Sin_Mechero

Mar 27, 2022
You are right, but Ocean will release SG season 1 (of 5 chapters) after the release of 5full. It means that 5.5 (if any) belongs to chapter 6, isn't it?
You are absolutely right. 4.5 full is the first part of chapter 5 + the rework. The next update will be the second part of chapter 5, and when the rework is finished it will be the end of season 1. so 5.5 will be the first part of chapter 6 and the beginning of season 2.

sorco2003

Sep 3, 2020
You are right, but Ocean will release SG season 1 (of 5 chapters) after the release of 5full. It means that 5.5 (if any) belongs to chapter 6, isn't it?
no, chapter 5 closes the season, so it would be more logical to think that 5.5 will not exist, just as 2.5 did not exist either, or 1.5...

Kassandara

Aug 24, 2022
Yeah well this is one thing that confuses me, or maybe I'm just dumb..
I remember Ocean saying that the .5 chapters are basically full chapters but they are just named .5 so the 1st season would be chapters 1-5, which looks more "clean" indeed.

So we have chapters 1, 2, 3, 3.5, 4, 4.5 and finally 5.. so that's 7 chapters. I'm just wondering that are the 0.5s full chapters or not? Well now that I'm writing this I don't think it makes much of a difference :KEK: Except will we now have 7/32~ chapters or 5/32~..?

m111m123

May 31, 2022
Someone who has a lot of self-confidence and self-esteem after a big heartbreak, but at the same time, he is not arrogant.
What grief are you talking about? If you're talking about Summer, then it's not clear what happened.

In hundreds of other places, MC's character impressed me.
It became incomprehensible to me the behavior of the MC after reworking the game when he started crying for no reason.

Reactions: RNasc4444

m111m123

May 31, 2022
I remember Ocean saying that the .5 chapters are basically full chapters but they are just named .5 so the 1st season would be chapters 1-5, which looks more "clean" indeed.
Ocean said that the first season will introduce the characters. As you can see now there are a lot of characters that we do not know. Do not forget that the women's basketball team has not yet arrived, which sent all sorts of interesting selfies to the director. So what happens next is not yet clear.

Don Sucio

Jan 17, 2021
I suposse Ocean will finish the first season with 5.0 full (chapter 5 and reworks). For the second season he will release 6.0 as chapter 6, i don´t see Ocean naming all the episodes with 6.5 or 5.5 forever, this was an unique situation beacouse of the reworks, i think...

Reactions: Old Man Al

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
You are absolutely right. 4.5 full is the first part of chapter 5 + the rework. The next update will be the second part of chapter 5, and when the rework is finished it will be the end of season 1. so 5.5 will be the first part of chapter 6 and the beginning of season 2.
no, chapter 5 closes the season, so it would be more logical to think that 5.5 will not exist, just as 2.5 did not exist either, or 1.5...

So we have chapters 1, 2, 3, 3.5, 4, 4.5 and finally 5.. so that's 7 chapters. I'm just wondering that are the 0.5s full chapters or not? Well now that I'm writing this I don't think it makes much of a difference :KEK: Except will we now have 7/32~ chapters or 5/32~..?
We talked about this and Ocean himself explained. FunChaser and Sin_Mechero are right: 4.5 is the first half of chapter 5. Chapter 5 full will mark the end of Season 1.

Reactions: Sin_Mechero

MrTrue

Dec 2, 2021
OK decided to finally give this game a try with all the reviews and talk it has surrounding it and I don't mind a story driven slow-burn.
Now question I have is does MC ever change and become more approachable?
First few minutes of the game and he shows signs of being a psychopath, a sociopath, and on the spectrum. :HideThePain:
Im not that far in and just got to the college introduction but his whole demeanor the entire time has been nothing short of super unlikeable.
The renders are beautiful and the girls seem somewhat interesting atleast so far.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: yossa999

Don Sucio

Jan 17, 2021
OK decided to finally give this game a try with all the reviews and talk it has surrounding it and I don't mind a story driven slow-burn.
First few minutes of the game and he shows signs of being a psychopath, a sociopath, and on the spectrum. :HideThePain:
Im not that far in and just got to the college introduction but his whole demeanor the entire time has been nothing short of super unlikeable.
The renders are beautiful and the girls seem somewhat interesting atleast so far.
I didn´t play the old version of the game so i´m not an expert here and i don´t know what happens in future actualizations, but you have to know that Mc has a trauma,and with the time he should change and be more "normal". But i don´t know how normal can be a person with his trauma...

Reactions: yossa999 and MrTrue

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
I'll add to the response from Don Sucio - Ocean is redoing the very early scene where the MC does something dark.

He shoots at Miss Marla's foot and seemed to expect that the gun was loaded with blanks.

That was a scene from the original SG and no longer fits his vision for what SG is.

By the time you reach CH 4, you will find that the MC is working on dealing with his trauma and he is actively trying to be neutral versus making new enemies left and right.

I won't say more - spoilers - but you will see him getting the opportunity to make choices that lead him towards more normal 'people' relations.

MrTrue

Dec 2, 2021
I'll add to the response from Don Sucio - Ocean is redoing the very early scene where the MC does something dark.

He shoots at Miss Marla's foot and seemed to expect that the gun was loaded with blanks.

That was a scene from the original SG and no longer fits his vision for what SG is.

By the time you reach CH 4, you will find that the MC is working on dealing with his trauma and he is actively trying to be neutral versus making new enemies left and right.

I won't say more - spoilers - but you will see him getting the opportunity to make choices that lead him towards more normal 'people' relations.
Ok thank you very much for the answers.
I kinda figured there had to be change if the game was as loved as it is but didn't hurt to ask.
Great answer appreciate it greatly and gonna stick with the game and continue with it then.

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
Ok thank you very much for the answers.
I kinda figured there had to be change if the game was as loved as it is but didn't hurt to ask.
Great answer appreciate it greatly and gonna stick with the game and continue with it then.
I think you've found a gem in Summers Gone!

There is a lot of great music in SG season 1 and there has been talk about a mod that restores the original music tracks to SG (I have not checked it out - and I don't know status right now). Ocean had to remove some of the music due to licensing issues so what you get here, on F95 with the mod should be even better, from a music perspective.

FYI - Ocean is still redoing the last 1/3 of CH 2, so if you play through the end of CH 4.5 content, you will hit a speed bump in render quality and some story lines that might feel a bit off (It will go away once you reach CH 3). I just wanted you to know in advance, so you understand what is happening when you hit that 'speed bump.'

Enjoy!

RNasc4444

Aug 16, 2022
It became incomprehensible to me the behavior of the MC after reworking the game when he started crying for no reason.
As I imagine it did for anyone with a half functional brain. Unless we find out the MC developed multiple personality disorder after whatever happened at the cabin. That would explain why in the reworks the guy is all over the place.

The edgier and darker MC in the earlier iteration of the story is what pulled me in. Yes he came across as an unlikeable asshole but that at least he was interesting. This revised version is pretty much devoid of all emotion and, quite frankly, logic that the story used to have. A watered-down rendition of what was once a uniquely amazing introduction to a story that prioritizes maistream appeal for a wider audience.

I can always count on the panic attack scenes to shatter any sense of immersion I had as I burst out laughing, praying for Ocean to give us that sweet line of dialogue "I'm literally shaking and crying right now" :LOL:

Deleted member 6168082

Jun 5, 2023
Interesting, because in the version I played he

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I love Dark MC's. I get tired of playing the same o same o type of MC in these games. I would like to mold the MC to my liking, but sometimes you are just forced to play the game the way the Dev wants you to play it. Just like being forced to be around a character you don't like because she's part of the story.

Don Sucio

Jan 17, 2021
I love Dark MC's. I get tired of playing the same o same o type of MC in these games. I would like to mold the MC to my liking, but sometimes you are just forced to play the game the way the Dev wants you to play it. Just like being forced to be around a character you don't like because she's part of the story.
That's right,one of the reasons i played this game was Mc's personality, he's unique, you can feel his macabre acts. And the way the npc's react to your decisions is really well done. If Ocean gives us the option to mold the MC I'll probably still be a psycho, maybe a bit normal but also a psycho.

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
The guys here pretty much answered this, but I think it will be interesting for you to read the Dev post about the "dark route" and the MC's personality:
https://f95zone.to/threads/summers-gone-ch-4-5-full-oceanlab.29981/post-7801662

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
As I imagine it did for anyone with a half functional brain. Unless we find out the MC developed multiple personality disorder after whatever happened at the cabin. That would explain why in the reworks the guy is all over the place.

The edgier and darker MC in the earlier iteration of the story is what pulled me in. Yes he came across as an unlikeable asshole but that at least he was interesting. This revised version is pretty much devoid of all emotion and, quite frankly, logic that the story used to have. A watered-down rendition of what was once a uniquely amazing introduction to a story that prioritizes maistream appeal for a wider audience.

I can always count on the panic attack scenes to shatter any sense of immersion I had as I burst out laughing, praying for Ocean to give us that sweet line of dialogue "I'm literally shaking and crying right now" :LOL:
My half functional brain is a bit confused as to why anyone still would expect the MC to keep his trench coat and shotgun if the Dev has said it many times that the game will be all about healing and personal improvement. Unfortunately, it is not the MC who develops multiple personality disorder. You really shouldn't keep two conflicting versions of the game in mind :) The revised version is not devoid of emotions, just the tone of emotions has changed and this is not to your liking. And here my half functional brain suddenly turned on a chorus in my head, singing "You can't always get what you want." (consequences of re-watching House M.D, I guess).
So if the edgier and darker MC is what you like, but still have something in this game that you don't hate either, why not use both? Play Raptus or Friends in Need, degrade, humiliate and break a few... hmm... "bitches" and then use this game to relax between "dark path" sessions.
PS: Oops, Friends in Need's latest update seems to have dropped the most disturbing and dark options. Fucking mainstream appeal. Where this world is heading...

m111m123

May 31, 2022
The story doesn't say that MC's have PTSD. If the author wrote that Summer was killed in front of his eyes, in this case, post-traumatic syndrome on his face. But even so, something must happen to make the MC cry, like when he saw Victoria's eraser.
as far as I know, the old version of the game before the rework was created by Regium, which became popular. According to this MC behaves differently. In the new version of Ocean, you have lost the fast-paced plot and actions that reveal the nature of new characters. On the other hand, a lot of unnecessary conversations and actions have appeared that do not make sense like a board game in the library. Therefore, it seems to you that the game has lost all emotions.

Acsuka

Mar 25, 2023
The biggest problem in a game is always when the author changes the original story or drastically changes the characters... This always causes a lot of controversy among the players... Many people cannot accept the new version and always compare it to the old one, thus many times, several characters are judged differently, because they have become better or worse compared to the original... You have to accept what you get and play with it. Anyone who always does this will not enjoy the game... I always only play with the "fresh" content, because I don't care about "what if..."...

Sep 23, 2021
I am also a fan of an edgy Mc, and this whole panic attack scene in the new rework also makes me laugh. I know Ocean makes those scenes to show us the MC is dealing with serious trauma from the past, but if I compare a new MC with an old MC, the new MC looks like a joke to me. But hey, what can I do? I am just here for a free game. I am either going to play it or drop it. :HideThePain:

Last edited:
4.30 star(s) 502 Votes