud. If things ever start to go south again, feel free to send me a message anytime.

I was just trying to say I don't believe Ocean is using the term 'collapsed lung' to circumvent any Steam rules, but I could be mistaken.

Jul 17, 2020
snip

I was just trying to say I don't believe Ocean is using the term 'collapsed lung' to circumvent any Steam rules, but I could be mistaken.
yeah i get that my initial comment was in regards to steam in general. I've known a few games from here that have had to tone down significantly for steam release especially AVN's with Non-Con/Rape, BDSM, and other more traditional 'Hardcore' content.

steam seems to be following the current trend on the greater internet the last 5 or so years to clamp down on "oh no icky content offends my delicate sensibilities we must sanitize the internet so snowflakes don't have any chance to run into content in the wild internet that upsets them"

Last edited:

lonelyk

Feb 12, 2019
how about MC/nami/victoria or can you add an aggregated list of all confirmed throuples?
All confirmed throuples are mentioned there... Which is only one.
Last information we had (probably a little outdated) was that only three were planned, so two unknown ones remaining.
I'd expect one at least to involve Victoria, but probably not with Nami.

Last edited:

Skylaroo

May 28, 2017
This is an utterly ridiculous amount of girls especially given the context of the MC’s social phobias. There’s no counterbalance with guys either.
The counterbalance is the basketball boys. The game cannot go 50:50 screen time between girls and guys because obviously the focus of the relationship would be the girls and not the guys.

Suspension of disbelief can only go so far and it feels like there was an overwhelming push to put as many girls into place as possible as quickly as possible for no obvious reason.
In general, I'd usually agree with you that I'm not a fan of too many girls. There are so many games that introduced like 10 girls from the start and I thought they could benefit from being reduced down to 5 or so instead. However, specifically for Summer's Gone (and a few other select high-quality games), I don't mind that it has so many girls because of the way they are presented. In most other games, what we have would be 10 girls that are just on rotation where we get some scene with girl A, then girl B, etc. That breaks the flow of the game because those girls often exist as if exclusively and individually for the MC. In Summer's Gone, those characters are all part of the same existence because they interact with multiple different groups fulfilling different roles in potentially multiple plot points.

A few examples:

1. We were introduced to Ayua as Bella's friend, but we immediately got Ayua paired with Nami for the group project to kickstart the interaction between MC and Ayua. Her character wasn't pigeonholed as Bella's sidekick which then allowed her to be a more neutral character that can be a voice of reasoning to the complicated Bella/MC relationship instead.
2. Robin is a duo with Sasha. We get to see her being a victim of the gossip along with MC, then being an antagonist by tricking MC to help Zara/Nadia, but also going against Zara/Nadia by informing Bella/Marla. She is also a potential housemate with MC, Nami, and Mila. She does a lot.
3. The connection between plots where we get to see Mila being insulted by Mario that then led to MC working with Bella to sneak into Mario's house because Bella doesn't want Amber to be with Mario's dad which then led to MC/Bella trying to get more information from Vanessa. All this while also having other related plot points such as Amber/Mario's dad plot, MC meeting up with Elsa, Vanessa potentially being a future step sister, and maybe more.

In most other games, a character like Ayua would be one dimensional Bella's sidekick who exist only with MC and Bella. Similarly with Robin/Sasha. Plot points are also often unrelated to one another where MC interacts with each LI individually as if they only exist when with MC but not with each other. In Summer's Gone, all these characters are part of the big picture and they have lives that don't have to revolve around the MC.

Does anyone else find this offputting at all as they move through the story, or is it just me? Will it make paths too convoluted going forward?
Due to the reasoning above, I don't find this off-putting at all. I actually consider this as an amazing strong point of the game.

I can't say whether this will make paths to convoluted going forward because it isn't clear yet how the paths will be done for most of the characters, but I think LI-path-wise, it could be done as simple as having a point where MC will have to choose who he wants to be serious with (and breaking up with whoever else he was in relationship with at that point, if any) before the path move forward.

I'm definitely interested to see how the story would unfold that could lead to the more complicated potential LI such as Vanessa (how could she be convinced to break up with Mario to then end up with someone who is potentially her step brother by that point?) or Amber (how could she date a patient? how could she date her daughter's classmate? how could Bella give the OK for this?) and others that have complicated situation too. So far, I'm really enjoying the writing and the storytelling. I'm just going to enjoy the ride and see where the Ocean goes.

Ali ibn Hassan

Engaged Member
Dec 19, 2019
All confirmed throuples are mentioned there... Which is only one.
Last information we had (probably a little outdated) was that only three were planned, so two unknown ones remaining.
I'd expect one at least to involve Victoria, but probably not with Nami.
If Vicky is a possible candidate I'd throw in Maja as a supporting actress.
Sisterly affection, love and care would lift MC out of his bottomless pit of misery.

Tremonia

Queen Lydia's bitch
Donor
Jun 14, 2020
I wonder which update will fix this error. I'll get this every time in a playthrough where MC rejects a date with Victoria and didn't go to Bella at night.

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/season1/Chapter2.rpy", line 3301, in <module>
NameError: name 'wingnami' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "season1/Chapter2.rpyc", line 3301, in script
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 1898, in execute
    if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2276, in py_eval
    return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2269, in py_eval_bytecode
    return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "game/season1/Chapter2.rpy", line 3301, in <module>
NameError: name 'wingnami' is not defined

Windows-10-10.0.22621
Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266
I can't remember playing this game without this error. Don't get me wrong. I like this VN and think the devs makes a good work but I don't understand how it's possible to do so much rework and other stuff mentioned in the changelogs and forget about this big error every time. And no it's not from using a mod or a patch or an edited save.

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
One of the many things I enjoy about Summers Gone is the complex story.

Ocean gives us easter eggs and hints and I find some of them only on repeated playthroughs, like the find below.

This scene takes place in the dinner bathroom when Bella and the MC are trying to steal data from Brenda, the professor from a rival college who is having dinner with Stefan Holgerson, their target and a predator they are trying to protect Amber from.

FYI - Bella and Brenda already know each other on a first name basis.

In spite of what Bella has said before, she Can feel regret, which is one of the things I like about her; the first and last image show this.

Stealing Data reveal 1.png

Stealing Data reveal 1a.png

Stealing Data reveal 1a1.png

Stealing Data reveal 1a2.png

Stealing Data reveal 1a3.png

Stealing Data reveal 1a4.png

Stealing Data reveal 1a5.png

What did Bella do in the past that causes Brenda to respond this way?

Stealing Data reveal 1a6.png

And Bella quickly cuts off that line of thought because she does not want the MC to hear it - she knows he is way too quick to catch things and his curiosity is not something Bella wants delving into that part of her past.

Stealing Data reveal 1a7.png

This was just a short part of the dinner scene, but it had some nice character development for Bella as well as another mystery... a bread crumb for the future.

lonelyk

Feb 12, 2019
If Vicky is a possible candidate I'd throw in Maja as a supporting actress.
Sisterly affection, love and care would lift MC out of his bottomless pit of misery.
Maja isn't a LI at the moment, so I would not include her in any throuple, which is about LIs. I'd rather think about Bella, Mila and Nia as potential members of a throuple with Victoria.

m4pII

Jun 22, 2019
Is there any confirmation that Nojiko will be a LI?
She has a lot of screentime in the latest update, and her appearance became more... sexy

Reactions: Fun Shaundi

Fortuna ღ

May 13, 2020
Is there any confirmation that Nojiko will be a LI?
She has a lot of screentime in the latest update, and her appearance became more... sexy
I hope not. Her and MC's normal parental relationship is a breath of fresh air compared to many other games on this site. In most other stories here, the MC, for whatever reason, has an uncontrollable urge to sleep with their parental figures. It gets old seeing these stories where the MC has to sleep with everyone and no one's off-limits. No sense of reality. Honestly, I'm not even sure if I like how much she's being sexualized now... but I'm not the target audience, so it's whateverღ

Ali ibn Hassan

Engaged Member
Dec 19, 2019
Maja isn't a LI at the moment, so I would not include her in any throuple, which is about LIs. I'd rather think about Bella, Mila and Nia as potential members of a throuple with Victoria.
As mentioned previously Maja might be considered a LI in future updates as well as more possible throuples.
I'll take my chances even though I'm sculpting away with a chain saw.

Last edited:
Reactions: PaxHadrian17
Sep 3, 2020
I hope not. Her and MC's normal parental relationship is a breath of fresh air compared to many other games on this site. In most other stories here, the MC, for whatever reason, has an uncontrollable urge to sleep with their parental figures. It gets old seeing these stories where the MC has to sleep with everyone and no one's off-limits. No sense of reality. Honestly, I'm not even sure if I like how much she's being sexualized now... but I'm not the target audience, so it's whateverღ
yeah sis I can't even begin to think about Nojiko like that to me she's just a great mom

Feb 2, 2022
Yeah,bro this VN is truly distinct when compared to others.I'm hoping the creator doesn't destroy it.

lonelyk

Feb 12, 2019
As mentioned previously Maja might be condidered a LI in future updates as well as more possible throuples.
I'll take my chances even though I'm sculpting away with a chain saw.
I'm not saying it will never happen, so feel free to hope (and I'd like it too!) but I don't think that's one of the three planned throuples we were told about as Maja isn't planned as a LI.

Tremonia

Queen Lydia's bitch
Donor
Jun 14, 2020
who are the romance options so far?
At the moment you can say Bella, Victoria, Mila and Nami. You have more LI's in the game but at the moment these routes are on their very beginning. It seems Nadia, Nia, Maja and Zara are potential partners, maybe Robin too. But it's too early in the story to say this for sure. Sure you can see in the code several lovepoint variables but that doesn't mean anything. Ocean put these in from the very beginning but it seems he changed the planned story meanwhile.

Reactions: bratkoratko
4.30 star(s) 505 Votes