Nurikabe

Feb 10, 2021
If it's a lot like this thread except the trolls then why did he left?

Like i said, it's not like he is surrounded by trolls constantly who gives him a hard time and most of the people in here like his game and you can also see people who give decent criticism to what he does.
Are you seriously questioning why a dev would leave this thread? This forum? If I had one piece of advice that I could give devs, it would be to avoid this forum at all costs. There is nothing to be gained here that cannot be gained in a place with more appropriate critics.

It is possible for us to discuss something and disagree on many points. But I only follow certain people in this thread. I ignore the rest. Why would a dev, who is busy creating a game and dealing with everything else that goes with it, worry about maintaining a presence here? Who to listen to, who to ignore.

You can join any of his formal contact points free of charge. If you are concerned about not being heard, go there.

KekWGgWP

Feb 9, 2018
Are you seriously questioning why a dev would leave this thread? This forum? If I had one piece of advice that I could give devs, it would be to avoid this forum at all costs. There is nothing to be gained here that cannot be gained in a place with more appropriate critics.

It is possible for us to discuss something and disagree on many points. But I only follow certain people in this thread. I ignore the rest. Why would a dev, who is busy creating a game and dealing with everything else that goes with it, worry about maintaining a presence here? Who to listen to, who to ignore.

You can join any of his formal contact points free of charge. If you are concerned about not being heard, go there.
Nothing to be gained? this forum more or less made his games popular, this is where this kind of games are getting heavily promoted, i would never heard of his games if they weren't here.

It's his choice to leave but he might as well just ignore the hating comments (which doesn't happen all the time) without leaving, he maded it sound like his thread is full of trolls who constantly harasses him.

You said his Discord is a lot like this thread, meaning it's not that bad as he thinks, therefore i still don't understand why he left.

Nurikabe

Feb 10, 2021
No, it's not at all like this thread, maybe you are already very used to the mechanics on Discord, but even you are not the same there as you are here.
First, I am not talking about mechanics. I am talking about an avenue to contact the dev and critically discuss the game. The beauty of Discord is that has rules that are enforced. There are consequences for trolling. For being a complete moron. Moderators actually do their job.

I am almost entirely the same on Discord. The difference? I won't call someone an outright idiot on Discord. My comments are almost word for word on Patreon and Discord. I don't hide behind an anonymous account, as I do here on this Forum. But if you were so inclined, you could correlate my comments from those sources and figure out who I am.

sorco2003

Sep 3, 2020
First, I am not talking about mechanics. I am talking about an avenue to contact the dev and critically discuss the game. The beauty of Discord is that has rules that are enforced. There are consequences for trolling. For being a complete moron. Moderators actually do their job.

I am almost entirely the same on Discord. The difference? I won't call someone an outright idiot on Discord. My comments are almost word for word on Patreon and Discord. I don't hide behind an anonymous account, as I do here on this Forum. But if you were so inclined, you could correlate my comments from those sources and figure out who I am.
This explanation affirms even more that it is not the same. And you are assuring it by saying that here you are an anonymous person and in Discord you are not.
And it has nothing to do with dealing with trolls or not, it has to do with the closed environment and the chat format.
Just as I am not the same in any of the different environments.

Reactions: ZillaStarKilla

Nurikabe

Feb 10, 2021
Nothing to be gained? this forum more or less made his games popular, this is where this kind of games are getting heavily promoted, i would never heard of his games if they weren't here.

It's his choice to leave but he might as well just ignore the hating comments (which doesn't happen all the time) without leaving, he maded it sound like his thread is full of trolls who constantly harasses him.
This game will exist on this forum with to without the dev. The gains of having a game available on such a forum is not really what is being discussed. The concern is whether or not a dev can receive a critical analysis of his games on forums other than this place. He can and does.

I don't know why he left. I don't care. I am here to discuss the game with you and people like you. If I want his opinion, I go to Discord and Patreon.

This explanation affirms even more that it is not the same. And you are assuring it by saying that here you are an anonymous person and in Discord you are not.
And it has nothing to do with dealing with trolls or not, it has to do with the closed environment and the chat format.
Just as I am not the same in any of the different environments.
The mechanics are different, live chat versus posts. You can be anonymous on either forum if you so choose, I am not on Patreon or Discord. Ocean's Discord server is available for anyone to join, as is this forum. There is an age restriction (thankfully) on Discord, which can be bypassed by rascally youth.

What is different? What does a dev stand to gain by using this forum versus Discord? How is this relevant to Ocean leaving this forum?

sorco2003

Sep 3, 2020
This game will exist on this forum with to without the dev. The gains of having a game available on such a forum is not really what is being discussed. The concern is whether or not a dev can receive a critical analysis of his games on forums other than this place. He can and does.

I don't know why he left. I don't care. I am here to discuss the game with you and people like you. If I want his opinion, I go to Discord and Patreon.

The mechanics are different, live chat versus posts. You can be anonymous on either forum if you so choose, I am not on Patreon or Discord. Ocean's Discord server is available for anyone to join, as is this forum. There is an age restriction (thankfully) on Discord, which can be bypassed by rascally youth.

What is different? What does a dev stand to gain by using this forum versus Discord? How is this relevant to Ocean leaving this forum?
That's the point, at no time did I talk about Ocean leaving this place. I told him what I think, I am not going to make it public.
Yes, I consider that Discord is not comparable with a forum. It is not the same under any concept.

Reactions: Meushi and Nurikabe

Bombmaster

May 8, 2022
Well discord always gonna be tame, and is more of a hassle to participate.

I guess is a good place for stans.

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018

You said his Discord is a lot like this thread, meaning it's not that bad as he thinks, therefore i still don't understand why he left.
The reason for leaving is noise and its distraction. Noise doesn't have to be bad to hurt productivity; just the continuous notifications of any social platform wear some people down. Good, bad, indifferent, the content isn't so damaging as the time and mental engagement. I can completely understand limiting engagement to the 3 or 4 channels that are most productive. Just like people doing their social media 'fasting'. In the worst case, it's like probing a missing tooth or vicariously watching a car crash, the the best case, it's being an introvert in a room of people that all want to talk about you.

This is just leaving the posting content aside, purely considering the interactions, without even the thought of posting or reacting.

KekWGgWP

Feb 9, 2018

That pretty much defeats the point of criticizing the game here, every person that has any complains about the game will have to reach to his Discord and address it instead.

Since he is not here anymore.

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
Pretty ironic that he says he has a thick skin and just decides to delete his account here, i guess he doesn't really have much of a thick skin after all. :HideThePain:

Did he really had it that bad here that decided to delete his account? sounds pretty extreme and unnecessary.
Why don't you try having a bunch of tools calling you a liar and a thief everyday of the week for years because you demand top tier quality on your work and tell us if that is emotionally draining or not.

And these same tools, who call Ocean a milker, for taking a long time to get things done to his uncompromising standards, are also *gasp* stealing the game on a pirate board. Getting a commercial product without paying for it, and demand for more and faster, all while calling the developer a bunch of rude names., so who are the real milkers here?

I'd say it was a clear demonstration of Ocean's thick skin for hanging on for so long. Leaving here is not a drastic step at all. Seriously, even questioning if Ocean really had it that bad is tiptoeing perilously close to the territory of the above-mentioned tools.

BleachIT

Apr 26, 2021
When will the full update with the redone chapter 2 come out ? i heard smth about 2 weeks can someone confirm or deny that ?

abdje019

Mar 20, 2023
That pretty much defeats the point of criticizing the game here, every person that has any complains about the game will have to reach to his Discord and address it instead.

Since he is not here anymore.
Yea.............Seems a bit irrational that he has to leave this site. Discord also sucks and it is definitely is mostly a echo chamber and is mostly full of annoying people with a few cool ones.....but mostly annoying. Also that place has a ton pirates too that want or demand more and more Bella......it's overloaded with them or Sasha simpies that want or demand more and more of Sasha from what I've seen. He keeps saying that he won't change his vision but he has already with some of these changes.............he even said in that paragraph that those changes weren't his vision...........have even seen Oceanlabs say he'll take NTR suggestions from cuckies in Discord but won't take other suggestions for the game of how his vision for the game should be..........personally I don't buy his complaints about this site. I supported by wishlisting it like he asked I won't do patreon because it's not a finished product and I think patreon is a scam...........it's also many game developers are also entitled its not one way street...........if you demand financial support for something that is not even finished you are entitled by definition............Maybe I think about supporting by buying once it finished but he seems so closed off to any ideas if its not NTR cucky idea I don't know he would even listen to people on Steam forums either and compromise.................and others have already suggested how he could of made the Jacuzzi scene better without showing cock I won't repeat it but it could've been a compromise for the players..........no one cares about showing cock not sure why he brings it up all the time.............Only thing I agree with his post for why he's leaving is if it's for his mental health...............then he should leave absolutely.........not worth it for that but the rest of what he says I don't buy most of it honestly.............

Last edited:

Razrback16

Jul 20, 2020
Ya sad to see Ocean leave. I PM'd him a few days back but think he deleted his account before reading it - I had encouraged him to stick around and just make very aggressive use of the ignore button for the people who are clearly just hating on him and the game. I'm on his Discord but I hate Discord's format so I don't engage much there, just read Ocean's posts, etc.

As someone else noted, hopefully the "modder of unknown origin" still uploads the incest patch when updates release. :D

Moon Blaster

Oct 3, 2023
Wise decision in my opinion. Way too much noise to signal on this forum. Pretty much a toxic cesspool for most devs. Even if the VN is a hit, you have to wade through the BS posts of people complaining about why their LI (or random background character) is not featured more, why there is no 'X' or too much 'X'. Why no incest, why no NTR? Or the inverse of each. And those are just the fans. Even worse are the trolls. People legitimately wanting to see and be part of the success can still access him through multiple channels. It will be a bummer not having his opinion and input in this thread. But the junk is not worth it most of the time.
well he is on discord as well ,and if this website had bad or toxic comments wait until you see how some discord users type , as someone that used to talk in discord the community there is usually one of the worse ones i know . Of course not everyone might be toxic there , but the servers i was in always had some toxic people , one of the best decisions of my life was leaving discord

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
Looks like Ocean has decided not to wait for Season 1 to be finished, and has deleted his f95 account.

The artist Deleted member 327695, formerly known as Oceanlab, aka Ocean. :(
Devs are leaving this cursed place in droves and I don't blame them. Mental health is too precious.
Yeah, treat someone like shit and they go away. I love how the haters are hating on him for not putting up with their hate anymore. :ROFLMAO:

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020

My recommendation when seeing the attacks, complaints (like those about the rework - which ignore Why Ocean is doing the rework) and entitled troll behavior Ocean was seeing is to pick a few trustworthy supporters to review F95 in his stead.

Let them summarize anything of value found and Ocean continues with the Important work - continuing to create SG and WIAB, without the negativity found on F95.

Do we want a dev spending his valuable time refuting trolls on this thread or do we want the dev to spend that time giving us better updates faster?

Ocean's time and focus have value.

I think this move is a no brainer.

For those who want to have a conversation, there is his Discord and there is always the option to support via Patreon /SS.

Cheers!! :coffee:

4.30 star(s) 507 Votes