BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
Here you can find arguments both for and against. On the one hand, Auya looks at Nicka carefully when they first meet, as if she knows him. Also, the skin color, eyes and hair are similar to Leia. Although their characters are definitely different. We also don’t know what happened in 20 years. Are the other heroes even alive? The argument that here is no way the Zane family would have left him and Nami for someone else to raise is not necessary. They might turn away, they might just not know. But I agree, the chances of this are not great. It seems to me It would be easy for the Zane clan to raise them themselves rather than let Najiko struggle to make ends meet.
It seems more that Monica is the mother of Nami and Nick. Only that red-haired wimp is Nami’s father, and William again left Monica with the cream. Well, it’s not for nothing that the Ocean protects Monica so much even though many people don’t like her.
They wouldn't necessarily care: it could be that Nika was Leia's unplanned NTR revenge pregnancy to make Willi jealous, and was put up for adoption because she needed to distance herself from scandal to focus on business (If Katie is doing the uniforms, I assume Leia heads up that Zane interests in the university). Nojiko working at the hospital might have been aware and able to act on that situation, and that's why she has a negative view of some of the families.

As far as a theory goes, it's both plausible and flimsy. Another day, another theory really :sneaky:

Reactions: Sleepy666

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
Only that red-haired wimp is Nami’s father, and William again left Monica with the cream. Well, it’s not for nothing that the Ocean protects Monica so much even though many people don’t like her.
As it's been pointed out several times already (by me and others), the redhead gene is a recessive one. It means that neither of the parents of a redhead child, or even his or her grandparents, need to have red hair. Just both parents have to have a redhead ancestor, possibly several generations in the past.
So there's no need to search for a cheeto mother or father for Nami.

JJ1960

Jan 12, 2017
I am looking forward to the dynamics of when Noriko decides to move in with Nick and brings the kids along with her.

Nika: Why is it so warm in here?
Zara: Oh no. It looks like someone turned off the air conditioning. That's why we are both so sweaty. Per house rules, we have to sit in the jacuzzi now.
Nika: Didn't I see you fiddling with the thermostat a little while ago?
Zara: (peeling out of her clothes) Stop asking stupid questions and get naked already.

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
We also don’t know what happened in 20 years. Are the other heroes even alive?
By what has been hinted at in SG so far, at least the majority of the WIAB characters are still alive. According to Ayua, her parents have the gym/martial arts studio which was thoguht about in WIAB already.
That means Miru and Willi, maybe Dylan if Ayua comes from the possible open relationship path, are still alive. Kati as well, we have seen her car and she is the head desinger for ZPR. This also implies that Leia is still around, since Miru and Willi have the gym, Kati became a designer, so someone has to manage the majority of the Zane family wealth. Even back in WIAB that was Leia.
Stefan is also still among us and going by some character traits of "Miss Banana";) it is very possible she is Kat´s offspring.
Our video and internet schoolmate, I have the gut feeling is Zoey´s kid, the free spirit of WIAB. I am curious who of the characters iin SG are the kids of Dana and Monika.

They wouldn't necessarily care: it could be that Nika was Leia's unplanned NTR revenge pregnancy to make Willi jealous, and was put up for adoption because she needed to distance herself from scandal to focus on business (If Katie is doing the uniforms, I assume Leia heads up that Zane interests in the university). Nojiko working at the hospital might have been aware and able to act on that situation, and that's why she has a negative view of some of the families.

As far as a theory goes, it's both plausible and flimsy. Another day, another theory really :sneaky:
Interesting idea, but improbable. Ayua has cousins and while some of them will come from the Japanese side of her family, those are in Japan and not in Wollust, so unavailable for what Ayua talks about. So these cousins must be from Kati and/or Leia. Since Kati leans more towards women, these cousins are more likely from Leia. And if you go the reconnection path with Leia it is quite likely one or two of them are also Ayua´s halfsiblings.

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
By what has been hinted at in SG so far, at least the majority of the WIAB characters are still alive. According to Ayua, her parents have the gym/martial arts studio which was thoguht about in WIAB already.
That means Miru and Willi, maybe Dylan if Ayua comes from the possible open relationship path, are still alive. Kati as well, we have seen her car and she is the head desinger for ZPR. This also implies that Leia is still around, since Miru and Willi have the gym, Kati became a designer, so someone has to manage the majority of the Zane family wealth. Even back in WIAB that was Leia.
Stefan is also still among us and going by some character traits of "Miss Banana";) it is very possible she is Kat´s offspring.
Our video and internet schoolmate, I have the gut feeling is Zoey´s kid, the free spirit of WIAB. I am curious who of the characters iin SG are the kids of Dana and Monika.

Interesting idea, but improbable. Ayua has cousins and while some of them will come from the Japanese side of her family, those are in Japan and not in Wollust, so unavailable for what Ayua talks about. So these cousins must be from Kati and/or Leia. Since Kati leans more towards women, these cousins are more likely from Leia. And if you go the reconnection path with Leia it is quite likely one or two of them are also Ayua´s halfsiblings.
Cousins would also include Kat's children from memory. And because Willi is Wili, there are probably a lot of 'cousins' :sneaky: I was more raising the speculation to show how easy it is to come up with alternate theories.

I think the interesting thing is that on the surface we have a plot where Nika tries to follow social norms and reintegrate with the world, while there is always a hint of mystery that so far has no connection to the plot ie the relevance of the earrings, the Z P and R families lurking like semi mafia bosses controlling *gasp* who gets to play basketball. I'm kinda waiting for Ocean to suckerpunch us with Nika having a boring background, and he was just collateral damage from what happened to Summer. Summer is Keyser Söze, I'm certain of it! But yeah, there's all the main sharks circling with their own goals, far above Nika; as he becomes part of this society by befriending their daughters (well maybe Jeff is Gina's sone I guess? just for the dynastic story approach) I guess he'll stumble over some stuff, like what happened when he and Bella go after Brenda's phone. It'll be interesting to see if the macro dramas are just hinted at, so Ocean can explore those plots in different breakout stories ofter SG. Speculation is not as fun as finding out though.

rudy007

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2021
Cousins would also include Kat's children from memory. And because Willi is Wili, there are probably a lot of 'cousins' :sneaky: I was more raising the speculation to show how easy it is to come up with alternate theories.

I think the interesting thing is that on the surface we have a plot where Nika tries to follow social norms and reintegrate with the world, while there is always a hint of mystery that so far has no connection to the plot ie the relevance of the earrings, the Z P and R families lurking like semi mafia bosses controlling *gasp* who gets to play basketball. I'm kinda waiting for Ocean to suckerpunch us with Nika having a boring background, and he was just collateral damage from what happened to Summer. Summer is Keyser Söze, I'm certain of it! But yeah, there's all the main sharks circling with their own goals, far above Nika; as he becomes part of this society by befriending their daughters (well maybe Jeff is Gina's sone I guess? just for the dynastic story approach) I guess he'll stumble over some stuff, like what happened when he and Bella go after Brenda's phone. It'll be interesting to see if the macro dramas are just hinted at, so Ocean can explore those plots in different breakout stories ofter SG. Speculation is not as fun as finding out though.
We just cant know much about characters and their relationships without knowing how WIAB ended.. WIAB's MC could have fuck all girls there and Nami and Bella, Zara, Vanessa, Maja (or any other girls) could be half sisters. Only WIAB's MC dick is the limit...
*I refuse to name him "Will" or SG's character "Nika" because everybody renamed him anyway, so I name him simple MC...

Last edited:

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
Hmmm, I don’t know about Summer, but it would be an interesting move if Victoria were in this role. Everyone thinks that she is a weak cripple with an angelic voice and character. And at the end she gets up, lights a cigarette and leaves with a devilish smile.
That is something I also speculated with! Few would think that possible, but it has some traction.

Reactions: rudy007 and Doomyk

rudy007

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2021
I still don't understand what if I make big change in WIAB how can this effect SG dynamically :unsure:
I think this is big issue and hope Ocean handle this :rolleyes:
Ocean probably has a final state of characters from WIAB in his head. There is no other way to begin another story based on an unfinished story. And I'm pretty sure the Ocean won't tell us even if we eat all the vegetables on the plate...
From now on... ;)

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
I still don't understand what if I make big change in WIAB how can this effect SG dynamically :unsure:
I think this is big issue and hope Ocean handle this :rolleyes:
My guess is that the canon ending is set, for both WIAB and SG already, and our choices are more how much we discover or understand. Who we chose as a love interest might not affect the canon ending at all, and the time gap between novels allows for any the discrepancies to be glossed over. ie the start and end of the game might be set, and we can make choices in between that, like 95% of games made in any genre. I can't think of any game, even from mainstream studios that has both a plot and completely non-linear choices. Either it's a free roam or there is a plot.

The trick is how to make the plot interesting enough that the choices feel genuine even while leading you through the story. But that the job of a good story teller.

Orgitas

Jan 5, 2023
My guess is that the canon ending is set, for both WIAB and SG already, and our choices are more how much we discover or understand. Who we chose as a love interest might not affect the canon ending at all, and the time gap between novels allows for any the discrepancies to be glossed over. ie the start and end of the game might be set, and we can make choices in between that, like 95% of games made in any genre. I can't think of any game, even from mainstream studios that has both a plot and completely non-linear choices. Either it's a free roam or there is a plot.

The trick is how to make the plot interesting enough that the choices feel genuine even while leading you through the story. But that the job of a good story teller.
Well if Ocean knows anything about writing they would know the beginning, the middle, and end before writing anything else of consequence. From there you weave them all together with everything else.

Grumpy Old Aussie

Engaged Member
May 6, 2023
Hmmm, I don’t know about Summer, but it would be an interesting move if Victoria were in this role. Everyone thinks that she is a weak cripple with an angelic voice and character. And at the end she gets up, lights a cigarette and leaves with a devilish smile.
:sick: NOOOOOOOOOOOO
Vic is an angelic large breasted sweetheart, she doesn't need to be corrupted and evil. It will ruin 1/3 of my fantasy life. Sasha and Amber being the other 2/3s of my fantasy life.

Grumpy Old Aussie

Engaged Member
May 6, 2023
Do you realize that Sasha is perhaps the darkest li, right? And Amber is certainly not an angel. She has her own calculations.
Sasha and Amber aren't Vic.
Amber is just hot I can overlook her flaws. Sasha's mysterious darkness is what I like about her.

Vic is sweetness personified and worthy of my protection.

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017

Naturally Ocean has a personal Canon ending for WIAB in the drawer and from this ending SG is being developed. But we players will also get our "personal Canon ending" by playing WIAB. This is one reason so many characters in "Summer´s gone" look like they could be the children of X and Y from WIAB. Ocean does this so that all "Canon endings" which are not Ocean´s main Canon have something in SG to relate to for the players.
For instance, Nami looks very much to be the daughter of Daphne. This might not be the case for the "main canon", but it is a nod to the players canon where the WIAB MC came together with Daphne instead. Likewise for many other characters.

4.30 star(s) 502 Votes