tre321qw

Apr 16, 2023
pees please help lol I have never cried at a game before but fuck the bella route seeing her crying please help me lol I am not the only one to feel like this right. ???

HauntedHill

Jun 21, 2023
Draw your own conclusions on why she did that.
I'm sure you'll agree with me when I say u need to keep in mind that the MC is the player, that's how u wrote it at least, so when you do scenes with deeper meanings that involves the MC u need to include the player in on it. We need to know what those deeper meanings are and shouldn't have to draw our own conclusions. I drew my own conclusions and all i got from that was sexualizing, which obviously i now know I'm wrong. But if u look at it without the knowledge u have as the writer what else conclusion can u come to? When it comes to emotion base stuff like that we as the player should know what the deeper shit means so we can understand the scene better is all I'm saying, cause to me it looked ridiculous when she did that but if i knew the deeper meaning behind it i obviously wouldn't have felt that way.

anonnyscouse

Jul 25, 2020
I'm sure you'll agree with me when I say u need to keep in mind that the MC is the player, that's how u wrote it at least, so when you do scenes with deeper meanings that involves the MC u need to include the player in on it. We need to know what those deeper meanings are and shouldn't have to draw our own conclusions. I drew my own conclusions and all i got from that was sexualizing, which obviously i now know I'm wrong. But if u look at it without the knowledge u have as the writer what else conclusion can u come to? When it comes to emotion base stuff like that we as the player should know what the deeper shit means so we can understand the scene better is all I'm saying, cause to me it looked ridiculous when she did that but if i knew the deeper meaning behind it i obviously wouldn't have felt that way.
If the deeper meaning is Nami's alone then the player (and the MC) don't necessarily know about the deeper meaning of it. The MC hasn't been given mindreading skills. If Ocean had said there was a deeper meaning to MC doing something then yes the player should be aware of it, but if it's another character like Nami or Bella or anyone else then we shouldn't be spoonfed why they are doing what they are doing.

Reactions: Insomnia_z

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
If the deeper meaning is Nami's alone then the player (and the MC) don't necessarily know about the deeper meaning of it. The MC hasn't been given mindreading skills. If Ocean had said there was a deeper meaning to MC doing something then yes the player should be aware of it, but if it's another character like Nami or Bella or anyone else then we shouldn't be spoonfed why they are doing what they are doing.
Honestly, I'd really like to know what the deep meaning of her act was, too, because I totally missed it. :unsure:

I think this is the only moment in the whole story that I told myself: "huh, WTF is she/he doing?"

Reactions: HauntedHill

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
This is good. One of the things that took me out of some of the emotion heavy scenes was the fact that the girls are sexualized for no apparent reason within that scene. Bella crying telling the MC how horrible kids were to her growing up and Nami after finding out about Nick are two examples of emotion heavy scenes that for no apparent reason have Bella and Nami practically naked. In fact in the Nami one she removes her top the moment the MC comes in lol. It really takes away from the emotion in the scene and makes it look ridiculous and pervy instead. But this is good, it shows ocean has matured and hopefully he'll do the same with all the other scenes that need a wardrobe change that'll fit the mood more instead of pimping his characters out just for the sake of it
I don't know about Bella, but the scene with Nami didn't strike me as sexualized. By this point in the game, it's quite clear that Nami is perfectly comfortable being half-naked around the MC. She wiggles her tiddes in front of him without any sexual connotation. Well, maybe she's teasing him a little, but that's not something serious. It's like relaxing in a jacuzzi with Zara and Vanessa. Daring talks, naked bodies, but no action. When Nami makes a move you can't miss it, like in the ending of the jacuzzi scene, when the MC had to literally push her away to keep the poor wormy's virginity :)
The scene when Nami finds out about Noji and Nick shows her insecurities and fear of being abandoned, as it was with Summer, when Nami's best friend almost stole both her best friend and beloved roommate from her. I see in this scene that she is facing her biggest fear of being abandoned by the people she trusts and loves the most. And while I agree that she was a bit overdramatic, it was unfair for the MC to point this out. It's like if Amber would tell him that he's overreacting with his panic attacks. And her gesture when he wraps his arm around her breast and she pulls his hand closer, I think it's her unconscious attempt to keep him close and don't let him run away with the blondie bitch, rather than something sexual :)

HauntedHill

Jun 21, 2023
I don't know about Bella, but the scene with Nami didn't strike me as sexualized. By this point in the game, it's quite clear that Nami is perfectly comfortable being half-naked around the MC. She wiggles her tiddes in front of him without any sexual connotation. Well, maybe she's teasing him a little, but that's not something serious. It's like relaxing in a jacuzzi with Zara and Vanessa. Daring talks, naked bodies, but no action. When Nami makes a move you can't miss it, like in the ending of the jacuzzi scene, when the MC had to literally push her away to keep the poor wormy's virginity :)
The scene when Nami finds out about Noji and Nick shows her insecurities and fear of being abandoned, as it was with Summer, when Nami's best friend almost stole both her best friend and beloved roommate from her. I see in this scene that she is facing her biggest fear of being abandoned by the people she trusts and loves the most. And while I agree that she was a bit overdramatic, it was unfair for the MC to point this out. It's like if Amber would tell him that he's overreacting with his panic attacks. And her gesture when he wraps his arm around her breast and she pulls his hand closer, I think it's her unconscious attempt to keep him close and don't let him run away with the blondie bitch, rather than something sexual :)
Naah i get that she's comfortable being nude in front of the MC I get that, but that's not what i was talking about. My problem was with the fact that she took her top off when the MC came in which seemed out of place for the scene. If it was a sexual scene and she stripped down then sure, but it was an emotion based scene with Nami crying and shit so it just came of wierd and seemed more like the dev was pimping Nami out than anything else. If she was already topless to begin with it would've made sense but yeah, just looked wierd to me. The Bella one is worse tho cause you can't make the same argument that she's comfortable being naked in front of the MC because at that point she barely knew him and they weren't romantically involved yet. But yeah it's still an adult game so I guess the Dev will still try cater to those who are here mainly for nudity and sexual content once in a while. I'd just say maybe implement it in none emotion based scenes like the hot tub one for example.

HauntedHill

Jun 21, 2023
Right, i do agree with that. Tho if it only happened with Nami then sure you could make that argument but both Nami and Bella? The only two girls who so far had emotional scenes were both naked during those scenes. Kinda wierd if u ask me

Deleted member 327695

Game Developer
Dec 11, 2017
I get what you mean, but no.

The scene and Nami's behavior are supposed to make you question it, and not give you an answer.
I want you to make up your own conclusions about scenes and character behavior.

Trying to understand someone else in whose head you can't look makes games immersive, exciting, and unpredictable.

If your own conclusions lead you to believe that the scene was just over the top sexualized, then that just means you're still lacking some vital puzzle pieces.
Weird, unexplainable behavior is supposed to happen... Because at some point, far deeper in the story, the pieces will align and a light bulb will go off.

It will change the meaning of entire scenes that were three, seven, or fourteen Chapters ago.

And this doesn't just apply to Nami.
It affects pretty much every character. Many of them have quirks the players see as weird, unreasonable behavior.

And that's because most of it hasn't been explained yet. (And most of it won't be explained in detailed words, but a lot of hints, etc. will be dropped that give you a deeper insight into a character's motives & desires.)

But not every character with a quirk has a deep backstory behind it. Some actually have some "weird" & "bibish" sides.

SG plays the long game. We're still just in the build-up phase.
It's not a finished game so of course, there are things that don't make sense to the player yet.

You're supposed to be in the dark. (As of Chapter 4.5)

panyan

Jan 21, 2020
I get what you mean, but no.

The scene and Nami's behavior are supposed to make you question it, and not give you an answer.
I want you to make up your own conclusions about scenes and character behavior.

Trying to understand someone else in whose head you can't look makes games immersive, exciting, and unpredictable.

If your own conclusions lead you to believe that the scene was just over the top sexualized, then that just means you're still lacking some vital puzzle pieces.
Weird, unexplainable behavior is supposed to happen... Because at some point, far deeper in the story, the pieces will align and a light bulb will go off.

It will change the meaning of entire scenes that were three, seven, or fourteen Chapters ago.

And this doesn't just apply to Nami.
It affects pretty much every character. Many of them have quirks the players see as weird, unreasonable behavior.

And that's because most of it hasn't been explained yet. (And most of it won't be explained in detailed words, but a lot of hints, etc. will be dropped that give you a deeper insight into a character's motives & desires.)

But not every character with a quirk has a deep backstory behind it. Some actually have some "weird" & "bibish" sides.

SG plays the long game. We're still just in the build-up phase.
It's not a finished game so of course, there are things that don't make sense to the player yet.

You're supposed to be in the dark. (As of Chapter 4.5)
When is the update coming

Dec 18, 2022
besides being beautiful she is very kind, a sweet person, and by the looks of it she wants to apologize to Bella for something in the past, Robin would fit the story very well

Ass Fan

Conversation Conqueror
TwitFollower
Jun 27, 2020
Since you're talking about Robin I couldn't help myself, she really deserved it be an LI plus she has all the qualities I look for in a cute girl even though she has a beef with the goddess Bella everything could work out between them. Ocean has to make her LI guys :cry:

Reactions: Cigar-Ferras

Sasanid

Jan 1, 2019
Some 'side girls' has to exist too, I mean, how many LIs are there already ? 10-15 ? And it's a choice driven game, not a harem, so imagine the crazy mapping and pathing Ocean already has to make in order to push his game forward, now couple this with the graphic part. I'm sure he's as eager to push his game forward as we are to get updates. Yeah she's cute, but there's plenty enough already, Robin is supposed to have some lewd scenes in some branching anyway at some point, if I remember well.

4.30 star(s) 502 Votes