VicLex22

Oct 31, 2022
One of the many things I enjoy about Summers Gone is the complex story.

Ocean gives us easter eggs and hints and I find some of them only on repeated playthroughs, like the find below.

This scene takes place in the dinner bathroom when Bella and the MC are trying to steal data from Brenda, the professor from a rival college who is having dinner with Stefan Holgerson, their target and a predator they are trying to protect Amber from.

FYI - Bella and Brenda already know each other on a first name basis.

In spite of what Bella has said before, she Can feel regret, which is one of the things I like about her; the first and last image show this.

View attachment 2463304

View attachment 2463306

View attachment 2463307

View attachment 2463310

View attachment 2463311

View attachment 2463312

View attachment 2463317

What did Bella do in the past that causes Brenda to respond this way?

View attachment 2463343

And Bella quickly cuts off that line of thought because she does not want the MC to hear it - she knows he is way too quick to catch things and his curiosity is not something Bella wants delving into that part of her past.

View attachment 2463344

This was just a short part of the dinner scene, but it had some nice character development for Bella as well as another mystery... a bread crumb for the future.
I think Bella has nothing to do with it, it seems to me that Brenda reminds Bella that her father also left Amber for a young model, and that's why Bella silences her.

Last edited:

Mamaragan

Jun 9, 2019
Talking about Bella's father.
Do you think Bella's sister is dead, or maybe that her father took her sister when he left?

KnightleyKnight

Apr 24, 2020
Talking about Bella's father.
Do you think Bella's sister is dead, or maybe that her father took her sister when he left?
That's a nice theory but I doubt it since Bella is a completely broken because of the traumatic event that she had with her little sister and its a problem that even her mother, one of the best psychologists, couldn't fix. Even us we dont know anything specific of that event yet. The only way for her to be happy is the people around the MC specially Victoria I guess that will be the person that Bella needs to be able to move on. Im really excited to see how that's gonna happen. What I like about this game's story is that everyone is connected to something bad in the past and they are helping each other without even knowing, even Amber noticed that.

Reactions: Fun Shaundi

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
That's a nice theory but I doubt it since Bella is a completely broken because of the traumatic event that she had with her little sister and its a problem that even her mother, one of the best psychologists, couldn't fix. Even us we dont know anything specific of that event yet. The only way for her to be happy is the people around the MC specially Victoria I guess that will be the person that Bella needs to be able to move on. Im really excited to see how that's gonna happen. What I like about this game's story is that everyone is connected to something bad in the past and they are helping each other without even knowing, even Amber noticed that.
can't wait to see a bonding scene with Bella/Vic... it will be fucking funny

Fun Shaundi

Jun 24, 2021
One of the many things I enjoy about Summers Gone is the complex story.

Ocean gives us easter eggs and hints and I find some of them only on repeated playthroughs, like the find below.

This scene takes place in the dinner bathroom when Bella and the MC are trying to steal data from Brenda, the professor from a rival college who is having dinner with Stefan Holgerson, their target and a predator they are trying to protect Amber from.

FYI - Bella and Brenda already know each other on a first name basis.

In spite of what Bella has said before, she Can feel regret, which is one of the things I like about her; the first and last image show this.

View attachment 2463304

View attachment 2463306

View attachment 2463307

View attachment 2463310

View attachment 2463311

View attachment 2463312

View attachment 2463317

What did Bella do in the past that causes Brenda to respond this way?

View attachment 2463343

And Bella quickly cuts off that line of thought because she does not want the MC to hear it - she knows he is way too quick to catch things and his curiosity is not something Bella wants delving into that part of her past.

View attachment 2463344

This was just a short part of the dinner scene, but it had some nice character development for Bella as well as another mystery... a bread crumb for the future.
This is why Bella is one of my favorite characters in any VN I ever played. Unlike say, Quinn from BaDIK, Bella allows herself to show vulnerability and moments of kindness without freaking out. The only moments we see her truly losing it is when she is confronted about her feelings for MC and her past, but asides from that she's not afraid to show how she appreciates her friends. She also assures MC (whether we romance her or not), that she never judges people who seek for help, or how she went to help MC without hesitation at the gym. What I find a shame is that only a romanced Bella can be advised to 'try to redeem herself with Brenda", but yeah. She doesn't follow the stereotypical trope of 'girl who seems insane and dangerous but has a good heart deep inside', she has more to it.

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
I think Bella has nothing to do with it, it seems to me that Brenda reminds Bella that her father also left Amber for a young model, and that's why Bella silences her.
While that is possible, I don't know how Bella's Dad could drive away - what with the red tipped cane.

He'd have to be truly blind to leave Amber - she is The definition of Hott!

Last edited:
Reactions: Razrback16

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
This is why Bella is one of my favorite characters in any VN I ever played. Unlike say, Quinn from BaDIK, Bella allows herself to show vulnerability and moments of kindness without freaking out. The only moments we see her truly losing it is when she is confronted about her feelings for MC and her past, but asides from that she's not afraid to show how she appreciates her friends. She also assures MC (whether we romance her or not), that she never judges people who seek for help, or how she went to help MC without hesitation at the gym. What I find a shame is that only a romanced Bella can be advised to 'try to redeem herself with Brenda", but yeah. She doesn't follow the stereotypical trope of 'girl who seems insane and dangerous but has a good heart deep inside', she has more to it.
using the analogy from the game, Quinn is actual two faced bitch, while Bella is not

KnightleyKnight

Apr 24, 2020
can't wait to see a bonding scene with Bella/Vic... it will be fucking funny
And then you have Mila aswell coming from a poor family mistreated by the rich and yet she protected Bella from getting bullied. Its gonna be fun and interesting to see how Bella develops this upcoming friendships.

Mamaragan

Jun 9, 2019
Yes, we don't know a lot about their father, but Bella despite him. Remember, at least going by appearance, that Bella sister seems to be her twin. If whatever happen in the past resulted of her father leaving while taking her sister to never be seen again, it can count as a traumatic experience.

Amber's reaction to appears more "mild" as if she was way less affected by the disappearance of one of her daughter, considering her conversation with MC.

If it's truly death, the key would be the circumstance. And now that we're talking about SG, the common denominator is people dealing with a traumatic past, heal and move on. A return of Bella's sister would defeat that, but it can also bring drama as well.

We'll see.

DEVIL18

Dec 9, 2017
Is this game getting reworked? How much time will it take to get reworked fully? Because I'll pick it up when it's reworked and does this game really doesn't have any lewd scenes yet? And one last thing i saw a uncensored patch on the main page, is that incest patch for the main girl?
Sorry for so many questions.

Jordanskene01

Dec 11, 2022
Is this game getting reworked? How much time will it take to get reworked fully? Because I'll pick it up when it's reworked and does this game really doesn't have any lewd scenes yet? And one last thing i saw a uncensored patch on the main page, is that incest patch for the main girl?
Sorry for so many questions.
There's still just a few Lewd Scenes and no Sex Scenes yet. The closest we get is still just Nami in the Jacuzii. It's been said that Sex Scenes won't be in Season 1.

talion777

Apr 5, 2022
The counterbalance is the basketball boys. The game cannot go 50:50 screen time between girls and guys because obviously the focus of the relationship would be the girls and not the guys.

In general, I'd usually agree with you that I'm not a fan of too many girls. There are so many games that introduced like 10 girls from the start and I thought they could benefit from being reduced down to 5 or so instead. However, specifically for Summer's Gone (and a few other select high-quality games), I don't mind that it has so many girls because of the way they are presented. In most other games, what we have would be 10 girls that are just on rotation where we get some scene with girl A, then girl B, etc. That breaks the flow of the game because those girls often exist as if exclusively and individually for the MC. In Summer's Gone, those characters are all part of the same existence because they interact with multiple different groups fulfilling different roles in potentially multiple plot points.

A few examples:

1. We were introduced to Ayua as Bella's friend, but we immediately got Ayua paired with Nami for the group project to kickstart the interaction between MC and Ayua. Her character wasn't pigeonholed as Bella's sidekick which then allowed her to be a more neutral character that can be a voice of reasoning to the complicated Bella/MC relationship instead.
2. Robin is a duo with Sasha. We get to see her being a victim of the gossip along with MC, then being an antagonist by tricking MC to help Zara/Nadia, but also going against Zara/Nadia by informing Bella/Marla. She is also a potential housemate with MC, Nami, and Mila. She does a lot.
3. The connection between plots where we get to see Mila being insulted by Mario that then led to MC working with Bella to sneak into Mario's house because Bella doesn't want Amber to be with Mario's dad which then led to MC/Bella trying to get more information from Vanessa. All this while also having other related plot points such as Amber/Mario's dad plot, MC meeting up with Elsa, Vanessa potentially being a future step sister, and maybe more.

In most other games, a character like Ayua would be one dimensional Bella's sidekick who exist only with MC and Bella. Similarly with Robin/Sasha. Plot points are also often unrelated to one another where MC interacts with each LI individually as if they only exist when with MC but not with each other. In Summer's Gone, all these characters are part of the big picture and they have lives that don't have to revolve around the MC.

Due to the reasoning above, I don't find this off-putting at all. I actually consider this as an amazing strong point of the game.

I can't say whether this will make paths to convoluted going forward because it isn't clear yet how the paths will be done for most of the characters, but I think LI-path-wise, it could be done as simple as having a point where MC will have to choose who he wants to be serious with (and breaking up with whoever else he was in relationship with at that point, if any) before the path move forward.

I'm definitely interested to see how the story would unfold that could lead to the more complicated potential LI such as Vanessa (how could she be convinced to break up with Mario to then end up with someone who is potentially her step brother by that point?) or Amber (how could she date a patient? how could she date her daughter's classmate? how could Bella give the OK for this?) and others that have complicated situation too. So far, I'm really enjoying the writing and the storytelling. I'm just going to enjoy the ride and see where the Ocean goes.
I don't think the basketball guys are a counterbalance, at least not yet. They haven't made their presence felt anywhere in the relationships really, just either spectators or hint droppers. They may well be in the future, but it feels unbalanced to me now.

Yes, I agree that some of the relationships you mentioned flowed naturally, although the relationships with Robin/Sasha/Ayua feel more like place markers (insert lewd scene with these girls later) to me. The problem really isn't where these relationships could end up. Any of them could be (and in some cases will be) much better fleshed out and relevant later, but depending on how you're rating what constitutes an interaction or a relationship there are between 20-30 girls so far and many of them were only incidentally introduced into the story. Because there are so many I don't feel like we got to know some of the current main LIs as well as we would have liked to because the rest was spread out too thinly. Again I'm sure that we will later. The initial pace just seems a little aggressive girls wise and I would like to have seen some of them come in further into the story when there was time and better context to make their presence felt. The combined grouping of relationships seems wider than it is deep, barring a few initial important characters.

I agree with you in that I'm definitely interested to see where everything goes but as there are obviously going to be a large number of LIs I'm hoping that it won't be too easy to blow one relationship up accidentally by simply saying hello to someone else (I'm exaggerating here a bit, but you know what I mean). I don't want to have to do 25 playthroughs to have a chance to get to know the girls, especially if the triggers are too far back towards the beginning of the story.

I guess the easy way to frame a question around this is quite simply: "How many is too many?"

Well, we'll just have to see how it goes! :)

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
Sup. I call this post "I currently have too much time in my hands, and I'm in need of my SG fix".

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Hi!
Your point 1 I see similar. There is a very high chance that Nami/Nika are
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
. I doubt Nami, a major character of SG, would have gotten this model if it is not some sort of hint. The resemblance is very strong.

Point 3: Well seen! Definite possibility that Vicki is related to the girl at the petrol station. Might be pure chance, but it could be.

4.30 star(s) 505 Votes