Doomyk

Jun 7, 2019
MC and Summer on the basketball court... It turns out that the rumor that says Summer is a member of the women's basketball team may be true. This women's team is on vacation right now, so when this team returns, then we might see Summer.
Revera?

sorco2003

Sep 3, 2020
I seem to associate Grace Mesa's songs with the way the best AVNs sound these days. My favorite song is "The Long Way". When the "roomies" are about to leave the house and start their first day of college and this song begins to play, it sets the mood just right. It's like you feel their excitement and cheerful mood. The adventure begins!

I read Grace Mesa and I immediately think of another game... my brain fires run run running

• Haha
Reactions: yossa999

CrazyRabbit

Engaged Member
Oct 30, 2019
Ambient has never been my theme, too depressing, sad, slow. But I understand that perhaps Ocean, through this style of music, conveys his emotional state to the game.
I can understand, it's kind of an acquired taste.
But I do feel the emotion meant in the scene thanks to those musics. Plus it makes for great calming session if life gets too hectic.

The music at the end of ch4.5, when Bella comes back, is just... perfect.

One of the best music pick I've ever seen across all media for certainly the best cinematic in AVN history.
Yep, I still go back to this scene just for that.
Perfectly chosen *chief's kiss*

anonnyscouse

Jul 25, 2020
You know guys I remember when I first heard the news about 32 parts, I thought the game would be abandoned for sure. And it's really true, with the speed with which the parts are released we will have to wait at least 10 years. And here's the thought that came to my mind, why doesn't Ocean try to create a development team since he has so many fans? He can recruit a couple of capable guys and increase the speed of work.
I'm a perfectionist myself and I don't like to share my work with anyone but at some point I just realized that there are only 24 hours in a day and even if you put aside all the family stuff you can hardly do everything alone. Yes, of course a creative union is always a complicated story but artists somehow find a common language when they work on huge canvases. Why doesn't Ocean try it?
I don't know but it seems to me that it is impossible to do everything alone, unless you set yourself the task of becoming something like Michelangelo.
Ocean has tried to outsource parts of the game in the past but has been let down, he had paid a coder who then failed to provide code (I think that was around ep 3) and in his most recent devlog he mentioned that he had outsourced a cinematic but has still not received it after an extended deadline so it's likely to be missing from the forthcoming update.

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
I seem to associate Grace Mesa's songs with the way the best AVNs sound these days. My favorite song is "The Long Way". When the "roomies" are about to leave the house and start their first day of college and this song begins to play, it sets the mood just right. It's like you feel their excitement and cheerful mood. The adventure begins!

It's good that Ocean dilutes the depressive mood with such bright moments and gives hope for a change in the situation for the better. This is such a "light at the end of the tunnel." Few developers know how to play with the soundtrack so well, I only know three of them.
I read Grace Mesa and I immediately think of another game... my brain fires run run running
You're welcome

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
Why did you delete part of Ocean's comment?
It's called trimming down to only the relevant parts, which is also what I'm doing here in this reply. None of what you've re-added adds to the point, nor does it change my point.

What is the old Wiab called then? :)
It's called, *DRUMROLL* WIAB. Not exactly rocket science to figure that out, because it was literally history.

What is the name of the SG conversion then, why is it not abandoned?
Who said anything about SG conversion? Or for that matter, WTF are you talking about SG conversion? And why wasn't "what" abandoned?

And what is the relativity between prequel and sequel? Do you know that an arc is a branch from the main plot? You throw around terms whose meaning you don’t know.
Have you found the main one? Wow......Can you show it to me? No one saw him except you. Ocean hasn't been able to finish a single game yet. The prequel and sequel appear after the main story has ended. Which movie came first, "New Hope" or "The Phantom Menace"? So that there is no such confusion, the main story becomes the one that came out earlier and they count from it.
If you want to get pedantic, let's check Webster's Dictionary for the definition of those words? Just in case you don't notice it, nothing in the definition mentions anything about "main one" that you keep referring to.
prequel

pre·quel

: a work (such as a novel or a play) whose story precedes that of an earlier work
sequel

se·quel
also -ˌkwel

: ,

a
: subsequent development
b
: the next installment (as of a speech or story)
especially : a literary, cinematic, or televised work continuing the course of a story begun in a preceding one
ps All meanings and interpretations of prequels, sequels and other terms are in the public domain and I did not come up with them. If something doesn’t suit you, then it’s better to argue with the person who came up with it all.
Oh by the way, since you try to be so pedantic about all this:
public domain

: land owned directly by the government

: the realm embracing property rights that belong to the community at large, are unprotected by copyright or patent, and are subject to appropriation by anyone
The term "public domain" is absolutely the wrong one to use here, since none of this pertains to ownership or property rights.

And rebut all you want, but I'm done with you.

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
It's good that Ocean dilutes the depressive mood with such bright moments and gives hope for a change in the situation for the better. This is such a "light at the end of the tunnel." Few developers know how to play with the soundtrack so well, I only know three of them.
I do believe the kiss with Bella has the wrong music. Scene before and after has a deeper, more mysterios touch. Hints of melancholy even. The kiss movie has a lighthearted song.

It feels like a very unnatural transition.

But I agree in general with you. I just hope more mood music is included, music to set up the ambient of the story.

Reactions: Geralt From Rivia

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
I mean... you may not like the game, or the dev, doesn't make it a lie. It is one of the best AVNs in development. This site, in the download section, even confirms it.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Number of views and likes not necessarily make it one of the best.

Popular is not equal to quality. Steam is full of crappy games that are popular. Moreover, rankings are even more biased here as they evaluate unfinished products.

Acting Lessons, from the same dev, is way less popular and way better novel.

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
I mean... you may not like the game, or the dev, doesn't make it a lie. It is one of the best AVNs in development. This site, in the download section, even confirms it.

You are conflating popular with best. But don't worry, it's a way too common mistake.

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
Hey gang, how about we discuss music instead of waifu wars and troll fights? Personally, I find the soundtrack in SG quite depressing, but I've come up with a few powerful favorites:

1. Plays during the first kiss with Bella.

2. All tracks of Grace Mesa, the best music anti-depressant.

3. Nami vs Bella fight

4.Tennis training. Also gives BaDIK vibes

5. And my favorite track. Velvethead is something next level. Band name almost like in Become a Rockstar:D

What about the rest of you, do you have any favorite tracks?
Some of my favorite tracks in SG include a few that are no longer licensed (they will live on in mods but not in Steam SG) so here is part of my mix (not in any order, just Fun):

Summer's Gone: The Game Soundtrack, Mattijs Muller - Through New Eyes When my Bella drives all night to come home to me:

Summer's Gone Soundtrack - Sound and Vision - This Party Bussin' This is perhaps my favorite dancing song from SG - I Can't sit or stand still when this comes on!

Summer's Gone - Only love can hurt like this (CHP4) Humble Hey feat. Emmi - What My Mama Said This is moving and Poignant, perfect for showing the emotions Bella is coming to grips with... Maybe she's found the one... (This is my favorite SG song to sing, at least so far :))

Summer's Gone - Because you like me... ┃Waykap - Give My All To You The perfect song for two broken people who find something unexpected in each other, perhaps the missing piece that makes each of them whole again... Only time - and Ocean - will tell! (My comment from this video more than one year ago.)

Cheers!! :coffee:

Last edited:
4.30 star(s) 502 Votes