rudy007

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2021
Yes, it’s hard to argue here, with each new update, DPC is more and more turning into a rendering monster machine. But it seems to me that the progress of the story is still going at the same pace as before there. But now each LI's branch gets an equal share of screen time.
However, I think they are different styles, SG focuses on storytelling while BaDIK is more like a sandbox game with these huge free roams and various horns and whistles in the form of mini-games. Each of these approaches has its pros and cons. I like them both, but in the case of SG, I'd rather have more side stories of the non-major characters, like Maja, Kate or the twins or the lube girl with a mischievous smirk from the locker room than free roams and minigames.
That's the point of sandbox/freeroam. To artificially prolong a game. When you wander around without walkthrough you take much time with less renders. You can loose half an hour on sandbox/freeroam easy To just find everything/everyone/exit. On the end you say; I played 50 minuts, good update. But actually you lost 30 minutes wandering and wonder where the exit it. You "recycle" many renders on sandbox/freeroam game. Not so much on pure AVN.
Before people who like sandbox/freerom game hurt me, my thinking of this is my alone, didn't mean to offend you.

Last edited:

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
That's the point of sandbox/freeroam. To artificially prolong a game. When you wander around without walkthrough you take much time with less renders. You can loose half an hour on sandbox/freeroam easy To just find everything/everyone/exit. On the end you say; I played 50 minuts, good update. But actually you lost 30 minutes wandering where the exit it. You "recycle" many renders on sandbox/freeroam game. Not so much on pure AVN.
Before people who like sandbox/freerom game hurt me, my thinking of this is my alone, didn't mean to offend you.
after the latest badik update I'm starting to detest the freeroam part... in small amounts I can tolerate it but during that whole episode I prolly spent more time trying to find shit than actually playing the game

Srimanta

Aug 25, 2021

Chapter 5 - Dev Log #4

Yo,

So, how's it looking...
I'm around 935 renders in. I didn't make the four-digits, but that's alright as other aspects of the game are now in active development too. (The phone.)

Regarding the Super big boi Workstation.
Quote from WiAB's last Log:
"I came really close to the 48GB with a WiAB scene. But to be fair, I did go into that scene guns blazing with no regard for VRAM casualties.
Still, without the A6000 I couldn't even produce the current scenes. (But I need more of them to increase speed.)
So, regarding the Super big boi Workstation.

I won't get it.
Not because of my finances or anything support related... We didn't even get to that point.
But because of German bureaucracy and the fact that I moved across the country and still wasn't able to declare my new place at the gov.
(I got an appointment 7 months from when I moved to my current place.
So they couldn't even ask the bank without me having the proper address on my ID.)
I will contact them again in August & hope I will then get the green light."

So yeah, it'll take a while until I get the chance to upgrade again.

As mentioned above, the work on the phone has begun. Good boi Messe has created a lot of fantastic-looking UIs for me.
The coding part is definitely the hardest, as I'm still doing it myself. But I'm getting there.

Here's the current main menu.
View attachment 2629010

Progress is pretty fast, even though the phone takes quite a few hours away from setting up scenes atm.

Previews - 4K attached
View attachment 2629008 View attachment 2629009
(If you wanna see this Nia image without the shorts. )

An angry beanpole.
View attachment 2629004

A not-so-angry beanpole.
View attachment 2629005

Some occassional Bellchen
View attachment 2629006 View attachment 2629007
Progress is faster than I anticipated. I might add the last part of the Rework to the Beta version because there's one change that is addressed in Chapter 5 and might confuse the player who made a certain choice.

Oh, and I finally got a bed.
I've been sleeping on the ground for the past 4 months since delivery times were beyond reasonable.
But finally, I can stop cosplaying a person with scoliosis.

I'll see you in two weeks... I'm really looking forward to the next scene I'll start rendering in 2-3 days.

Maybe I'll drop a preview of said scene in the next log.
935 renders done?
Ocean is in BEAST mode .
Can't believe the update is almost 60% done. He is completing 20 % renders every 2 weeks if I compare with the last two dev logs.
If Ocean goes with this speed then we will get the BETA version with in 2 months ( including the 35% reworked chapter 2 ).

rudy007

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2021
after the latest badik update I'm starting to detest the freeroam part... in small amounts I can tolerate it but during that whole episode I prolly spent more time trying to find shit than actually playing the game
Not a big fan, but you're right, "tolerable" is the word of the day. I find Caribdis (Eternum) version of freeroam good, little mystery, little puzzle, not 20 different locations and 15 different people to speak with. I was out in less than 10 minutes. Without walkthrough.

Sep 3, 2020

Chapter 5 - Dev Log #4

Yo,

So, how's it looking...
I'm around 935 renders in. I didn't make the four-digits, but that's alright as other aspects of the game are now in active development too. (The phone.)

Regarding the Super big boi Workstation.
Quote from WiAB's last Log:
"I came really close to the 48GB with a WiAB scene. But to be fair, I did go into that scene guns blazing with no regard for VRAM casualties.
Still, without the A6000 I couldn't even produce the current scenes. (But I need more of them to increase speed.)
So, regarding the Super big boi Workstation.

I won't get it.
Not because of my finances or anything support related... We didn't even get to that point.
But because of German bureaucracy and the fact that I moved across the country and still wasn't able to declare my new place at the gov.
(I got an appointment 7 months from when I moved to my current place.
So they couldn't even ask the bank without me having the proper address on my ID.)
I will contact them again in August & hope I will then get the green light."

So yeah, it'll take a while until I get the chance to upgrade again.

As mentioned above, the work on the phone has begun. Good boi Messe has created a lot of fantastic-looking UIs for me.
The coding part is definitely the hardest, as I'm still doing it myself. But I'm getting there.

Here's the current main menu.
View attachment 2629010

Progress is pretty fast, even though the phone takes quite a few hours away from setting up scenes atm.

Previews - 4K attached
View attachment 2629008 View attachment 2629009
(If you wanna see this Nia image without the shorts. )

An angry beanpole.
View attachment 2629004

A not-so-angry beanpole.
View attachment 2629005

Some occassional Bellchen
View attachment 2629006 View attachment 2629007
Progress is faster than I anticipated. I might add the last part of the Rework to the Beta version because there's one change that is addressed in Chapter 5 and might confuse the player who made a certain choice.

Oh, and I finally got a bed.
I've been sleeping on the ground for the past 4 months since delivery times were beyond reasonable.
But finally, I can stop cosplaying a person with scoliosis.

I'll see you in two weeks... I'm really looking forward to the next scene I'll start rendering in 2-3 days.

Maybe I'll drop a preview of said scene in the next log.
I have a question which one is the treat /custom Render

and which one is the preview of the next chapter

weezal

Jul 5, 2022
I separate the art from the artist. I don't overly mind myself with what DPC does, as a person, but I mind myself with the product presented.
I think of it as how much difference providing my support will do for a creator. For smaller devs (who may be less douchey) my support has a greater impact than supporting DPC who's doing very well financially.

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
the bibi girl from the rework chapter 2 who tries to be like Bella, imitates Bella, idolizes Bella, and who is ready to tear your ass for Bella;)
As someone playing both SG and WIAB, I have a strange feeling concerning "Beanpole". Compare these two girls, one is Beanpole, the other is Ayua´s aunt Kati, 20-30 years younger than in SG, about the same age as Beanpole is now.

Could it be that a Revera "slipped" into Beanpole´s ancestry? Maybe Kati turned out not quite as "all for the holes"(as she herself once stated) lesbian or lesbian-heavy Bi as she thought she was.

Last edited:

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
As someone playing both SG and WIAB, I have a strange feeling concerning "Beanpole". Compare these two girls, one is Beanpole, the other is Ayua´s aunt Kati, 20-30 years younger than in SG, about the same age as Beanpole is now.

Could it be that a Revera "slipped" into Beanpole´s ancestry? Maybe Kati turned out not quite as "all for the holes"(as she herself once stated) lesbian or lesbian-heavy Bi as she thought she was.
It could be Daz assets are expensive and get reused a lot.

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
It could be Daz assets are expensive and get reused a lot.
While possible and often a main factor for a "hi and back again" of assets, Ocean is one of the developers who changes a lot around. Normally if in WIAB or SG a similarity is there, this is with intent. See Aziz Revera, who is clearly a hommage for a late famous bodybuilder.
If both Beanpole and Kati were minor side characters, that would be no big thing. But Kati is a major character in WIAB, the prequel of SG.

4.30 star(s) 507 Votes