yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
Finally, this thread has returned to its old good self. No more nerdy fights over renders per second and other weird lingo. Just the usual sweet and cozy "no sex for ages", "hope my grandkids see the ending", 'haha, MC can't get his junk hard, lmao, geez". Feels like home again.

Razrback16

Jul 20, 2020
Will be Abandoned sooner or later anyway.
I really think Ocean will get this done. Some Devs do turn out to be scammers, but I don't get the impression that Ocean is one of them. Dude is investing in his business which is a good sign. I think if he's able to get that 4x GPU rig he is looking at, the dev releases will speed up as he has the story basically written and just has to make the art and that's where the bottleneck is.

Wildehilde

Dec 3, 2020
I really think Ocean will get this done. Some Devs do turn out to be scammers, but I don't get the impression that Ocean is one of them. Dude is investing in his business which is a good sign. I think if he's able to get that 4x GPU rig he is looking at, the dev releases will speed up as he has the story basically written and just has to make the art and that's where the bottleneck is.

Idk, two major projects and then saying SG will depend on how well it will sell on Steam is kinda meh...

Reactions: hawk784563

rudy007

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2021
I will not go into discussion if Ocean will make the game to the end. But, say we, he does stick to his plan and make it. After some calculation it will take 20 years. Say we, technology goes at this rate and he is done in 15 years. Will people still play AVN's in 15 years?

Razrback16

Jul 20, 2020
I will not go into discussion if Ocean will make the game to the end. But, say we, he does stick to his plan and make it. After some calculation it will take 20 years. Say we, technology goes at this rate and he is done in 15 years. Will people still play AVN's in 15 years?
I could certainly be wrong since none of us can predict the future, but Ocean seems to be an intelligent person and knows people are frustrated with the release speed - I think he's frustrated with it as well and knows that the render speed is the bottleneck. If he can get to where his rendering rig stops being a constant bottleneck, release speed should increase considerably so I am hopeful it will not take nearly so long.

sorco2003

Sep 3, 2020
The question that seems to me to be more precise would be: what is the optimal development cycle? and SG could have such a cycle?

Reactions: rudy007
Sep 23, 2021
Finally, this thread has returned to its old good self. No more nerdy fights over renders per second and other weird lingo. Just the usual sweet and cozy "no sex for ages", "hope my grandkids see the ending", 'haha, MC can't get his junk hard, lmao, geez". Feels like home again.
The only things missing are Warscared's 500-word paragraphs, Soprano31's poems, and Vidal's panic attacks. :BootyTime:

sorco2003

Sep 3, 2020
Ideal is as quickly as possible while maintaining the quality we are accustomed to. We've got a story to finish dammit!
Obviously yes, but all the discussion of times and years to come is empty if these questions are not asked. This game was transparent from day one (well, not really, since Ocean took the reins would be the right thing to say) It was always known that it was going to be long (today only the exact number is known, but it was always said to be around 30 chapters) It was never hidden the fact that the development was slow and is getting better as time goes by.
If at this point the same debate continues , they will not get to any answer, the only answer is; yes, it will take a long time, accept it or move to the next thread.

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
I could certainly be wrong since none of us can predict the future, but Ocean seems to be an intelligent person and knows people are frustrated with the release speed - I think he's frustrated with it as well and knows that the render speed is the bottleneck. If he can get to where his rendering rig stops being a constant bottleneck, release speed should increase considerably so I am hopeful it will not take nearly so long.
The game/story is currently still in the phase of introduction of new places (sets) and characters. The time needed for finding assets and setting up these sets and designing new characters is likely considerable, compared to just setting up already existing sets and characters for new scenes or scene series. So the future scenes of this story in familiar environments with known characters (lots of facial expressions and poses can also be re-used) will likely take less time to create.
After all, this story is (fortunately) not a road trip with a bunch of new sets and characters for every new update from the beginning to the end.

Doomyk

Jun 7, 2019
I was thinking that this is a very good situation. Soon Nika will get into the first team, he will be able to sign a contract and he will have his own money. Nami wants to go to the college dorm. Najiko will move in with Nick. It turns out that Nika can start living together with Bella in the old apartment. It will be a unique experience for them.

4.30 star(s) 505 Votes