PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
It's not FemDom as in ball-stomping, dog collars, nipple clamps, groveling CFMN etc. - it's more that Bella is a heinous, overbearing bitch. There is no sex as of yet.
I think that Vanessa is Way out in front of Bella for the female dom role.

She makes her boyfriend use a butt plug - part of the condition for being with her.

Then, think how she tries to dominate the MC when he is changing for tennis and the way she pushes Nami's buttons.

Bella can be a bitch but Vanessa has DOM on all her t-shirts.

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
Okay - so here I am, minding my own business while I've loaded Summers Gone up, music blasting a bit (kind of like my personal radio station) - my intent is to listen to the music as background for mundane house stuff.

Of course... I just Have to replay one of the Bella scenes and here we are:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I marvel at how well Ocean tells this story with not just renders, but the posing that reveals unspoken words - hinting at human dynamics that are likely to be important later, but we simply have insufficient context to understand them for now. Even though I Know that Ocean tells part of the story with changes in expression and body posturing, I still end up clicking through some scenes too quickly and I miss some of the subtlety of the story that I so admire!

So Ocean - thank you for the depth of storytelling that you reveal to us in Summers Gone and cheers to more of this great story in the upcoming CH 5!

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020

She makes her boyfriend use a butt plug - part of the condition for being with her.

Then, think how she tries to dominate the MC when he is changing for tennis and the way she pushes Nami's buttons.

Yeah, I pretty much hate her. Since, at this point, she's just one big stinking dog turn on the whole path of the story - I'd forgotten about her :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Reactions: PaxHadrian17

PunkHooligan

Onion Ninja
Donor
Aug 10, 2020
How much of Summers Gone have you played?

This is pulled directly from page 1, change log:

Ch.4.5 Full
- Added 979 new Renders to Chapter 2
- Added 2 animations to Chapter 2.
- Added 17 new renders to Chapter 3. (Removed the Said Fight cinematic.)
- Re-rendered 300+ renders for Chapter 3.5. (More on this in a future Dev Log.)
- Added 6 new licensed music tracks.
- Finished removing all music that would've needed to be removed in the future. (Including the cinematics music.)
- Added 6 new licensed music tracks.
- Applied a big amount of proofreading to all Chapters.

Ch.4.5 Beta
- Added Chapter 4.5 and 1520 new renders.
- Added one Cinematic and multiple animations (4400 frames).
- Added visual enhancements to the gallery (WIP)
- Chapter 3 is now completely accompanied by music.
- Painfully removed the rest of the songs that needed to be removed due to licensing issues.
- Added new licensed music.
- Added a default name for the MC.

Side gig... Really??

Does the above Look like a side gig??

What is your favorite scene in CH 3? CH 4?

Who is your favorite LI and why?

What is your favorite animation and music artist in SG?

Your questions above make me wonder if you have spent even 15 minutes playing Summers Gone.

Is it worth playing? Yes

Are there sexy scenes with a few of the women (LIs/potential LIs)? Yes

Is there awesome music? Yes

Is this a fapper's paradise? No

I can't say whether or not Summers Gone is a VN you will enjoy. Given how you start your request - I don't think you have the patience to play a VN like Summers Gone - after all "4 years in development + Where it All began. Neither is completed." is your lead in, asking for help...

I'd recommend starting this VN the way I would Any VN - by reading page 1 notes, then - if I am still interested - downloading and playing for an hour or two and then deciding if I liked spending my time with that creation enough to continue.

Whatever you decide to do, take the time to enjoy it.
Dont forget to breathe man. If I ask those questions - obv I didn't play. And yes, one or two updates per year looks like a side job, hobby.

bro how can 4 people ask the same thing in a row and not even bother to read the ongoing discussion

Like I get if you look for it for several pages and can't find it, but the answer is literally the previous two posts.
Thoughtful response. I'm glad you took your time to write it.
Everything you need to know is under the 'SG Table' Spoiler in this post:

https://f95zone.to/threads/sg-off-topic-discussion.112868/#post-7853430

John972

Apr 24, 2018
I wonder if it will come to big screens. And who will play Cheeto, Bella, Auya, Sasha, Amber... Male actors aren't so important. I just hope J.J. Abrams doesn't have time for directing the movie.
Director?

Incest/Loli = Luc Besson
Everything Else = Tinto Brass
Blueballing/Long Development Schedule = Terrence Malick

/s

Last edited:

John972

Apr 24, 2018

We we all link various random elements in this game, then Ocean has set up the Vanessa/MC dynamic perfectly. By this I mean, guess what the MC will use one of Nadia's bananas for... (can you imagine Vanessa forced to walk around her college with a banana sticking out of her coochie?) ;):) /s

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
Okay - so here I am, minding my own business while I've loaded Summers Gone up, music blasting a bit (kind of like my personal radio station) - my intent is to listen to the music as background for mundane house stuff.

Of course... I just Have to replay one of the Bella scenes and here we are:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I marvel at how well Ocean tells this story with not just renders, but the posing that reveals unspoken words - hinting at human dynamics that are likely to be important later, but we simply have insufficient context to understand them for now. Even though I Know that Ocean tells part of the story with changes in expression and body posturing, I still end up clicking through some scenes too quickly and I miss some of the subtlety of the story that I so admire!

So Ocean - thank you for the depth of storytelling that you reveal to us in Summers Gone and cheers to more of this great story in the upcoming CH 5!
Hey, here is something about Bambi:

Another guess;)
I think Amber had the nickname "Bambi" in college
SG:
View attachment 2535415
WIAB:
View attachment 2535417
and an Unknown person in SG:
View attachment 2535419
this is Dani in WIAB:
View attachment 2535424

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
Dont forget to breathe man. If I ask those questions - obv I didn't play. And yes, one or two updates per year looks like a side job, hobby.
I understand condescending ... but then adding in an ask for help... now That is a successful way to get people lining up to serve you...

The point I made with including the last two Summers Gone change logs was to show the amount of work Ocean puts into each update - hardly that of a side gig.

If the qualification for being a side gig is one or two updates a year, then Being a DIK and Chasing Sunsets are good examples of side gigs. I see both as significant AVNs where their teams are very invested in their creation - both high quality productions - and certainly not side gigs.

So - I will say it again:

I'd recommend starting Summers Gone the way I would Any VN - by reading page 1 notes, then - if I am still interested - downloading and playing for an hour or two and then deciding if I liked spending my time with that creation enough to continue.

Whatever you decide to do, take the time to enjoy it.

And - thank you for inquiring about my health - I am happy to report that I am still breathing... (y)

Cheers! :coffee:

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
2 releases in a year is not really a side job/hobby. Even DPC takes 6+ months for an episode and it is his main job. Though I suppose it depends on how much content comes with it.
I agree!

I know of creators who do good work and put out monthly updates but they are clearly doing VN creation on the side.

That is all good, so long as they are honest with their supporters.

I've supported a number of those creators for 3-6 months on Patreon/SS as a thank you for what they are doing, but there are very few who do this as a side gig and still get my indefinite support.

The creators I've supported for years are those who deliver consistently high-quality content, with great story telling, renders, animations where appropriate, and - in the case of Summers Gone - Top shelf music.

There are other AVNs that are adding in music but few have made the music such an integral part of their creation.

I'm stoked for the animation/music combo's that Ocean will be sending our way for CH 5 and Season 2 (as well as any upgrades to the page holder music in Season 1)!

Orgitas

Jan 5, 2023
I agree!

I know of creators who do good work and put out monthly updates but they are clearly doing VN creation on the side.

That is all good, so long as they are honest with their supporters.

I've supported a number of those creators for 3-6 months on Patreon/SS as a thank you for what they are doing, but there are very few who do this as a side gig and still get my indefinite support.

The creators I've supported for years are those who deliver consistently high-quality content, with great story telling, renders, animations where appropriate, and - in the case of Summers Gone - Top shelf music.

There are other AVNs that are adding in music but few have made the music such an integral part of their creation.

I'm stoked for the animation/music combo's that Ocean will be sending our way for CH 5 and Season 2 (as well as any upgrades to the page holder music in Season 1)!
Music is quite the key to really make things stick. However a few devs have suffered from music artists a-okaying the usage of their stuff... to only rescind it once they realize the AVN is making the molaah or realizing their product is in an adult game. Then, of course, there is steam and they are a whole different kettle of fish.

I am quite glad Ocean decided to re-render this game and largely re-do the writing. Personally the original version wasn't that good. However the whole "bibi" thing is weird truth be told.

I don't give financial support as I am poor and like eating. But if I were to support. Both Ocean and DPC would be the recipients!

4.30 star(s) 503 Votes