yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
I am also a fan of an edgy Mc, and this whole panic attack scene in the new rework also makes me laugh. I know Ocean makes those scenes to show us the MC is dealing with serious trauma from the past, but if I compare a new MC with an old MC, the new MC looks like a joke to me. But hey, what can I do? I am just here for a free game. I am either going to play it or drop it.
It's so fun to read older comments and compare to what's going on now.

This has some good ratings so I wanted to give it a try, but is the MC consitantly a sociopathic edgelord?
I'm sure this is great but I can't get past the edgelord nihilist protagonist. I really tried but it's fine. Not every story/character is going to be for everyone.
These sort of debates never really go anywhere. You played that bit of the game, and liked it. I played the game, had a laugh, and hated it. There's nothing we can do to bridge that gap.

For me, the entire scene fails the moment he leaves the house. So he friggin' poses on the sidewalk there and conveniently holds some woe-is-moe soliloquy, as people are wont to do. Then with comedic timing the concerned passerby gets hit by car, which prompts an absolutely laughable edgelord reaction.

Then even worse, having a gun pointed at him leaves him completely cold, because again, woe is me, if doth mus taketh my life so be it and such, but anyway, with the Power of Protagonism, he knows the gun isn't loaded anyway, and he easily can take the gun from that woman ...
... and then utterly randomly shoot her because we didn't have enough to laugh about yet.

And then of course everyone's completely stupid and useless except for him who as we've just established shouldn't actually care about any of this.

So, yeah, I think it's a mess, I think it's at best hilarious, and it was bad enough for me to quit the game right then and there. But ofc people will see it differently. It's fine, normally for a case like this I'd try not say anything, and probably I shouldn't have, but I just found this one way too hilarious ^^

And my favorite! So underrated.
Was promised futa, got edgelord supreme. Sad.

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
I am also a fan of an edgy Mc, and this whole panic attack scene in the new rework also makes me laugh. I know Ocean makes those scenes to show us the MC is dealing with serious trauma from the past, but if I compare a new MC with an old MC, the new MC looks like a joke to me. But hey, what can I do? I am just here for a free game. I am either going to play it or drop it.
It is tough to portray someone who is dealing with deep mental trauma - trauma that he has not dealt with in a healthy fashion for years - and is now actively working on trying to overcome.

I think Ocean has done a good job representing the MC as someone who is still afflicted with panic attacks, but he is actively challenging himself to now push on through instead of isolating himself from the world as before.

One of my favorite scenes of SG includes the onset of a panic attack and what follows.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I believe that, with time, other LIs will have a similar effect, but Bella is clearly the first in this regard.

CH 4.5 had almost no Bella content in it and yet, the way CH 4.5 ended - with Bella's arrival and what it meant to the MC, we got exactly the right amount of Bella time and just when we needed it.

Cheers!! :coffee:

m111m123

May 31, 2022
The biggest problem in a game is always when the author changes the original story or drastically changes the characters... This always causes a lot of controversy among the players... Many people cannot accept the new version and always compare it to the old one, thus many times, several characters are judged differently, because they have become better or worse compared to the original...
all mankind is built on comparisons and disputes. People always try to choose the best and it's not just about games. If there were no disputes, how would you be able to distinguish a good game from a bad one?

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
Is there anyway i can only read story without seeing images
The easiest way I can think of is to just open the "game" folder and delete all files named ChapterN_image.rpa. There are still some background and menu images left, but for most of the story, you'll be reading on a black screen with an annoying red "image 'xxxx' not found" message at the top. :)
If you want to get a story in book format and read it like a book, then I have no idea. There is a way to unpack script files from scripts.rpa, but they are essentially renpy code, where text lines are mixed with lines of code, and the formatting and layout of the content is done according to the rules and purpose of the programming language. Reading them as a plain text would be quite difficult.

Acsuka

Mar 25, 2023
all mankind is built on comparisons and disputes. People always try to choose the best and it's not just about games. If there were no disputes, how would you be able to distinguish a good game from a bad one?
You're right in a way. But in this case, you have no choice here if you want to continue the story. If you or anyone else likes the old version, that's your decision, but you won't get fresh content for that. The author decided to reshape the MC and some other characters and continues on this path. If someone doesn't like this, then leave the game and play with someone else. The discussion and comparison would make sense if both versions always received new content. And it is not necessary to argue about what is a good game and what is a bad game. It's just a matter of perspective. I love red haired women, but many people don't. Should I argue about this then? Everyone likes something different, and that's fine, but there are many things that aren't worth arguing about. You have to get over it...

codex35

Jan 10, 2019
It is tough to portray someone who is dealing with deep mental trauma - trauma that he has not dealt with in a healthy fashion for years - and is now actively working on trying to overcome.

I think Ocean has done a good job representing the MC as someone who is still afflicted with panic attacks, but he is actively challenging himself to now push on through instead of isolating himself from the world as before.

One of my favorite scenes of SG includes the onset of a panic attack and what follows.

I believe that, with time, other LIs will have a similar effect, but Bella is clearly the first in this regard.

CH 4.5 had almost no Bella content in it and yet, the way CH 4.5 ended - with Bella's arrival and what it meant to the MC, we got exactly the right amount of Bella time and just when we needed it.

out of context but I hope MC invites Bella to his room :love: ;)

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
If he mange to do that, he should go out of the room for 20-30 minutes. To let Bella all her poverty jokes out of her...
Based on the previews of them relaxing in Bella's car, this is not going to happen (or it wasn't revealed in the previews). But if she comes for a while, I would like to see her locked in the same room with Nami. Either this will end in a catfight, or two more crazy girls will team up against the MC. :)

rudy007

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2021
Based on the previews of them relaxing in Bella's car, this is not going to happen (or it wasn't revealed in the previews). But if she comes for a while, I would like to see her locked in the same room with Nami. Either this will end in a catfight, or two more crazy girls will team up against the MC. :)
Nam&Bella&catfight? I don't see a catfight. It would be like heavyweight boxing championship. I can't see those two to fight with teeth and nails... ;)
But... Two tickets for that match, please... And, no, I don't care how much it will cost...

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2021

I am talking about the panic attack scenes in the remake. :HideThePain:

m111m123

May 31, 2022
If you or anyone else likes the old version, that's your decision, but you won't get fresh content for that. The author decided to reshape the MC and some other characters and continues on this path.
You are right, but this is a slightly different situation. It's not that someone likes the old version of the game, but that the new one should not be worse than the old one. Therefore, they compare the old versions and the new ones. For example, Ocean replaces old renders with new ones that are much prettier. Does he always manage to do it?..... No..... Do you remember the 2 beautiful students who were remodeled? I'm talking about Mila and Victoria who have become like silicone dolls. Mila was unlucky even more she became like the daughter of the Hulk. This topic has been discussed for a long time and everyone says that these girls need to return to their previous appearance. Ocean's log was recently discussed where an old and very beautiful render with Bugatti is removed and a poor quality render is put in place. Is it right to replace the good with the bad? Just discussed a remake where the MC cries for no reason. Here it is necessary either to add the reason for which he cried or to remove this scene. All these comparisons are needed to make the game even better and fix all the strange things.
ab478.jpg ad2150.jpg

m111m123

May 31, 2022
Oh, The Glorious Lime work! I know this creator, he is one of the funniest artists. :D
I don’t know whose work this is, AI found it for me.
p.s. If the Blender developers realize their idea in a few years, then it will be possible to give pictures of Bella and Nami and tell the AI to draw how they fight. While you are having breakfast, AI will draw and render itself.

Last edited:

Acsuka

Mar 25, 2023
You are right, but this is a slightly different situation. It's not that someone likes the old version of the game, but that the new one should not be worse than the old one. Therefore, they compare the old versions and the new ones. For example, Ocean replaces old renders with new ones that are much prettier. Does he always manage to do it?..... No..... Do you remember the 2 beautiful students who were remodeled? I'm talking about Mila and Victoria who have become like silicone dolls. Mila was unlucky even more she became like the daughter of the Hulk. This topic has been discussed for a long time and everyone says that these girls need to return to their previous appearance. Ocean's log was recently discussed where an old and very beautiful render with Bugatti is removed and a poor quality render is put in place. Is it right to replace the good with the bad? Just discussed a remake where the MC cries for no reason. Here it is necessary either to add the reason for which he cried or to remove this scene. All these comparisons are needed to make the game even better and fix all the strange things.
View attachment 2880501 View attachment 2880502
I understand perfectly how you feel about this, and I can see that it is difficult for you to let go of the subject. I'm not talking about the visual appearance, because whatever this guy does, it's impressive... And if I understand correctly, there was a reason for the car scene, since it's on the night of the robbery, so he wanted to make it more lifelike... I would answer your last sentence with a question...I wonder how many game developers actually make major changes because of what players call "quirks"?...
That's why I wrote it at the end, let it go - I've already done it and I'm trying to enjoy myself with what I get... ;)

m111m123

May 31, 2022
Yupp, one of mine from the art thread with removed logo, than again, it's the internet, who cares.
You can find whoever first posted your render without the logo is the culprit. If you want, you can send me your render with the logo and I will replace it. When I search, I don't care if there is a logo in the picture or not.

m111m123

May 31, 2022
And if I understand correctly, there was a reason for the car scene, since it's on the night of the robbery, so he wanted to make it more lifelike...
I don't know what effect of realism can give a blurred scene where nothing is visible. If the MC was very drunk at that moment and Ocean expressed it in this way, then I think you are right.
CH2_Old_Bellchen.jpg CH2_NewBellchen.png

Last edited:
4.30 star(s) 502 Votes